Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!!

Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!!

Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!!

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2
I have read the thread now....and it makes NO difference to my views!
You, my friend are a typical truck hater..........."Stupid, irresponsible, lazy"......don't be so ******* stereotypical!

The fact of the matter remains, cyclists should excercise common sense when riding up the blind side of a truck. Better still, dont do it - WE CAN'T SEE YOU!
So don't use a dedicated, separated bike lane and assume ALL truckers have the inability to turn and look cos they have no necks ..: ok sound advice .. Thanks for that.

Cars and SUVs have blind spots too .. They still manage to look and navigate.

I have not ranted about all truckers , I would have moaned the same if a car hit me.! I cycle, drive and walk and funnily enough I check any blind spots to ensure I'm not going to hit any one or thing whe I turn .. Even when driving a truck !
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Cities like Vancouver should do what London or NYC do and only allow truckers to deliver their goods at night time when there are fewer cars and bikes on the road.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Cities like Vancouver should do what London or NYC do and only allow truckers to deliver their goods at night time when there are fewer cars and bikes on the road.
When they eventually make me the premier of Newf then all trucks will be banned from the roads in town from 7:45 to 9 in the morning and 4- 5:30 in the evening - Nightmare getting around then at the best of times , throw a few trucks into the mix and things around the industrial estates just get completely gridlocked
Old Nov 11th 2013, 5:28 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

You, my friend are a typical truck hater..........."Stupid, irresponsible, lazy"......don't be so ******* stereotypical!

The fact of the matter remains, cyclists should excercise common sense when riding up the blind side of a truck. Better still, dont do it - WE CAN'T SEE YOU!
She was in a cycle lane and he didn't signal so how the hell could she be a fault!!!

Seems to me those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, don't suggest someone is stereotyping when your doing it yourself.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 5:51 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
When they eventually make me the premier of Newf then all trucks will be banned from the roads in town from 7:45 to 9 in the morning and 4- 5:30 in the evening - Nightmare getting around then at the best of times , throw a few trucks into the mix and things around the industrial estates just get completely gridlocked
And that ****** who drives his JCB along the Outer Ring at 8..00am as well.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
And that ****** who drives his JCB along the Outer Ring at 8..00am as well.
Yip - its firing squad for him along with all those tits from public works over in donovans that think it helps the traffic when they decide to move every piece of equipment they own at 8 in the morning
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:58 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a "truck hater" - what a silly suggestion. I cycle occasionally, drive often, take public transit when I can, walk frequently, and have driven assorted light trucks in the past (and a double-decker bus once, but not on the public road). I've never driven an articulated vehicle but understand the lack of all-around visibility perfectly well. That is why it is so important that truck drivers clearly signal their intentions to other road users.

The "fact of the matter" as you choose to put it, is that cyclists, never mind how much common sense they exercise, cannot be expected to read the minds of truck drivers who are either too stupid or too inconsiderate to use their indicators effectively. In this instance, the truck driver has been found to be at fault. I don't understand why you cannot acknowledge that not all truck drivers are able to live up to the ideal that you so obviously demonstrate yourself.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:54 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

You're having a bad day aren't you?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
You're having a bad day aren't you?
I think he's just being a bit truckulent.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:10 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ooh, get your coat sir.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:19 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Oh epic.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

How very articulated.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:26 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
How very [well] articulated.
Novo - 1
Bristol - 1

Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Novo - 1
Bristol - 1

Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:35 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
Novo - 1
Bristol - 1

I just noticed your assist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.