Car Advice - UAE

Old Aug 30th 2013, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Advice - UAE

Originally Posted by ADteacher
How easy will I find getting a bank loan considering I'm a newbie?
it depend on who you work for, there are various levels of companies etc that are looked upon more favourable so if you are on their list you will be fine (this is adcb i am talking about) so it does matter who you work for, as some construction firms arent on that list.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Also its not obligatory to get a car loan to buy a car. You can get a personal loan and then buy a car with it

You pay a slightly higher interest rate but you have clear title on the car and can so dispose of it when you wish without any dramas and then clear the loan

I opted for this route and pay an extra 20 quid a month or 700 quid over the course of the loan. As the car is cheap by European standards I am not arsed and can flog it whenever I wish

Just don't tell the bank when you apply what you are up to

The extra interest is the banks protection for an unsecured loan against a car loan where of course they have security
yep thats right if you want less hassle and dont mind paying a little bit more then get a personal loan. this loan can be used against anything and it willnot go on your gold registation card, so you dont have to pay it off before selling the car, which is a hassle. but do check the difference in rates as it can make a difference depending on the bank/company etc.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep thats right if you want less hassle and dont mind paying a little bit more then get a personal loan. this loan can be used against anything and it willnot go on your gold registation card, so you dont have to pay it off before selling the car, which is a hassle. but do check the difference in rates as it can make a difference depending on the bank/company etc.
When I changed visas, HSBC told me that they would freeze my accounts if I had a personal loan, but would not freeze as my loan was secured on the car.

Probably BS - but they didn't freeze my account (although I had emptied it just in case).
Old Aug 31st 2013, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Millhouse
When I changed visas, HSBC told me that they would freeze my accounts if I had a personal loan, but would not freeze as my loan was secured on the car.

Probably BS - but they didn't freeze my account (although I had emptied it just in case).
well hsbc...... what more do i need to say? if you move jobs so change visas the banks can freeze accounts and do..... we have been with adcb all the time here, we changed visas even though we didnt have a loan with them but we had obviously a credit card, even though there wasnt anything on the card no debt at all etc they decided to "take" i think it was like 45k to "cover" any debt on the credit card until we showed them new contract/visa etc etc..... but with regard to loans they can actually ask you to pay them all back! we have been with them 17 years premier customer.... hmmmmh!
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Oli_hayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I have just moved here and I started renting a car. I have just got my residency and I have been told that I need to get my UK license converted? Does anyone know how I do this or where I have to go to get it done? What I will need how much it will cost etc?
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

'Here' being Abu Dhabi!!

Last edited by Oli_hayward; Sep 2nd 2013 at 3:48 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oli_hayward
Hi there, I have just moved here and I started renting a car. I have just got my residency and I have been told that I need to get my UK license converted? Does anyone know how I do this or where I have to go to get it done? What I will need how much it will cost etc?
I'd imagine it's still in the police compound between 25th and 27th 4th and 2nd streets. Does your company not have a local/PRO to do this stuff for you?
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

go to traffic in muroor. up opp mushrif mall between 27 and 25 and 4 and 2. for exchange of driving licences you need to go to the "big" building with all the steps which is nearest to 27th. the other side closest to 25th is where you will get your cars tested each year etc for registration etc.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I'd imagine it's still in the police compound between 25th and 27th 4th and 2nd streets. Does your company not have a local/PRO to do this stuff for you?
if a woman much quicker to do yourself. go up to the counter to geta number there is usually a mens line and as a women go to the front of that queue and you will get a number for the womens line, go to get eye test done then you will go to a different counter for the paperwork etc. did my renewal like 6 years ago and 10 years before that, maybe about 200dhs now around that... but of course its been a while since i have been.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

once you have residency you must get a uae licence, if renting a car then when you have your licence you must give them a copy etc for their records.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks I will head down to the place in Muroor and see how I get on. Do you know if I will need the paper part of my UK drivers license? Will I need passport photos or do they take them there?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Ok thanks I will head down to the place in Muroor and see how I get on. Do you know if I will need the paper part of my UK drivers license? Will I need passport photos or do they take them there?
In theory you will need it - but most aren't asked for it (well not in Al Ain).
They take photos there, but its a good idea to always have a spare couple of passport photos just in case the rules have changed.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes you need to have both parts, they may not ask for it, but technically your licence isnt valid without both bits. when i did it last for renewal they actually take them there, but of course it could have changed.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:58 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

You will also need a NOC from your employer and a translated copy of your driving license (just the card, you won't need the paper part)
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

enfant_teribl is an unknown quantity at this point

What would 39000 QR/yr get me in Doha? I might be there 3 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.