Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old Jun 21st 2013, 4:19 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

How did i miss this thread ? haha, Oh I know....I was in the UK

Did the Cat/s get to Saudi then ?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

They did! Arrived last Thursday morning. Actually locating the poor buggers after they landed took about two hours. No one seemed to know or give a shit tbh.

And the moral of the story is - if you want to import your cats to Saudi, throw money at it and get the paperwork done for you. The end.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
They did! Arrived last Thursday morning. Actually locating the poor buggers after they landed took about two hours. No one seemed to know or give a shit tbh.

And the moral of the story is - if you want to import your cats to Saudi, throw money at it and get the paperwork done for you. The end.
Great news

that's the moral for most things in the Middle East.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Great news

that's the moral for most things in the Middle East.
Lol, sad thing is, the money throwing happened at the UK end! And the cats don't seem particularly chuffed to be here. Ungrateful sods
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:39 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

And the cats don't seem particularly chuffed to be here. Ungrateful sods
Would you want to be wearing a fur coat in this heat?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikewot
Would you want to be wearing a fur coat in this heat?
No. Wearing a black abaya every time I leave the compound, I can sympathise. But they can shed their coat accordingly - and there's always aircon. Plenty of places as hot as Jeddah where cats and dogs live quite happily.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

No. Wearing a black abaya every time I leave the compound, I can sympathise. But they can shed their coat accordingly - and there's always aircon. Plenty of places as hot as Jeddah where cats and dogs live quite happily.
Darling..you are quite right..lots of us have cats in the ME..this time of the year my cats hardly ever go outside..I have a litter tray for them... they tend to "eat/sleep/sleep/eat.
Later in the year as the weather cools I hardly ever see them..just for food, other than that they are out exploring.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Darling..you are quite right..lots of us have cats in the ME..this time of the year my cats hardly ever go outside..I have a litter tray for them... they tend to "eat/sleep/sleep/eat.
Later in the year as the weather cools I hardly ever see them..just for food, other than that they are out exploring.
Yep, that's the routine. I'm not sure if my two wil ever explore... They both weigh nearly a stone each and are absolutely terrified of the 1lb compound cat we've adopted. It's embarrassing really.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Importation of familiars should be a topic for regular discussion at meetings oif your local coven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar_spirit
Old Sep 11th 2013, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Update - if I'd known how appallingly awful vet care and food supplies were for cats here, I'd have rehomed them back in the uk. Top tip - don't EVER bring your pets to this country. It's a shithole. Mine are going back in the new year.