Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update on US Embassy London - Interview Page: For Info

Update on US Embassy London - Interview Page: For Info

Old Nov 13th 2013, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update on US Embassy London - Interview Page: For Info

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...interview.html

Immediate Relative Category: In general, applicants registered in the immediate relative category will be contacted within 4 - 6 weeks of the NVC completing action on their application. Those whose application is being processed by the Embassy, will not receive an appointment date until the Immigrant Visa Unit has not only completed action on the application, but has also received the results of the medical examination.

K visa Category: The appointment for the visa interview will not be scheduled until the Immigrant Visa Unit has completed action on the application and has also received the results of the medical examination.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice
Default Re: Update on US Embassy London - Interview Page: For Info

siiigghhhh... I have no patience. I've filed through the embassy. What does it mean for the embassy to 'complete action on the application'? Does this mean after the NO2 is approved? Or once the case number is assigned? The case number comes a few weeks after the NOA2 correct?

No matter how many times I read about the process I still get confused!! My husband and I are trying to estimate a really rough time line on when he will be able to go to the US.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update on US Embassy London - Interview Page: For Info

It means action on the visa application (The DS-260) - once your husband gets a case number to fill it in.

Once they receive the application and process it, plus log the medical results, then they are in a position to schedule an interview, subject to availability etc etc. normally within 4-6 weeks.

Best not to worry too much. It will happen when it happens. Imo I suspect if you haven't received a case number yet, then the likelihood of an interview looks to be after Christmas at this rate; could be sooner though

Last edited by hoffage123; Nov 14th 2013 at 10:31 am.