Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Originally Posted by Stribs
It finally came around for you Cliff. Great news.

3 weeks away from flying over. Exciting times all round.
Just arrived back from Texas today after 3 weeks with my Fiancée, and she had 3 weeks with me over Christmas and new year I flew back with her.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
It finally came around for you Cliff. Great news.

3 weeks away from flying over. Exciting times all round.

Hi Stribs,

What documents did they eventually ask you for when you attended your interview two months ago after ?
Old Feb 6th 2015, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Fonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really nice

I wish you the absolute best, I really do and I'm sure she's a super girl.

But if you want my honest, heartfelt, sincere advice, your best chance at a long and happy marriage is to live in the UK, not the US.

I can't explain why, I just think it works better that way.

Either way, wishing you both the best
Old Feb 6th 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fonsini
I wish you the absolute best, I really do and I'm sure she's a super girl.

But if you want my honest, heartfelt, sincere advice, your best chance at a long and happy marriage is to live in the UK, not the US.

I can't explain why, I just think it works better that way.

Either way, wishing you both the best

Many Thanks,

Due to Financial Requirements and Family Status I apparently have to go over to US . . . personally in myself I would rather live here in the UK, my Fiancée' would rather live here in the UK too.

Also the way Government rules and regulations are changing throughout the UK in (All Ways) not just "immigration" , e.g. it was once cheaper to come to the UK but not Now, many Expats who planned to return home to the UK in the future did not expect these change and many are stuck, or families have had to break up unable to meet Financial Requirements . . . So it is hard to plan that the future in the UK will continue to "Remain the Better" place to live . . .

Last edited by cliff1961; Feb 6th 2015 at 7:33 am.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Fonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really niceFonsini is just really nice

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Many Thanks,

Due to Financial Requirements and Family Status I apparently have to go over to US . . . personally in myself I would rather live here in the UK, my Fiancée' would rather live here in the UK too.

Also the way Government rules and regulations are changing throughout the UK in (All Ways) not just "immigration" , e.g. it was once cheaper to come to the UK but not Now, many Expats who planned to return home to the UK in the future did not expect these change and many are stuck, or families have had to break up unable to meet Financial Requirements . . . So it is hard to plan that the future in the UK will continue to "Remain the Better" place to live . . .
I'm sure it has all changed since we did our paperwork back in the 1990s but I do recall us doing naughty things with passports to keep her visitors visa current, then after getting married we flew to New York for the Honeymoon and I processed her full residency visa in less than an hour at the British Consulate (Embassy ?) after presenting my own passport, proof I had a job, a house, a bank account etc etc and having the interview with a consular official. At the time the waiting period to process her paperwork in the UK was estimated at 9 months to a year and we were told that while it was legal for her to live in the UK during that period it was not legal for her to work. So after 3 days of sightseeing in New York we flew home with her new permanent resident visa and she started work 2 weeks later.

If the 2 of you really want to settle in the UK, there is ALWAYS a way around any rules or restrictions in my experience, that may not be a popular attitude with everyone, but sometimes in life you have to do what you have to do.

Good luck and I hope the 2 of you have a blissful marriage wherever that takes you.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

but I do recall us doing naughty things with passports to keep her visitors visa current,

If the 2 of you really want to settle in the UK, there is ALWAYS a way around any rules

Are you still hungry?

Keep going though, you continue to be entertaining.

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 8th 2015 at 7:10 am.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Attended my interview today with the US Embassy and without the proof of any

Photos,
Personal Letters,
Flight Tickets
Proof that we met in person

My Visa was "Approved" as I think it was more straight forward as we have known each other for 9 years and visit 2-3 times per year.

Only Documents required was:

DS160
Affidavit of support
Original birth certificate
Police Certificate
Proof of payment to the USCIS ( if not paid online can be paid at Embassy cashier)
2 X Photos

In my case as the US Embassy called later than Expired date of Petition I did require my letter of Intent.

10 weeks to sell my house and sell / clear all the contents.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Cliff...you're on the way
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Nice1 Cliff. Glad to see everyone making progress!
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Many Thanks Everyone !!
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where're ye headed?
Old Feb 9th 2015, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Where're ye headed?

Texas,
Just North of Dallas !
Old Feb 9th 2015, 9:04 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Texas,
Just North of Dallas !
Ooh, I'm about 20 minutes out of Dallas, headed towards Fort Worth
Old Feb 9th 2015, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Used to work out there...In Waxahachie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
At present my Fiancee' is living in Grapevine just north of DFW airport.
Been to Forts Worth several occassions . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.