Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old May 15th 2013, 10:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
Just trying to lighten this thread up a little.

After all, who doesn't love pussy(cats)?
Old May 15th 2013, 10:54 am
Just Joined

SunbeamFanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, with a capital FFS, if you have read my questions, can you see answers to them all in the link you kindly provided?
Now now, play nicely with the natives
Old May 15th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SunbeamFanatic
Now now, play nicely with the natives
Christ on a bike, don't you start!
Old May 15th 2013, 11:48 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Not wasting any 'honey' on that kind of member.
If your fit you can spread honey on my member and lick it off.

Husbands and cats cannot watch.
Old May 15th 2013, 12:30 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

While not wanting to appear needlessly cruel about what are obviously very loved pets, and I can understand the attachment that people develop with their animals.
But, and don't instantly reject this idea, why not batter them to death with a large snow shovel. You'll find this easier to do at home as snow shovels are notoriously difficult to source in Saudi Arabia.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

When I first went to KSA in 1970, Jeddah was full of feral dogs ("Pariah Dogs") The locals would not shoot them. Some time in the late 1970s or early 1980s, Jeddah Municipality recruited a gang of Baluchi mercenaries from Pakistan to round up the dogs and do them in. No feral dogs now but there are feral cats EVERYWHERE in Jeddah - and in moist other cities in the Magic KJingdom.

Adopt one od them and give your UK cats toi the Humane Society.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:38 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Just trying to lighten this thread up a little.

After all, who doesn't love pussy(cats)?
I have had more dogs than pussys. They seem more loyal and happy to see you.

A pussy on the other hand you can never trust and will give its affection to anyone that feeds or plays with it.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

In the words of my husband - who attempted to run the cargo shed at Jeddah airport for awhile before he got jack of it - who saw thousands of cats and dogs imported into the country from all over the world:

1. Saudi authorities want to see paperwork on dogs that says they are a "hunting dog" (he's seen everything from maltese to German Shepherds labelled as such) but they couldn't give a f*&^ing rats arse about cats - they don't even bother looking at the paperwork

2. At risk of repeating the original advice (and being shouted at) - check with the airline in UK as to whether you have what THEY need in order for them to load them on the aircraft. If the airline in UK is OK with loading them - then load them! (Yes, they will be loaded in the cargo hold - the majority of commercial passenger planes always carry cargo loads - except out of Jeddah where everyone is taking so much free excess baggage with Makkah water/shopping with them that it won't fit)

3. What do the import company in Jeddah say you need to do - are they the ones telling you that it needs to be stamped? (I'm not clear from your posts who told you that you needed this stamp)

4. Make sure your husband has contracted the import company that he got the paperwork through in Jeddah to go to the cargo shed, show the relevant documents that they have generated to the myriad of people that need to see them (and to whom they have a 'special' relationship with) and sort through the mess for you in order to easily collect your cats at the other end.

Bottom line - to put it bluntly in language that the 'old timers' sometimes forget newbies don't really understand until they get to KSA- there is no information on the process because there is NO PROCESS in KSA and what is used today by guy#1 is not what will happen with guy#2 which is not what import company 1 will say nor what import company 2 will say, what one website says is necessary is not what will be required by the customs guy on duty on the day - it changes hourly.............

But, be prepared to potentially have to go and get half a dozen other signatures / pieces of paper that you have not even been told that you need - because that is what KSA is like - although at this point I will refer you back to point #1 - the Saudi's could give a flying f*&^ about cats so any paperwork you do have in all likelihood won't be looked at anyway.

As for getting it stamped in 96 hours when you have to post it - what do the stamping authority say and can't you DHL Express it to them so its delivered and returned in that time?

But, my best advice - load the cats in UK if the airline will do so with the paperwork you have. Get to Jeddah and let the import company sort it out.
Old May 15th 2013, 8:54 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Totally pathetic replies on this thread from all you proud "longstanding members" - what a crock of shit.

From advising to get rid of or even kill your pet as Saudi has too many to just total insults.

You f***ing bunch of bellends.

And yes, even some mods seem to be getting a little in with the in crowd.
Old May 15th 2013, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dragonladyoz
In the words of my husband - who attempted to run the cargo shed at Jeddah airport for awhile before he got jack of it - who saw thousands of cats and dogs imported into the country from all over the world:

1. Saudi authorities want to see paperwork on dogs that says they are a "hunting dog" (he's seen everything from maltese to German Shepherds labelled as such) but they couldn't give a f*&^ing rats arse about cats - they don't even bother looking at the paperwork

2. At risk of repeating the original advice (and being shouted at) - check with the airline in UK as to whether you have what THEY need in order for them to load them on the aircraft. If the airline in UK is OK with loading them - then load them! (Yes, they will be loaded in the cargo hold - the majority of commercial passenger planes always carry cargo loads - except out of Jeddah where everyone is taking so much free excess baggage with Makkah water/shopping with them that it won't fit)

3. What do the import company in Jeddah say you need to do - are they the ones telling you that it needs to be stamped? (I'm not clear from your posts who told you that you needed this stamp)

4. Make sure your husband has contracted the import company that he got the paperwork through in Jeddah to go to the cargo shed, show the relevant documents that they have generated to the myriad of people that need to see them (and to whom they have a 'special' relationship with) and sort through the mess for you in order to easily collect your cats at the other end.

Bottom line - to put it bluntly in language that the 'old timers' sometimes forget newbies don't really understand until they get to KSA- there is no information on the process because there is NO PROCESS in KSA and what is used today by guy#1 is not what will happen with guy#2 which is not what import company 1 will say nor what import company 2 will say, what one website says is necessary is not what will be required by the customs guy on duty on the day - it changes hourly.............

But, be prepared to potentially have to go and get half a dozen other signatures / pieces of paper that you have not even been told that you need - because that is what KSA is like - although at this point I will refer you back to point #1 - the Saudi's could give a flying f*&^ about cats so any paperwork you do have in all likelihood won't be looked at anyway.

As for getting it stamped in 96 hours when you have to post it - what do the stamping authority say and can't you DHL Express it to them so its delivered and returned in that time?

But, my best advice - load the cats in UK if the airline will do so with the paperwork you have. Get to Jeddah and let the import company sort it out.
Thanks! Good to get an experienced POV
Old May 15th 2013, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Totally pathetic replies on this thread from all you proud "longstanding members" - what a crock of shit.

From advising to get rid of or even kill your pet as Saudi has too many to just total insults.

Old May 16th 2013, 3:26 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

After that huge bollocking I am deeply deeply ashamed of my behaviour. I think I'll go and find the mess webley and do the honourable thing.
Old May 16th 2013, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!! some of us did try to help!
Old May 16th 2013, 5:35 am
Just Joined

SunbeamFanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dragonladyoz

You're not risking a shouting at A UK export company is being used who are booking the LHR-JED flight and will handle the cargo for loading at LHR.

There is no import company in Jeddah they will just arrive on the plane, the OP is planning to travel on the same flight. The requirement for stamping seems to stem from several website comments stating that the cats need a health check from a Vet stating that they are "fit to fly" no more than 96 hours before departure, this is a given for getting them on the plane. Various websites then went on to suggest that the Vet report needs to be "legalized" in the UK by DEFRA/FCO and then counter-stamped by the UK Saudi Embassy, the OP's inference is that if the Vet report must be no greater than 96 hours pre-flight then this means the legalization and Saudi stamp must be done after the Vet report is completed and before the actual flight, so within the 96 hours. It is not clear if the legalization and Saudi stamp is required for customs clearance in Jeddah as they are not required to actually put the cats on the plane (only the Vet report is required to actually fly).

The Ministry of Agriculture on Old Makkah Road issued the "Veterinary Permit to Import Dogs and Cats" as you rightly point out it required visits to 6 different offices in the same building for various signatures before an Import Number was assigned and the KSA Ministry of Agriculture stamp was affixed. I am confident that this is all that is required to release the cats from Customs.

I can appreciate this point and it is exactly why the OP chose this forum to try and get some first hand advice rather than what is often a lot of nonsense on the Internet.

Stamping requirements as explained above, the key issue seems to be that the Vet "fit to fly" report is required to get them on the plane BUT will the Saudi Customs accept this to be a true and valid document if it does not have the UK DEFRA/FCO legalization stamp and the stamp from the UK Saudi Embassy? The Import Permit will be on hand at Customs in Jeddah
Thank you for some first hand advice this is all that was being asked for, not lessons in how to use Google
Old May 16th 2013, 5:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Are you particularly annoyed because Murray is injured?

*RUNS FOR COVER*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.