Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Wikiposts

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:17 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Originally Posted by Stribs
Perfect! Thanks bunny. Arts and crafts for the wedding it is!
Good luck! If working is a priority then get your AOS paperwork in asap. My EAD has just come through in 6 weeks although obviously YMMV.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Good luck! If working is a priority then get your AOS paperwork in asap. My EAD has just come through in 6 weeks although obviously YMMV.
Great that it went so quick for you. Definitely now aware of the different time frames people get.

Wedding 25th April. Anything i need to prepare before then to have it all ready to go on the 27th (Mon)?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 3:05 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
Great that it went so quick for you. Definitely now aware of the different time frames people get.

Wedding 25th April. Anything i need to prepare before then to have it all ready to go on the 27th (Mon)?
Complete all the forms - I485, I131 and I765. Look at the evidence needed for each of those (copies of your I94, your passport bio page and your visa). Have your fiancée start to look at the I864. If she hasn't already she may want to look at filing her 2014 tax return as she'll have to send a copy of it with the I864.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Why are you even using an attorney? It doesn't sound like you need one. However, if you feel like you need some extra help please seek the opinion of another immigration attorney, one that knows what he's talking about

At the date February 2014 I first got the attorney involved as I was not sure what was involved in the coming months of forwarding my application and not sure if there was there was anything my Fiancée' may needed the help with ?
Obviously now I know there was nothing she needed help with and it was all related to me filing out forms etc. etc. which I handled no problem.

I have not arrived into the U.S yet and have only been getting information from my current attorney for future steps forward.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 4:23 am
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by cliff1961
At the date February 2014 I first got the attorney involved as I was not sure what was involved in the coming months of forwarding my application and not sure if there was there was anything my Fiancée' may needed the help with ?
Obviously now I know there was nothing she needed help with and it was all related to me filing out forms etc. etc. which I handled no problem.

I have not arrived into the U.S yet and have only been getting information from my current attorney for future steps forward.
That's fine, as long as you understand that he's given you wrong information. Read up the instructions for filing the I485, I131 and I765, you can always come back here with any questions
Old Mar 5th 2015, 5:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff1961
Your "future steps forward" do not include an I-130 petition. The attorney was wrong, which means his quote should have been $420 less than it was. As it is, you're paying him $1750 for a process that only costs $1070. If you subtract the I-130 fee (which should not be included), he's still making $260... which is probably a reasonable cost. Now... if only you could trust him not to make any more rookie mistakes!

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your "future steps forward" do not include an I-130 petition. The attorney was wrong, which means his quote should have been $420 less than it was. As it is, you're paying him $1750 for a process that only costs $1070. If you subtract the I-130 fee (which should not be included), he's still making $260... which is probably a reasonable cost. Now... if only you could trust him not to make any more rookie mistakes!

Ian

Yes I have brought this forward to my attorney which I did not intend to use as through the process of my application I was not happy they never kept in touch and prior to the interview question them on what files I need to complete etc. Even though I knew and already completed everything and prepared for my Interview I just wanted them to do something for their money, the answers was Ridiculous and told my Attorney:
( If I go by the advice you gave me in this email I would never have my visa approved )
Attorney replied: I only gave you a basic guide of what to bring !
I Replied: I have not paid you for a Basic Guide I paid you for the Full information !

Many documents left out and not even included the DS-160

So I had "No Intentions" to go back to them just gathering further information and making them do something for their money before I say Goodbye.

Forward the point of the I-130 to my Attorney and came back stating they have to do a little research and got back in touch and corrected their mistake,
( No you do not ! )

$1070 is the Filing fees for

I-485
I-131
I-765

Thank you . . . Bunny Girl and Ian for pointing this out to me !

Last edited by cliff1961; Mar 5th 2015 at 7:21 am.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS!

Were still a week away from the big day, and besides figuring out what gluten free people eat, all is in control.

So were going to get our paperwork in order to have ready to post away the Monday after our wedding. I've printed them all off and and currently doing some trial runs, a couple of queries that are stumping me....

- What is my USCIS Status? I feel i'm in some grey area that doesn't have a title.

I-131 Travel document - What if I don't have a trip planned right now. Do I make one up?

That is all.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Status, you can just put K-1.

Travel, you can either make something up or put "unknown".

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2015, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

What does the parole thing allow? Do you need to apply for a new parole each time you want to leave?

Just calling a doctors who are telling me I need to have TB and syphallis in the US and have a physical. I stated all I need is my vaccinations confirmed but they were having none of it. Has there been an update on this?

After asking me what is my USIC status, then says when does it expire. The visa in my passport says 16th April, but im assuming thats when I needed to enter the country. What date should I put in there?

Last edited by Stribs; Apr 30th 2015 at 4:40 am.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 4:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. AP allows you to travel outside the USA and return, without abandoning your AOS process. Once issued, it will be valid for 1 year. If you choose "multiple entry", then you can travel as much as you want within that year. Your AOS shouldn't take so long that you'd need to apply for a new AP.

2. It's very common for civil surgeons not to understand the requirements for the vaccination verification needed for a K-1 AOS. I finally just made appt, went in person, and convinced the doc that s while new exam was NOT required. So yes, it's a headache.

3. Your status expires the day your I-94 expires (90 days after entering on the K-1).

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 30th 2015 at 4:52 am.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Noorah. I just told them i'm turning up at 2pm tomorrow and hopefully the forms will explain better. (Although she was still adamant she would not be able to do this, could be a hard sale)

onto the next form!! Working my way through the wiki page.

Last edited by Stribs; Apr 30th 2015 at 5:17 am.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:25 am

Yeah, the receptionists have no clue. Once you speak to the doctor, he might understand more what you need.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

What is the correct response for my wife who is above the poverty line?
Attached Thumbnails American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....-picture-12.png  
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:38 am

1a

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.