Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:17 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
nope Mich - its the post above thatone about Duck being laid off
Bummer news Mandy, hope things turn round soon. Good luck for Monday.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:24 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh FFS, this is so unfair, one step forward, and two back.
{{{Hugs}}}

Charlie xx
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief MMC - what the heck is going on with your aura and karma these days?!

We're all sending so many good BE vibes to you these days, maybe we've overdone it and the wires have got crossed on the "good" luck bit ....
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:12 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sending good Karma your way (I hope). You'll be great at your interview, I've never met you but your personality just shines through so I think you'll do fine.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:24 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Good luck for next week too
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:58 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Mands that ****ing sucks the FAT one. I'd like to say I can imagine how D feels but I cant even begin to (ok I can just about begin to having been a vaguely similar position). You know 'we' are always here on BE, in PMs and at the end of the phone.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:59 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, sometimes I don't know whether to be up or down seriously.

For anyone who's interested - heres a list of the ups and downs

Nov 2007 - move to Canada with Ex - YAY

Nov 2007 - get a job at the local rag - YAY

Dec 2007 - have to leave local rag as landlords dad owns rival newspaper and he gets the ump - BOO

Jan 2008 - get job at BMO - YAY

Jan 2008 - get new rental - YAY

April 2008 - Mr MMC hates his job and moves to Rocky mountain house, I stay in Drum til I find a job there - BOO

May 2008 - extension to LMO and TWP for Mr MMC and SOWP for me granted to May 2010 - YAY

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides to end the relationship on the day I fly back to Canada after being in England to pick my daughter up for a visit, and buggers off into the sunset leaving me with pretty much f** all - BOO

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides he will still 'sponsor me' so I can stay in Canada after all it was his idea to come here - YAY

August 2008 - meet the new o/h (lets call him Duck!) YAY

October 2008 - write off truck after hitting deer on way to visit Duck - BOO

October 2008 - Ducks parents give me a car to use - YAY

November 2008 - Landlord visits me at work to tell me he's selling the house - BOO

November 2008 - Duck asks me to move in with him - YAY have to leave BMO BOO

Dec 2008 - get offered job at GM in Stettler - YAY

Jan 2009 - move in with Duck - YAY

Feb 2009 - demolish gas station driving away from pump with it still attached - BOO

July 2009 - I get a horse - YAY

June 2009 - get some calves - YAY

August 2009 - horse turns out to be a little shit and goes to auction after rendering me motionless for 2 days - BOO

September 2009 - Elvis (my cat) gets run over - BOO

October 2009 - ex Mr MMC decides he's not going to carry on the pretence of the relationship so therefore I can't apply for pr - BOO

October 2009 - I/C advises I qualify under Canadian experience class - YAY

October 2009 - I get fired from GM - BOO, above no longer applies - BOO

Nov / Dec 2009 - job hunt not going well time running out as I need a company with an LMO to continue working here - BOO

Dec 2009 - don't have enough paperwork to support common law sponsorship - BOO

Dec 2009 - Ducks Grandpa dies - BOO

Jan 2010 - Duck decides we should get wed at the end of Feb - YAY

Jan 2010 - poorly calf finally dies after 2 weeks of being mothered - BOO

Jan 2010 - we get our puppy - YAY

Jan 2010 - I get an interview at Drum FM - YAY

Jan 2010 - Duck gets laid off - BOO

Summary, I wouldn't change a thing - though I would as I said earlier like an easier ride of it from here on in please. An amazing o/h, wonderful friends and you guys have pretty much saved me from giving it all in at times

Last edited by mandymoochops; Jan 22nd 2010 at 5:01 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:03 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Dec 2007 - have to leave local rag as landlords dad owns rival newspaper and he gets the ump - BOO

April 2008 - Mr MMC hates his job and moves to Rocky mountain house, I stay in Drum til I find a job there - BOO

May 2008 - extension to LMO and TWP for Mr MMC and SOWP for me granted to May 2010 - YAY

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides to end the relationship on the day I fly back to Canada after being in England to pick my daughter up for a visit, and buggers off into the sunset leaving me with pretty much f** all - BOO

June 2008 - Mr MMC decides he will still 'sponsor me' so I can stay in Canada after all it was his idea to come here - YAY

November 2008 - Landlord visits me at work to tell me he's selling the house - BOO

Feb 2009 - demolish gas station driving away from pump with it still attached - BOO

August 2009 - horse turns out to be a little shit and goes to auction after rendering me motionless for 2 days - BOO

October 2009 - ex Mr MMC decides he's not going to carry on the pretence of the relationship so therefore I can't apply for pr - BOO

Nov / Dec 2009 - job hunt not going well time running out as I need a company with an LMO to continue working here - BOO

Summary, I wouldn't change a thing - though I would as I said earlier like an easier ride of it from here on in please. An amazing o/h, wonderful friends and you guys have pretty much saved me from giving it all in at times
You forgot June 2008 meet 4bells and Purple YAY

Sept 2008 meet Butch YAY

Oct 2008 Meet RICH YAY YAY
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
You forgot June 2008 meet 4bells and Purple YAY

Sept 2008 meet Butch YAY

Oct 2008 Meet RICH YAY YAY
Oh yes and

August 2008 meet PiffPoff - YAY

Sept 2008 - meet Littletashy and Sewing Susan - YAY

July 2009 meet Cassie1000 and some others whose bloody usernames I forget at the meet up - YAY

August 2009 - meet Newshoney - YAY

December 2009 - meet Rae - YAY
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:32 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who's interested - heres a list of the ups and downs...
....that reads like a plot-line from "The Archers"!

..you know, but with like visas and stuff, oh, you know what I mean.

Last edited by bsmith; Jan 22nd 2010 at 7:07 am. Reason: ;)
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm exhausted just reading that!! Really hope things turn around for you soon Mandy, you need a rest!! xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:51 am
Just Joined

kiwi dawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Wow - the dogs brought me luck - guess what??

So sorry to hear your news....talk about one step forward and fourty thousand back . Will keep everything crossed for your job interview and send you some of my good kiwi luck x x x x big hugs x x x
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Gosh, you really have had a time of it!!! The very best of luck for Monday and a smoother ride from now on.

Mel.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:10 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the interview Mandy! Sucks about D being laid off, hope he can find something soon
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

The very best of luck for your interview on Monday and fingers crossed that things will start to pick up for you both from now on!!
Good luck!!!
xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.