Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Wikiposts

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

I applied for a subject access form before knowing it was the wrong form. It has come back with a "penalty notice" on it. It clearly states "non conviction".

Would you imagine this would show up on the police certificate? Is this discussed at the interview?

Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2014, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

At what stage do i need to let the embassy know we have not abandoned the visa. I submitted ds160 2 weeks ago and waiting for my police cert. Until i can book my medical.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
At what stage do i need to let the embassy know we have not abandoned the visa. I submitted ds160 2 weeks ago and waiting for my police cert. Until i can book my medical.

Once you receive your police certificate, you can then go ahead and book your medical, once you have had your medical give it 4-5 days and the results of your blood tests will be forwarded to the US Embassy so they will know you have not abandoned the application for the visa.

You must have had 4 months before it expired if you have not had your medical in the period of the expired date then you may be asking for problems . . .
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

At what stage do i need to let the embassy know we have not abandoned the visa.
I would say when it gets close to the I-129F expiration date.

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff1961
You must have had 4 months before it expired if you have not had your medical in the period of the expired date then you may be asking for problems . . .
I don't think that will be a problem.

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

My priority date was 1st Aug. Its likely i will go over the 1st Nov. But have a letter of intent to marry from my fiancee and will contact them if it gets close to the date. Should have my police certicate this week. Medical the following week.

Lets see how that works out!
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:05 am

My priority date was 1st Aug. Its likely i will go over the 1st Nov.
The I-129F approval date was August 1, you mean? If that's the case, it should be valid until December 1 (4 months).

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

At what stage do i need to let the embassy know we have not abandoned the visa.
You have one full year, at each stage of the process, to respond. At that time, they will summarily close your case file. Until close to a year has passed since you last communicated with them, you don't need to inform them that you've not abandoned the visa. They will simply wait patiently until you next contact them.

submitted ds160 2 weeks ago and waiting for my police cert. Until i can book my medical.
If this is the case, I'm not sure why you believe you need to inform them of anything!

My priority date was 1st Aug. Its likely i will go over the 1st Nov. But have a letter of intent to marry from my fiancee and will contact them if it gets close to the date.
I honestly don't understand your concern. You are not, and have never been, obligated to respond to them ASAP. If you get close to the 4 month mark, the officer will simply continue your application. You do not need to inform them that you are continuing, in fact, you are continuing with the process.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Could i ask some very kind soul to let me know the checklist of what i need my (american) fiancee to send over

To confirm:

I346353 form (affidavit) + supporting documents.
All copies of original i129f sent
Intent to marry in case time frames don't work.

That seems about it. Does this seem everything?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:53 am

Could i ask some very kind soul to let me know the checklist of what i need my (american) fiancee to send over

To confirm:

I346353 form (affidavit) + supporting documents.
All copies of original i129f sent
Intent to marry in case time frames don't work.

That seems about it. Does this seem everything?
As long as "supporting documents" includes most recent tax return, yes.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

I feel everyone loves a good medical report to see how they vary (I know I do)

Will keep mine simple.

- appointment was for 9.10. Arrived at the doctors reasonably nervous, at 8.50, gave all my documents requested to the receptionist and was given another questionnaire that had a list of yes/no to all diseases in the world. Handed this back and sat again in the comfy waiting room.

- 10 minutes and my name was called by a stern Australian woman who took.me to a little room for my chest X-Ray. There was already an image of the previous persons on her screen so noted for comparison. 3 attempts later with my top off she got one. She gave me no indication whether it was good or not, I was too scared to ask.

- Back in the waiting room once more, another 10 minutes and a lovely Kiwi doctors takes me into the main office for my medical. All standard to begin with. Height, weight, sight. Then the shirt and trousers were off and laying on the bed. Blood was taken, blood pressure and a check of the heart and pulses (there's a lot around your body). A quick moment of the boxers down, all is well then back on. Pretty harmless.

- Sat down and the drug questions started. She came right out with have you ever smoked marijuana. I seem to only be able to tell the truth and blurted yes when in was 18. Which was the truth. I have no idea what she asked me after that cause all I was thinking is I've just ruined everything. With that one statement came a further urine test and a few more pennies on the bill, sigh.

Besides my fear of my one moment of wildness as an 18 yr old (it really was once, hated it) ruining everything, was a very smooTh pain free experience. Now the dreaded wait to hear ........ nothing.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:25 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

- Sat down and the drug questions started. She came right out with have you ever smoked marijuana. I seem to only be able to tell the truth and blurted yes when in was 18.
Personally, If I were you, I would say no. It's none of their business. They also can't prove it.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Personally, If I were you, I would say no. It's none of their business. They also can't prove it.
I agree, unfortunately the deed is done.

Has such truth been spoken before? Are there repercussions?
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:51 am

I agree, unfortunately the deed is done.

Has such truth been spoken before? Are there repercussions?
Yes, the truth should always be spoken, even though HH disagrees. Since you were not told to follow up in any way, my guess is that this is a non-issue.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, the truth should always be spoken, even though HH disagrees. Since you were not told to follow up in any way, my guess is that this is a non-issue.

Rene
I only had the medical today, when mentioned about the big M i was made to have a urine test (which I'd say Im very confident not having an issue)

Would i expect to hear something in the next few days if issues with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.