Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Wikiposts

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Originally Posted by Michael
Sorry to hear about the hassle.

It might be that Knightsbridge doctors are interpreting INA §212(a)(1)(A)(iii) more narrowly than was intended. I suspect they aren't concerned about the tumor per se but want to make sure that your Epilepsy won't pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others. If they interpret it that narrowly, then someone with a bad leg, heard of hearing, bad eyesight, or even being old could possibly be considered inadmissible.

INA §212(a)(1)(A)

I totally agree that they are taking into consideration whether my reaction in a
seizure would be a threat to anyone especially if they only took my word for it.
But having a letter from the neurologist himself personally written to them stating they are under control ( What is the matter with them ) ??

As I explained to the doctor there is a lack of knowledge where some people are concerned and they think if you suffer with a seizure everyone is out cold on the floor having a "Funny Session" LOL . . .

But unfortunately thinking like that is wrong and that is only one kind of 40 different seizures, as explained a Simple partial seizure you may not even notice anything wrong with the person while they suffer one, that is what I suffer.

Personally I think it all boiled down to a lack of knowledge of Epilepsy by the doctor at Knightsbridge not knowing the symptoms of a "Simple Partial" seizure.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Sorry to hear about the hassle.

It might be that Knightsbridge doctors are interpreting INA §212(a)(1)(A)(iii) more narrowly than was intended. I suspect they aren't concerned about the tumor per se but want to make sure that your Epilepsy won't pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others. If they interpret it that narrowly, then someone with a bad leg, heard of hearing, bad eyesight, or even being old could possibly be considered inadmissible.

INA §212(a)(1)(A)

I believe what you stated is what they are focusing on but getting carried away and looking deeper than required, but common sense should tell them a big thing . . .

I am 53 years of age looking at the police certificate never had any trouble with the law so that should tell them I have never been a threat to anyone . . .
In my relationship for 9 years I Guarantee if my health was that bad and was a threat to anyone, my relationship would have been hard to create in the first place and never have led to an Engagement.

Last edited by cliff1961; Nov 22nd 2014 at 10:12 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
Congratulations, you must be relieved
Thanks, it sure is a relief. Now just waiting for passport to be returned. Its been since the 13th so hoping it comes soon before the panic starts creeping in.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

After your medical at Knightsbridge Doctors I believe it is just a meatter of time waiting for the US Embassy to contact you with the date of the interview they have scheduled ?

Correct !
Old Dec 27th 2014, 7:34 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff1961
After your medical at Knightsbridge Doctors I believe it is just a meatter of time waiting for the US Embassy to contact you with the date of the interview they have scheduled ?

Correct !
The US Consulate, yes, assuming you've sent in both your DS260 and your online Notification of Readiness form...
Old Dec 27th 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
The US Consulate, yes, assuming you've sent in both your DS260 and your online Notification of Readiness form...

Hi,

I had submitted my DS160 online but not DS260 !
Old Dec 27th 2014, 9:20 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I had submitted my DS160 online but not DS260 !
Apologies, that was a typo, I meant DS160.

If you've submitted all that then you just wait for a letter from the Consulate. That can take up to 6 weeks so don't panic if you don't hear anything straight away.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Apologies, that was a typo, I meant DS160.

If you've submitted all that then you just wait for a letter from the Consulate. That can take up to 6 weeks so don't panic if you don't hear anything straight away.

That is what I had been waiting for 5 weeks and just received a letter from the US Embassy in London stating they had not heard from me and wish me to contact them within 6 weeks.

Phoned the US Embassy and stated I am just waiting for my appointment for my interview and during this process I received a letter from you stating you were waiting to hear from me ???

Asked to visit their website for contact details as I had to contact the consular and on their website will be contact details, one phone number which they provide was what I just phoned to speak to this person.

Called again options schedule appointment related to your visa, non Immigrant, once got through to reception they replied it has nothing to do with them you have to speak to contact USCIS.

Frustrating that no one will give you a contact details of the US Consular and not even on their letter they posted to me.

wait until tomorrow and phone the USCIS which I know the answer will be "nothing to do with us" !

Last edited by cliff1961; Dec 27th 2014 at 9:40 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 12:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Called again options schedule appointment related to your visa, non Immigrant...
If you're pursuing a K-1 visa, call again and schedule for an immigrant visa.. which is how the K-1 is treated.

Ian
Old Dec 29th 2014, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Contacted them by phone was directed to use their online query form

http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Received my reply today and being mislaid was my
(Notification of Applicant Readiness Form)

Notification of Applicant Readiness - Form | Embassy of the United States
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Have my Interview with US Embassy on Monday 9th February 2015
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:31 am
Hoppity hop...

Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2015, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Many Thanks, hopefully there should be no problem as we have both known each other for 9 years, we have both met in person approx. 24 times . . . already purchased wedding rings . . .

If all goes well I shall become a neighbour of one of our members on British Expats Nigel living approx. 20 minutes away.

keep you updated !
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

It finally came around for you Cliff. Great news.

3 weeks away from flying over. Exciting times all round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.