Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
This is Zoey Ball
http://fiberarts.typepad.com/.a/6a00...eb2428a4-popup

This on the other hand is ZOE Ball
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...zoeball_pa.jpg

Apologies in triplicate please
Sorry Mandy - I meant Zoe Ball.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkling_gal
Sorry Mandy - I meant Zoe Ball.
irrespective of what position it is - its now not a goer.

If we applied for spousal sponsorship, I have to apply inland - and the processing times are 6 months to aip (at which stage I would get a work permit all things going well) - so I could in theory work until the end of May then would be needing 4 months off

If we apply outland I have to transfer the remainder of my TOWP to visitor, as I found out yesterday you can't apply outland unless you are nothing more than a visitor to Canada (which means I can't work full stop till things are sorted).

Finances are tighter than tight at the minute so I have to work

So its back to option 1 - find that elusive job with the lmo.

aaah well onwards and upwards
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

If we applied for spousal sponsorship, I have to apply inland - and the processing times are 6 months to aip (at which stage I would get a work permit all things going well) - so I could in theory work until the end of May then would be needing 4 months off

If we apply outland I have to transfer the remainder of my TOWP to visitor, as I found out yesterday you can't apply outland unless you are nothing more than a visitor to Canada (which means I can't work full stop till things are sorted).

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this!

I really hope that things pick up for you soon. Everything is crossed for a job coming your way.....:fingerscr ossed:

hugs
xx
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:13 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just had an email from Drum FM, saying thanks, we enjoyed our chat - but you don't live in Drumheller and you need to be an active community member blah blah blah so we can't offer you the position.

Kind of a moot point now given the above re work permits etc, but it would've saved me a trip had they discounted me because of this right from the beginning, seems like an excuse for saying sorry no you're not what we wanted

Ah well, shit happens - anyone got a cafe they want staffed!!!(lmo a must!!!)
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:30 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job at Drum FM. I have my fingers, toes and now my eyes crossed for you that something turns up for you soon.

Good luck!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:46 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Just had an email from Drum FM, saying thanks, we enjoyed our chat - but you don't live in Drumheller and you need to be an active community member blah blah blah so we can't offer you the position.

Kind of a moot point now given the above re work permits etc, but it would've saved me a trip had they discounted me because of this right from the beginning, seems like an excuse for saying sorry no you're not what we wanted

Ah well, shit happens - anyone got a cafe they want staffed!!!(lmo a must!!!)
oh bum oles!!!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

I'm here in Canada on a TWP and I have just applied outland for spousal sponsorship. I think lots of people on here have done that as it is far quicker.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
I'm here in Canada on a TWP and I have just applied outland for spousal sponsorship. I think lots of people on here have done that as it is far quicker.
When I spoke to Paul on Tuesday he said that as I am here on a twp, I couldn't apply outland until I was only a visitor in Canada, so the first step would be to apply to change my conditions of stay to that of a visitor prior to the outland route.

Believe me if that were true that I can apply outland and still keep my twp then we would do that.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

When I spoke to Paul on Tuesday he said that as I am here on a twp, I couldn't apply outland until I was only a visitor in Canada, so the first step would be to apply to change my conditions of stay to that of a visitor prior to the outland route.

Believe me if that were true that I can apply outland and still keep my twp then we would do that.
I'd check on this if I were you. Lots of people on here have done it this way.....there are a few threads in the immigration section...i'll see if I can drag them up for you. I have a TWP (for two years from Timmies) and I have recieved a letter saying that my OH has been approved to be my sponsor and that my application has now been forwarded to London.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:02 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

what a bunch of bollocks. they could have saved you the bloody trip.
something comes up soon!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Poo !
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Have thought of starting your own radio station? I think you can start by doing it over the internet without much trouble.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Oink
Have thought of starting your own radio station? I think you can start by doing it over the internet without much trouble.
lol on dial up the feed may be sporadic to say the least!!!!!

In an ideal world I would like to do my art / portraits full time but i'm crap at marketing