Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Would you forgive an affair?...............

Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you forgive an affair?...............

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Interesting question I guess it depends on a few things like would any of you be more likely to forgive a one night stand or an ongoing affair?
A one night stand yes, I would be more likely to forgive, especially if he came clean and admitted it. I would make him really regret it though!

But an ongoing affair? where he has been lying to me for months on end? No F-ing way! One thing I cannot stand is being lied to.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Consider this. If someone cheats once they can do it again, especially if they weren't found out the first time.

I've heard of cases where mistresses became wives after the guy's previous wife divorced him for cheating, yet the second wives were shocked when their guy then cheated on them during that marriage. For some, it's nothing more than the thrill of the chase.

No forgiveness, no sympathy and no excuses. End of.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Consider this. If someone cheats once they can do it again, especially if they weren't found out the first time.

I've heard of cases where mistresses became wives after the guy's previous wife divorced him for cheating, yet the second wives were shocked when their guy then cheated on them during that marriage. For some, it's nothing more than the thrill of the chase.

You know the saying- A man who marries his mistress creates a vacancy.

Last edited by fledermaus; Apr 6th 2010 at 8:50 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:47 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook

Well you know what they say (whoever they are) "If he/she can do it with you, they can do it to you"
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:28 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Edited to add on a more serious note, a good male friend a while back actually said to me "Mand if you believe that any man would pass it up if he had it laid on a plate in front of him, without anyone ever being able to find out, then you're stupid"

Whether any of you guys out there would admit to it or not I doubt - but I think he's right.
Sorry Mand but i think he's wrong in this. Maybe he's unable to pass it up........
Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Never have cheated. Neither has OH.
I absolutely trust that she would never cheat - I bet my future on it!

Theoretically, would I forgive? Once yes, twice no.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:52 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Wow, you're really open minded - i'm just not wired like that..........
Hence the jail sentence for the last castration
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:06 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hence the jail sentence for the last castration
only 2 rofls for your comment the last one was for your new sig
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:18 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

only 2 rofls for your comment the last one was for your new sig
knew you'd love it!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
knew you'd love it!
I know you knew i'd love it
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:25 am

I know you knew i'd love it
I knew you knew that I'd know that you'd love it
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

funkapillar is an unknown quantity at this point

no
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:54 am
Just Joined

funkapillar is an unknown quantity at this point

and again no
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Forgiving is a beautiful act and comes easy to many people, making them feel better within themselves and appear gracious to the others. Forgetting, on the other hand, is something that very few can do voluntarily, especially as there is no noble status attached to it... Remembering can be ugly, and this seems to be the main killer in the majority of post-infidelity relationships...
As for 100% trusting your partner... I think that it is a sweet utopia - just like when my forefathers in the beginning of the 20th century thought they could build a country where everyone would be equal - it's simply against human nature. There is no way to predict all the circumstances and moods of the future, changes within yourself and your other half, just as it is impossible to know if at some point there will be all the components present for a perfect storm one day, and your house will or will not be in the middle of it. All I can do is hope and pray that my home is strong enough...

Last edited by Zhanna; Apr 8th 2010 at 10:29 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
had it done to me in the past, forgave as he could charm his way out of anything, but he carried on doing it again so we broke up. That was then.

Now?

No-one is going to make me feel like that again, I would take great pleasure in smashing up the truck, the flat screen, the quad, all of his fishing gear, putting wood glue down the barrels of his guns, jumping on the games consoles, putting a big hole in the underside of the boat and setting fire to the sled and the hunting shack.

And would do all of the above with pleasure.

Then would find out who the trollope was that he had an affair with and whether she knew he was married or not, would kick 10 barrells of shit out of her too - just because.

(I have a bad temper)

You werent married to me around 1997 by any chance were you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.