Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Old Jan 11th 2013, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: syed84's I-129F at Vermont

Hi All

On the NOA2 it stated that the petition has been forwarded to the chosen Consulate. Does this mean via NVC?

It has a 9 digit number next to my name starting with an A *** *** ***. Is this the number I need to book my medical?

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2013, 12:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syed84 View Post
Is this the number I need to book my medical?
No... the A# is your Alien number. You need the case number before you can book the medical. The case number will look like LND**********.

Ian
Old Jan 12th 2013, 12:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
No... the A# is your Alien number. You need the case number before you can book the medical. The case number will look like LND**********.

Ian
If he is in London, yes. LND stands for London. Other locations have a different code.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2013, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you guys

Yes I am in London
Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

So I got my LND number yesterday

Can I go ahead book/take the medical without receiving a letter from the embassy?
Old Jan 15th 2013, 1:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So I got my LND number yesterday

Can I go ahead book/take the medical without receiving a letter from the embassy?
Yes. Keep in mind that your visa will be issued for 6 months validity from the date of the medical exam. So if you are having the medical a bit early, you won't have as much time after your visa interview to move.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
Yes. Keep in mind that your visa will be issued for 6 months validity from the date of the medical exam. So if you are having the medical a bit early, you won't have as much time after your visa interview to move.

Rene
I am ready to move across just need to pack my bags. I recently took voluntary redundancy from work and ready to move.

Will the items listed below need to be sent ahead with the completed forms or be taken to the interview:

1-Police Certificates
2-Birth Certificates
3- I-134
4- Evidence of relationship

As we were issued an RFE all the evidence I was planning on taking to the interview was submitted to Vermont, will I need to take the same evidence along with me?

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:46 pm

Will the items listed below need to be sent ahead with the completed forms or be taken to the interview:

1-Police Certificates
2-Birth Certificates
3- I-134
4- Evidence of relationship
Take them to the interview. You will need to take a photocopy of your police certificate to your medical exam.

As we were issued an RFE all the evidence I was planning on taking to the interview was submitted to Vermont, will I need to take the same evidence along with me?
Just a photocopy of it.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the advice

Sorry for another question I am sure there will be many more to come

Is there a way of finding out if the petition has been received by the consulate in London other than waiting for a letter in the post?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:00 pm

Thank you for the advice

Sorry for another question I am sure there will be many more to come

Is there a way of finding out if the petition has been received by the consulate in London other than waiting for a letter in the post?
NVC should send a letter stating they've forwarded the case.

One can try calling NVC to see if they've done this step, before receiving the letter. If NVC says they've done it, then you should get an email from the consulate with the next steps.

If you don't want to wait for the email, but you know NVC sent your case onwards, you can call the consulate, but it's costly and you won't be able to find out anything other than "yes, we've received your case".

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 16th 2013 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you

I think I will call NVC, once they confirm it has been sent then I will book my medical.
The GP in Knightsbridge advised not to do the medical too early as it would confuse things at the embassy if they got the results but no file from NVC. I am thinking of having a medical a week on monday should give it enough time from when the case number was assigned, I could be totally wrong?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:18 pm

I could be totally wrong?
Could be, since at the moment you have no idea how long it will take your case to get from NVC to the consulate. Not only how long it takes to arrive at the consulate, but then how long it takes someone there to log it in so you actually "show up" in the system.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:36 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I'd plan on at least 4 weeks from the time the petition is approved by USCIS until the consular section in London has it and is ready to proceed with it. And at least 2 weeks from the time that the NVC issues notice that it has received the approved petition and will forward it to the consular section (which could shorten or lengthen the initial 4-week estimate).

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
Could be, since at the moment you have no idea how long it will take your case to get from NVC to the consulate. Not only how long it takes to arrive at the consulate, but then how long it takes someone there to log it in so you actually "show up" in the system.

Rene
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

I received a letter on Friday from London advising me they now have my petition and next steps, 10 days after a case number was assigned.

They have advised to send in : DS 2001, 2* DS 156, DS 156K, 2* DS 157 and DS 230 PT1

STUPID QUESTION TIME:
On form DS-156 it says to attach photos (glue/staple). Shall I do this to both copies before sending in or hand them at the interview?

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:58 pm

I received a letter on Friday from London advising me they now have my petition and next steps, 10 days after a case number was assigned.

They have advised to send in : DS 2001, 2* DS 156, DS 156K, 2* DS 157 and DS 230 PT1

STUPID QUESTION TIME:
On form DS-156 it says to attach photos (glue/staple). Shall I do this to both copies before sending in or hand them at the interview?

Thanks
If you are supposed to send in all the forms ahead of your interview, I would put the photos in a plastic baggie and attach it to the DS-156. Go to the interview with 2 more photos just in case those got discarded for some reason.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.