Car Advice - UAE

Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Oli_hayward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Advice - UAE

Doesn't sound easy, thanks for all the info! I left the paper part of my licence in the UK so hopefully a scan will do!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oli_hayward
Doesn't sound easy, thanks for all the info! I left the paper part of my licence in the UK so hopefully a scan will do!
why your licence is only valid with both sections, and doubt here they would accept a scanned copy, you may be lucky they only look at your photocard... but
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:24 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oli_hayward
I just took my card and an Arabic translation of the card and got my license no bother, this was about a year ago. If you take a copy of the untranslated paper copy of the license you will only complicate the process.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

well after being here for nearly 18 months I have decided to take a car allowance from work rather than them just providing me a hire car. (Elantra).

Had a wander round RAK Auto Market last night which was pretty fun! Seems you can get a pretty good value so was looking at the Jeeps as I really want something that I can take off road into the desert.

Does anybody know of any good deals on at the moment with the Dubai Shopping Festival. I have had a look at the VW one already.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
well after being here for nearly 18 months I have decided to take a car allowance from work rather than them just providing me a hire car. (Elantra).

Had a wander round RAK Auto Market last night which was pretty fun! Seems you can get a pretty good value so was looking at the Jeeps as I really want something that I can take off road into the desert.

Does anybody know of any good deals on at the moment with the Dubai Shopping Festival. I have had a look at the VW one already.
You're driving to AD and back aren't you?

Jeep Wrangler probably isn't going to be the comfiest option...
Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're driving to AD and back aren't you?

Jeep Wrangler probably isn't going to be the comfiest option...
Not anymore. Based in Dubai now.

Will have to do the odd drive up to AD but once every couple of weeks max. Main reason I am buying a car really. Whilst I was putting the miles on I just had a hire car. No point putting miles on my own car if I can help it.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not anymore. Based in Dubai now.

Will have to do the odd drive up to AD but once every couple of weeks max. Main reason I am buying a car really. Whilst I was putting the miles on I just had a hire car. No point putting miles on my own car if I can help it.
Smart.

Get the mega Jeep Cherokee. The one with a 6.something engine and all sorts of crazy speed stats. Noisy as **** too.

Or an F150 Raptor.

Or go boring, cheap and sensible like me and get an exploder.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Smart.

Get the mega Jeep Cherokee. The one with a 6.something engine and all sorts of crazy speed stats. Noisy as **** too.

Or an F150 Raptor.

Or go boring, cheap and sensible like me and get an exploder.
I know this is going to sound really boring but I just want something a bit as you say boring, cheap and sensible and then in a couple of years get something a bit more fun

I did look at the explorer but not sure what they are like off road.

I think I am definitely going to buy 2nd hand though unless I find a really good offer. Looking around the 80,000 AED mark at the moment.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 10:52 am
Account Closed

I know this is going to sound really boring but I just want something a bit as you say boring, cheap and sensible and then in a couple of years get something a bit more fun

I think I am definitely going to buy 2nd hand though unless I find a really good offer. Looking around the 80,000 AED mark at the moment.
Apparently they're alright if you know what you're doing.

I paid 80k for mine, 18k downpayment and 1500 a month over 5 or 6 years. Only about 34k left on the loan so might start overpaying it.

It's cheap to service - 500 for small, 1500 for big. Cheap to repair if you shop around (I just go to Ford and have only had one problem - the AC, but it's costing me about 4k...boo).

Mine was a year old when I got it and *touch wood* no major issues other than the evaporator and a couple of pipes having a leak.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Apparently they're alright if you know what you're doing.

I paid 80k for mine, 18k downpayment and 1500 a month over 5 or 6 years. Only about 34k left on the loan so might start overpaying it.

It's cheap to service - 500 for small, 1500 for big. Cheap to repair if you shop around (I just go to Ford and have only had one problem - the AC, but it's costing me about 4k...boo).

Mine was a year old when I got it and *touch wood* no major issues other than the evaporator and a couple of pipes having a leak.
That's the issue!

Will have to have another trip to RAS which is never a bad thing
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:14 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I may know a man in Dubai that could sort you out for an Nissan Xterra 0 km for around that price.....
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I may know a man in Dubai that could sort you out for an Nissan Xterra 0 km for around that price.....
Well that would be interesting.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:22 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that would be interesting.
I would need to check the rules ref Ducamz. They are mine and on their way to me here. Whilst I know how much it will cost me to get to Doha there are fees involved with getting it out of Ducamz and to Joe public. I can check if you want ? Could end up being 2k or something like that - but they are cheap.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I would need to check the rules ref Ducamz. They are mine and on their way to me here. Whilst I know how much it will cost me to get to Doha there are fees involved with getting it out of Ducamz and to Joe public. I can check if you want ? Could end up being 2k or something like that - but they are cheap.
yeah if you could please.

Much appreciated.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

the passat seems a good price best time for deals are when the new models come in and ramadan can you wait?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.