Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old May 14th 2013, 6:43 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I've had shorter relationships to be fair...
Old May 14th 2013, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Frankly my dear, with your attitude, I would be surprised if OldJanx wanted to help you.
The only reason I could think is that it would help your cats to travel without too much distress. I would hate to think of any animals held up in a Saudi airport, considering the attitude most of them have about animals.
If OJ does deign to help you ..try to be a little more gracious darling.
No one has to help. I posted on here looking for some specific advise - all I got back was some entertaining attempts at sarcasm and condescension from folk that hadn't even bothered to read my posts properly. And going through other threads and post history, there does seem to be a remarkable similarity in the replies to others newbies as to me. What is there to be gracious about so far?
Old May 14th 2013, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
No one has to help. I posted on here looking for some specific advise - all I got back was some entertaining attempts at sarcasm and condescension from folk that hadn't even bothered to read my posts properly. And going through other threads and post history, there does seem to be a remarkable similarity in the replies to others newbies as to me. What is there to be gracious about so far?
Have you had a look at this?
http://www.hziegler.com/articles/bri...ddle-east.html
Old May 14th 2013, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had the cats spayed, neutered and converted to Islam?
Old May 14th 2013, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

This might help, too
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/SaudiArabia.cfm

This might be helpful, too...
http://www.expatarrivals.com/article...o-saudi-arabia

Good job I prefer cats and dogs to humans, eh?

Last edited by OleJanx; May 14th 2013 at 6:58 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Have you had the cats spayed, neutered and converted to Islam?
Done, done, and not yet but am hoping to enrol them in classes when I arrive...
Old May 14th 2013, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Done, done, and not yet but am hoping to enrol them in classes when I arrive...
Almost all cats have on their heads an 'M'. This apparently is from where Mohammed (PBUH) touched a stray moggy in downtown Mecca. Have a look at your cats - they more than likely don't need to convert....
Old May 14th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OleJanx
This might help, too
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/SaudiArabia.cfm

This might be helpful, too...
http://www.expatarrivals.com/article...o-saudi-arabia

Good job I prefer cats and dogs to humans, eh?
Thanks for those. Have seen both websites (contrary to popular opinion, I can and have googled every single search I can think of) - but neither explain how it's possible for an individual in the UK to get the EHC certificate legalised and then stamped at the Saudi embassy in the 96 hours before the flight, when one of those processes has to be done by post...
Old May 14th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Almost all cats have on their heads an 'M'. This apparently is from where Mohammed (PBUH) touched a stray moggy in downtown Mecca. Have a look at your cats - they more than likely don't need to convert....
I guess they do have a M - if I fluff the hair up a bit and squint at them. May have to fix it with some hairspray though...
Old May 14th 2013, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I guess they do have a M - if I fluff the hair up a bit and squint at them. May have to fix it with some hairspray though...
Never quite understood how the 'M' is in a latin letter, though....
Old May 14th 2013, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Jeddah Vet Clinic

http://www.saudivets.com/

My personal view is that there are already enough cats in KSA.

See long thread here which is actually quite helpful if you wade through the sarcvasm.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewto...highlight=cats

Last edited by scot47; May 14th 2013 at 9:35 pm.
Old May 14th 2013, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Ask Jeddah Vet Clinic

http://www.saudivets.com/

My personal view is that there are already enough cats in KSA.

See long thread here which is actually quite helpful if you wade through the sarcvasm.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewto...highlight=cats
Thanks. I'm all set with what paperwork I need, I'm just at a loss as how I'm supposed to get it all signed off within the time frame stipulated.

I'm sure there are plenty of cats. However I have two which I'm not prepared to give away. I like to think a pet is for life.
Old May 15th 2013, 6:04 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

There can not be any correct advice. This is Magic Kingdom and everything here depends on Moon phase and Mood of a clerk you deal with, and everyone 'longstanding member' have it's own unique experience.
My suggestion:
- go to Saudia airlines office in London (Victoria Street LONDON),
- speak with highest manager (lower clerks at reception will try to explain much but all this is valueless bullshit) you can reach there (Saudi national),
- get his advice (don't ask in written, this will make him nervous),
- ask his business card (be polite end modest - being without abaya in his eyes you will be absolute nude, and asking his number means for him the inviting on a date).

You will not get a correct advice anyway, but you will have a "Wasta" - show his card everywhere you will go after, and this will simplify all process a lot.
Old May 15th 2013, 10:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Little Nancy was in the garden filling in a hole when her neighbor peered over the fence. Interested in what the cheeky-faced youngster was up to, he politely asked, "What are you doing there, Nancy?"

"My goldfish died," replied Nancy tearfully without looking up, "and I've just buried him."

The neighbor was very concerned. "That's an awfully big hole for a goldfish, isn't it?"

Nancy patted down the last heap of dirt then replied, "That's because he's inside your ****ing cat."
Old May 15th 2013, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
Little Nancy was in the garden filling in a hole when her neighbor peered over the fence. Interested in what the cheeky-faced youngster was up to, he politely asked, "What are you doing there, Nancy?"

"My goldfish died," replied Nancy tearfully without looking up, "and I've just buried him."

The neighbor was very concerned. "That's an awfully big hole for a goldfish, isn't it?"

Nancy patted down the last heap of dirt then replied, "That's because he's inside your ****ing cat."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.