Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:23 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Originally Posted by kiwi dawn
So sorry to hear your news....talk about one step forward and fourty thousand back . Will keep everything crossed for your job interview and send you some of my good kiwi luck x x x x big hugs x x x
Hey Dawn you found BE Everyone meet Dawn, we went to school together and were part of a group of 8 of us that hung out all the way through seniors!!!!!

Reunited via facebook to find she emigrated to NZ last year - so obviously she needed to be introduced here

Thanks for the wishes, lol like I said wouldn't change a thing - hell it gives you all something to read if nothing else
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:10 pm
:)

pthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Thanks all, sometimes I don't know whether to be up or down seriously.

For anyone who's interested - heres a list of the ups and downs

Nov 2007 - move to Canada with Ex - YAY

Nov 2007 - get a job at the local rag - YAY

Dec 2007 - have to leave local rag as landlords dad owns rival newspaper and he gets the ump - BOO

Jan 2008 - get job at BMO - YAY

Jan 2008 - get new rental - YAY

April 2008 - Mr MMC hates his job and moves to Rocky mountain house, I stay in Drum til I find a job there - BOO

May 2008 - extension to LMO and TWP for Mr MMC and SOWP for me granted to May 2010 - YAY

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides to end the relationship on the day I fly back to Canada after being in England to pick my daughter up for a visit, and buggers off into the sunset leaving me with pretty much f** all - BOO

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides he will still 'sponsor me' so I can stay in Canada after all it was his idea to come here - YAY

August 2008 - meet the new o/h (lets call him Duck!) YAY

October 2008 - write off truck after hitting deer on way to visit Duck - BOO

October 2008 - Ducks parents give me a car to use - YAY

November 2008 - Landlord visits me at work to tell me he's selling the house - BOO

November 2008 - Duck asks me to move in with him - YAY have to leave BMO BOO

Dec 2008 - get offered job at GM in Stettler - YAY

Jan 2009 - move in with Duck - YAY

Feb 2009 - demolish gas station driving away from pump with it still attached - BOO

July 2009 - I get a horse - YAY

June 2009 - get some calves - YAY

August 2009 - horse turns out to be a little shit and goes to auction after rendering me motionless for 2 days - BOO

September 2009 - Elvis (my cat) gets run over - BOO

October 2009 - ex Mr MMC decides he's not going to carry on the pretence of the relationship so therefore I can't apply for pr - BOO

October 2009 - I/C advises I qualify under Canadian experience class - YAY

October 2009 - I get fired from GM - BOO, above no longer applies - BOO

Nov / Dec 2009 - job hunt not going well time running out as I need a company with an LMO to continue working here - BOO

Dec 2009 - don't have enough paperwork to support common law sponsorship - BOO

Dec 2009 - Ducks Grandpa dies - BOO

Jan 2010 - Duck decides we should get wed at the end of Feb - YAY

Jan 2010 - poorly calf finally dies after 2 weeks of being mothered - BOO

Jan 2010 - we get our puppy - YAY

Jan 2010 - I get an interview at Drum FM - YAY

Jan 2010 - Duck gets laid off - BOO

Summary, I wouldn't change a thing - though I would as I said earlier like an easier ride of it from here on in please. An amazing o/h, wonderful friends and you guys have pretty much saved me from giving it all in at times
No-one should have to go through that kind of stuff longterm.....good luck and lots of it!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Good luck, hope it goes well for you You certainly deserve a bit of luck after all you've been through, lets hope it's plain sailing from now on.

Last edited by tracys; Jan 22nd 2010 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Nov 2007 - move to Canada with Ex - YAY

Nov 2007 - get a job at the local rag - YAY

Dec 2007 - have to leave local rag as landlords dad owns rival newspaper and he gets the ump - BOO

Jan 2008 - get job at BMO - YAY

Jan 2008 - get new rental - YAY

April 2008 - Mr MMC hates his job and moves to Rocky mountain house, I stay in Drum til I find a job there - BOO

May 2008 - extension to LMO and TWP for Mr MMC and SOWP for me granted to May 2010 - YAY

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides to end the relationship on the day I fly back to Canada after being in England to pick my daughter up for a visit, and buggers off into the sunset leaving me with pretty much f** all - BOO

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides he will still 'sponsor me' so I can stay in Canada after all it was his idea to come here - YAY

August 2008 - meet the new o/h (lets call him Duck!) YAY

October 2008 - write off truck after hitting deer on way to visit Duck - BOO

October 2008 - Ducks parents give me a car to use - YAY

November 2008 - Landlord visits me at work to tell me he's selling the house - BOO

November 2008 - Duck asks me to move in with him - YAY have to leave BMO BOO

Dec 2008 - get offered job at GM in Stettler - YAY

Jan 2009 - move in with Duck - YAY

Feb 2009 - demolish gas station driving away from pump with it still attached - BOO

July 2009 - I get a horse - YAY

June 2009 - get some calves - YAY

August 2009 - horse turns out to be a little shit and goes to auction after rendering me motionless for 2 days - BOO

September 2009 - Elvis (my cat) gets run over - BOO

October 2009 - ex Mr MMC decides he's not going to carry on the pretence of the relationship so therefore I can't apply for pr - BOO

October 2009 - I/C advises I qualify under Canadian experience class - YAY

October 2009 - I get fired from GM - BOO, above no longer applies - BOO

Nov / Dec 2009 - job hunt not going well time running out as I need a company with an LMO to continue working here - BOO

Dec 2009 - don't have enough paperwork to support common law sponsorship - BOO

Dec 2009 - Ducks Grandpa dies - BOO

Jan 2010 - poorly calf finally dies after 2 weeks of being mothered - BOO

Jan 2010 - we get our puppy - YAY

Jan 2010 - I get an interview at Drum FM - YAY

Jan 2010 - Duck gets laid off - BOO

Summary, I wouldn't change a thing - though I would as I said earlier like an easier ride of it from here on in please. An amazing o/h, wonderful friends and you guys have pretty much saved me from giving it all in at times
That's some resume.

Your determination and resilience is amazing.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. I don't even want think about writing my tale of Canada down....

Seriously, you deserve some fabulous luck to come your way and I hope it is just over the horizon for you.

Good luck Monday x
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:09 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I missed this announcement...... Congrats to Mr Duck and the Swan.

Hey Dawn you found BE Everyone meet Dawn, we went to school together and were part of a group of 8 of us that hung out all the way through seniors!!!!!
Hi Dawn. Hope you have lots of fun here.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:31 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

You are a true Brit, indomitable to the last breath.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

nope Mich - its the post above thatone about Duck being laid off
Sorry to hear about Duck hun hope it sorts out soon eh xx
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:17 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Reunited via facebook to find she emigrated to NZ last year - so obviously she needed to be introduced here

Thanks for the wishes, lol like I said wouldn't change a thing - hell it gives you all something to read if nothing else
Hi Dawn, welcome to the madhouse....
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:28 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Nov 2007 - move to Canada

[shedloads of other stuff happens in between]

Bloody Hell, woman, you should write a book. Nobody would believe it wasn't completely fictional, though...
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:14 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

How did the interview go, Smashey (or are you Nicey)?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

You have been through the mill Mandy but at least you've kept trying and I've never heard you blame Canada for your problems on here - unlike many people.

I hope you get the radio job - it sounds fab. You could be Alberta's Zoey Ball.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:50 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkling_gal
You could be Alberta's Zoey Ball.
This is Zoey Ball
http://fiberarts.typepad.com/.a/6a00...eb2428a4-popup

This on the other hand is ZOE Ball
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...zoeball_pa.jpg

Apologies in triplicate please
Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:24 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkling_gal
You have been through the mill Mandy but at least you've kept trying and I've never heard you blame Canada for your problems on here - unlike many people.

I hope you get the radio job - it sounds fab. You could be Alberta's Zoey Ball.
aw thanks, though it's not Canada fault my taste in some men is questionable, my driving abilities suck, the economy is a bit shitty, and unfortunately animals die.

Life happens wherever you live - its how you deal with what it throws at you
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:29 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

aw thanks, though it's not Canada fault my taste in some men is questionable, my driving abilities suck, the economy is a bit shitty, and unfortunately animals die.

Life happens wherever you live - its how you deal with what it throws at you
Really?
I wouldnt go THAT far
shame some posters wont (at least in a cyber sense)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.