Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:52 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you forgive an affair?...............

Funny but most people who posted in this thread have prob been cheated on and don't know.

tee-hee-hee.

Life's funny.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:55 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Most men (that I know) would be perfectly fine with having some attractive woman bent over the desk, table, car etc and the whole thing be over with in less than 30 minutes from hello to goodbye.
30 minutes! What do you do for the other 28?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:59 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
I dunno Doll, I would have to know the details of the situation. I couldn't make a set of rules in stone for something with many complex possibilities and outcomes. If it was just sex with some random person, meh, I would probably get over it and it would give me a good excuse to shag someone else. Let's face it, sex with someone else doesn't mean that you don't love the person you are with or that you have fallen in love with the person you had sex with, at least not for me anyway.

Do you think Tiger Woods was looking for a new wife when he was banging all those women? The only reason he talked to those women in person is because he had too. If he could have had is butler arrange air travel straight into his living room for a one hour stop over, well, that is they way it would have went down.

This is where "just sex" can be complicated though. Most men (that I know) would be perfectly fine with having some attractive woman bent over the desk, table, car etc and the whole thing be over with in less than 30 minutes from hello to goodbye. They wouldn't care if they saw her again or even what her name is. Most women on the other hand (or at least the ones I know) wouldn't do that. There would have to be some type of chase or courtship or some type of romance involved before sex happens. This is were the phone calls and secret meetings and all of the other stuff take place. Emotions get involved and it all gets overly complicated and mistakes are made that lead to getting caught. It would all be easier if women were as slutty as men wouldn't it?
You're correct, situations vary in complexity and it's difficult to comment/pass judgement unless you've been in that situation. Fortunately, I have not, and as much as you can never say 110% that your spouse/partner has never cheated on you, I would chance my arm and say my hubs has not cheated on me. Could I forgive him if he had?, probably not, as when the trust goes, what do you have left to build on? not much in my humble opinion.

I do believe there is a difference between a one night stand purely for sex and a full blown affair, but only in terms of emotions - however, trust is trust and once broken, difficult if not near impossible to regain.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:12 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

The worse thing about being cheated on is that you are invariably the last one to find out. I was for sure.

Then all your friends come out with "well we kinda knew but didn't want to say anything to hurt your feelings"

Oh f*****g really

Being the last to find out makes the whole deal 10 times worse, so my advice to anyone who knows someone is screwing around, do the right thing and bring it to the spouses attention.

Whether or not they choose to do anything about it is their choice - but at least now they have the option
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:17 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
The worse thing about being cheated on is that you are invariably the last one to find out. I was for sure.

Then all your friends come out with "well we kinda knew but didn't want to say anything to hurt your feelings"

Oh f*****g really

Being the last to find out makes the whole deal 10 times worse, so my advice to anyone who knows someone is screwing around, do the right thing and bring it to the spouses attention.

Whether or not they choose to do anything about it is their choice - but at least now they have the option
I'd want to know for sure, as heartbreaking as it would be. No need to continue the humiliation as well as the hurt.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4
Funny but most people who posted in this thread have prob been cheated on and don't know.

tee-hee-hee.

Life's funny.
Nice
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by ann m
Nice
He's talking bollox
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:51 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4

tee-hee-hee.

Life's funny.
Most people who post statistics or probabilities without linking to supporting evidence, are probably making things up.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollface
Lifted this from the Dingo forum - interesting - discuss....................

yes I would forgive
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends.

If its a one night stand or an affair without my knowledge - no chance in hell, off to the pits! No way would I accept that.

But if he needed something I couldn't give, and we'd discussed it beforehand and agreed on it...maybe. Depending on what it was that I theoretically coudn't give. Like having male body parts. As I said. Maybe, under those circumstances only.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:26 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I would not forgive even a drunken quickie. I am not a forgiving person.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Caitilin
I think it depends.

If its a one night stand or an affair without my knowledge - no chance in hell, off to the pits! No way would I accept that.

But if he needed something I couldn't give, and we'd discussed it beforehand and agreed on it...maybe. Depending on what it was that I theoretically coudn't give. Like having male body parts. As I said. Maybe, under those circumstances only.
Wow, you're really open minded - i'm just not wired like that..........
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

And I can understand that too. ;-)
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caitilin
I think it depends.

Had to read that twice.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

Had to read that twice.
it is really meant to say wired and not weird! I wouldn't be so rude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.