British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/today-i-got-knocked-off-my-bike-truck-811723/)

The4BellsLondon Oct 10th 2013 12:05 am

Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!!

:(

I am ok - bicycle is a little sad . needs about $500 stuff - new front wheel, handlebars, forks . .
I need new helmet and jacket!

BUT am ok -just a bit bruised at the moment - hopefully no worse tomorrow !

I felt a bit of a knob sat in the middle of Quebec St by Science World in Vancouver with the Ambulance and Fire truck . .

Dedicated bike lanes are fab until the truck decides to do a right turn and not look to see if there is any one next to them :(

rivingtonpike Oct 10th 2013 12:11 am

Re: Today I got knocked off my bike by a truck!!

Blimey! glad you're OK. Did the truck stop? Hope they get nicked if they were in the wrong!!

jimmydean Oct 10th 2013 12:14 am

Hope you are ok.......... a very nasty experience indeed so now you need to pretend you are a proper N American and sue the a^^e off somebody. :thumbup:

jimmydean Oct 10th 2013 12:15 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 10937960)
I felt a bit of a knob sat in the middle of Quebec St by Science World in Vancouver with the Ambulance and Fire truck . .

was it the ambulance man or the fireman ? :rofl:

Oink Oct 10th 2013 12:17 am

I'm very glad you're okay, but crikey be super careful. I got knocked off a motorbike on Christmas eve down in the US few years ago. The guy was pissed up and nearly took my leg off. It really shakes you up for awhile, I couldn't cross the road without shaking for about three months, so give yourself some time to get your nerves back. :wub:

rivingtonpike Oct 10th 2013 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10937971)
I'm very glad you're okay, but crikey be super careful. I got knocked a motorbike on Christmas eve down in the US few years ago. The guy was pissed up and nearly took my leg off. It really shakes you up for awhile, I couldn't cross the road without shaking for about three months, so give yourself some time to get your nerves back. :wub:

Yeah Take it easy. As Oink says, the shock can be a very delayed reaction and just as shocking as the event itself.:blink:

jimmydean Oct 10th 2013 12:25 am

4Bells .........I was going to pop in the Pass Inn Pass Out Bar to leave you a glass of the strong stuff to help you get over the shock but somebody shut the thread !!!!! :thumbdown::eek:

Shard Oct 10th 2013 12:26 am

No fun at all. :unsure:
Take care.

Oink Oct 10th 2013 12:26 am

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 10937984)
4Bells .........I was going to pop in the Pass Inn Pass Out Bar to leave you a glass of the strong stuff to help you get over the shock but somebody shut the thread !!!!! :thumbdown::eek:

That was a bit naff that one anyway. So give her one in here. :)

jimmydean Oct 10th 2013 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 10937987)
That was a bit naff that one anyway. So give her one in here. :)

I might just do that Finbarr Saunders :rofl:

The4BellsLondon Oct 10th 2013 1:08 am

Haha .. Thanks guys.

I am assuming he was on wrong .. Didn't see an indicator plus although it doesn't say no right turns at that junction, it's really sharp And I have never actually seen some one turn rt there!

Oink you are right about shock stuff .. Sort of hitting me now .. Could have been much worse!

Luckily I think fitness helped...I swerved big and rolled..

orly Oct 10th 2013 1:11 am

Originally Posted by jimmydean (Post 10937968)
was it the ambulance man or the fireman ? :rofl:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/uWaDmOqmoZg/hqdefault.jpg

MillieF Oct 10th 2013 1:11 am

Oh I'm sorry, it really shakes you up doesn't it? It happened to me about two years back now, and I'm still a bit wobbly....shakes your self confidence.:starsmile:

RubyRose Oct 10th 2013 1:12 am

Lots of hugs and look after yourself.

Ruby

adele Oct 10th 2013 1:16 am

Oh god Carolyn, glad you're doing ok - sounds like you're shaken up, but it could've been much worse. Take care and rest up xxx