Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you forgive an affair?...............

Originally Posted by Zhanna
Forgiving is a beautiful act and comes easy to many people, making them feel better within themselves and appear gracious to the others. Forgetting, on the other hand, is something that very few can do voluntarily, especially as there is no noble status attached to it... Remembering can be ugly, and this seems to be the main killer in the majority of post-infidelity relationships...
As for 100% trusting your partner... I think that it is a sweet utopia - just like when my forefathers in the beginning of the 20th century thought they could build a country where everyone would be equal - it's simply against human nature. There is no way to predict all the circumstances and moods of the future, changes within yourself and your other half, just as it is impossible to know if at some point there will be all the components present for a perfect storm one day, and your house will or will not be in the middle of it. All I can do is hope and pray that my home is strong enough...
Great post.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Lifted this from the Dingo forum - interesting - discuss....................
As a child from a relationship where extra marital affairs were rife, no I would not have an affair myself or forgive it. I have experienced the devastation it causes and would never inflict that pain on someone else or there family.

.......if my eye was going to stray, I would make sure I was free to do just that....
Old Apr 11th 2010, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Surely a lot would depend on whether the offender admitted to it first, or just got caught doing it. Either way, taking such liberties on a relationship is a really bad sign. There can't be many relationships where this happens, is forgiven and then there's no repercussions.

I would not forgive unless I genuinely felt in my heart that I'd done something to actually cause it.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you agree to be in a relationship with someone, and you cheat, then you've effectively violated the most intimate agreement between two human beings. That being said, if the person really means everything and are exceptional, then it wouldn't be that easy to just end it. Believing that you could find anyone that special again would be extremely difficult. So I think this is a very open and difficult question to answer since there are so many variables.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Yes I agree with what you have said....but hand on heart, does anyone ever get over the betrayal....is the relationship ever going to be the same again?
It is all to do with Love and Trust......May Love, but find it very hard to Trust again.....as you say a hard one!
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I think if you agree to be in a relationship with someone, and you cheat, then you've effectively violated the most intimate agreement between two human beings. That being said, if the person really means everything and are exceptional, then it wouldn't be that easy to just end it. Believing that you could find anyone that special again would be extremely difficult. So I think this is a very open and difficult question to answer since there are so many variables.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:29 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
HI
Yes I agree with what you have said....but hand on heart, does anyone ever get over the betrayal....is the relationship ever going to be the same again?
It is all to do with Love and Trust......May Love, but find it very hard to Trust again.....as you say a hard one!
lol
Stef
I think it's also a matter of which is cheaper. A divorce lawyer, or another credit card for her to spend.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, that was a bit below the belt...lol.....
Stef

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I think it's also a matter of which is cheaper. A divorce lawyer, or another credit card for her to spend.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, that was a bit below the belt...lol.....
Stef
Isn't that what usually causes an affair.......