Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:21 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Originally Posted by hoffage123
Syed,

I am really sorry to hear you are having the troubles you are having right now. But I would urge you to hold on - I don't think you are going to be denied, but it does seem like your file has got stuck in the AP system somewhere, which is really unfair I know.

It isn't a personal reflection on you but just a consequence of the actions of recent years (the war on terror etc) ...

Would your fiancé be able to visit you to get married in the UK possibly whilst you wait (maybe even a short visit under the VWP)? Maybe she could study in the UK something that she is interested in, as student visas are (from my own spouse's experience) a bit easier to get?
Wedding visas are necessary, but are not difficult to get in the UK. But they're only good for weddings, and then you have to leave again within a reasonable time. At least the wait times for UK visas are not like they are in the US.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

We will explore all of our options before making a final decision. As it stands having a Nikkah ceremony in the UK seems like a good option as it does not impact the K1.

After that my fiancee can commute between the US and UK as she works,I have free and discounted airfare. Due to a cultural restrictions she cannot go back and forth at the moment without having the nikkah

Last edited by syed84; Sep 17th 2013 at 7:33 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:49 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said before, you need to be very careful that any sort of official ceremony is not construed as you actually being married - because then the K1 is pointless.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 10:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
As has been said before, you need to be very careful that any sort of official ceremony is not construed as you actually being married - because then the K1 is pointless.
+ 1.

Rene
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Civilservant & Rene

Of course guys I will consult a lawyer first. Although I may seem impatient I always take the advice I get from you two in particular on board

This is only the researching stage of what our options are. From what I have read seems like it should be ok. Won't do anything without getting legal advice
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

So today I am at 7 months on AP with the shutdown I doubt anything will happen soon
Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Heard anything yet syed?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoffage123
Heard anything yet syed?
Nothing at the moment just coming up to 8 months of AP
Old Nov 13th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

barksdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear you are still waiting.