Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Wikiposts

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:43 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Originally Posted by Stribs
I only had the medical today, when mentioned about the big M i was made to have a urine test (which I'd say Im very confident not having an issue)

Would i expect to hear something in the next few days if issues with this?
I don't think you find out the outcome until your interview, sorry.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

I understand every case is different, but whats the average time after having medical of receiving something through the post to let me know my interview date.

She said 6 weeks at the medical but people have had it in 4.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 10:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand every case is different, but whats the average time after having medical of receiving something through the post to let me know my interview date.

She said 6 weeks at the medical but people have had it in 4.
The date of the interview is not dependent only on the date of the medical. It's dependent on the embassy receiving your medical results AND you submitting the readiness form and the DS-160 online.

There should be a thread on here showing K-1 visa timelines, that might give you an idea.

Off the top of my head, from the time you submit everything to the embassy until the time you get notice of your interview date, I'd say 4 to 6 weeks, with an interview date about 4 to 6 weeks later.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Ds 160 and readiness complete.

The wait begins again.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Interview date confirmed 2 weeks today. How exciting!

Last edited by Stribs; Oct 30th 2014 at 10:15 am.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

Interview date confirmed 2 weeks today. How exciting!
Looking good for you, well done
Old Nov 1st 2014, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

I really want someone to tell me it is not simple to pay your visa fee!

I'm just going around in circles. I go to http://london.embassy.gov/immigrant-...interview.html

Where does it say please pay here and I put my bank details in. I type in google how to pay k1 fees... no clear instructions.

If anyone can take 2 minutes to explain the process of paying the $260 fee.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:46 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I really want someone to tell me it is not simple to pay your visa fee!

I'm just going around in circles. I go to http://london.embassy.gov/immigrant-...interview.html

Where does it say please pay here and I put my bank details in. I type in google how to pay k1 fees... no clear instructions.

If anyone can take 2 minutes to explain the process of paying the $260 fee.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It's $265 and the link to pay is in your letter, or just look on the London embassy website:

Visa Fees | Embassy of the United States
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bunnie.

As i feared everyone else was finding this an easy task.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

I swear i have filled out forms before... but i am on the immigrant applicant page. I've filled in everything and its asking me what visa type. There is no k1 option. I cant see what i can do differently?

I cant see where Im going so wrong? Any help for immigration for dummies.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 6:51 am
Hoppity hop...

I swear i have filled out forms before... but i am on the immigrant applicant page. I've filled in everything and its asking me what visa type. There is no k1 option. I cant see what i can do differently?

I cant see where Im going so wrong? Any help for immigration for dummies.
Are you absolutely sure you're on immigrant and not non-immigrant - there's definitely a K1 option...
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

I am on the green page for immigrant.... then when i sign in it takes me to the purple non immigrant?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Are you absolutely sure you're on immigrant and not non-immigrant - there's definitely a K1 option...
Confirmed no. I had not registered as immigrant but non immigrant. I apologise for wasting your time and anyone else who got annoyed shouting "hes definitely registered as non immigrant".
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:09 am
Hoppity hop...

I am on the green page for immigrant.... then when i sign in it takes me to the purple non immigrant?
I have no idea what you've done!

I've just clicked on the green immigrant option, signed in and I'm still in the green immigrant section!

Have you inputted any details yet? Can you create a new account?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

I had registered under non immigrant but as there was no k1 visa option did not get far.

Regegged immigrant. So simple. Apologies for my struggles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.