Old May 6th 2021, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by Oink
HID has banned tea.

Old May 6th 2021, 10:58 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I've got the big wok out today, going to smash up some sort of pork stirfry and rice.

Old May 11th 2021, 11:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

It's Taco Tuesday and I've been listening to Freddie Fender and eating tacos and drinking beer for about an hour.
Old May 27th 2021, 1:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had pork chops and green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy. No whiskey in the mashed potatoes, just butter, salt and a splash of cream. While the meat was resting I threw some butter in the skillet, shook up flour and water in the "gravy jar", added a few blotches of liquid beef Bovril, salt and pepper, dash of wine, and scraped all the goodies off the bottom of the pan. Bonus, I have leftover gravy and potatoes.
Old May 29th 2021, 10:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Chicken and some arugula with poppyseed dressing.

Old Jun 13th 2021, 8:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Burgers (bacon cheese with dill pickles and arugula)- the meat came all the way from Australia! Exotic.

Old Jun 13th 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Burgers (bacon cheese with dill pickles and arugula)- the meat came all the way from Australia! Exotic.

kangaroo or crocodile?
Old Jun 13th 2021, 9:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
kangaroo or crocodile?
Grass Fed Australian Angus Lean Ground Beef. I didn't even know until I thawed it out, it's not like we don't have cattle here.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Grass Fed Australian Angus Lean Ground Beef. I didn't even know until I thawed it out, it's not like we don't have cattle here.
doesn’t seem to be much mention of food miles in the latest uk/Australia trade deal either

rhubarb fool for pud tonight with rhubarb from the ‘garden’. Delish.
strawberry and rhubarb pie is a Canadian thing I am totally on board with, but the rhubarb will need to grow a bit more... just need to get within conversation distance of those horse owning neighbours later in the year
Old Jul 19th 2021, 12:05 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Fried oysters.

Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:23 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I should stay away from this thread.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 11:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Shrimp cocktail for starters.

Old Aug 7th 2021, 10:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had finnan haddie with onions and peas on pumpernickel toast; thought about seconds but decided to put it in the fridge for now. It can always be microwaved later for a treat.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:12 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I had finnan haddie with onions and peas on pumpernickel toast; thought about seconds but decided to put it in the fridge for now. It can always be microwaved later for a treat.
Yum. I absolutely love Finnan haddie. Was it the genuine article or a local version?
Old Aug 9th 2021, 11:25 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Yum. I absolutely love Finnan haddie. Was it the genuine article or a local version?
What makes it genuine? I learned how to make it from my mother, who learned to make it as a girl growing up on the prairies during the Depression. The Relief trains brought potatoes and salt cod out to the west where hardly anything could grow. Grandpa was too proud to take relief (Mom said his excuse was they only offered potatoes anyway) but he would buy a barrel of smoked mullets from Lake Winnipeg every year for $10 and that (and shooting and snaring rabbits) would get them through the winter. I always considered finnan haddie to be traditional Canadian prairie Depression-era cuisine. Is it Scottish as well? I made it with smoked burbot tails when I lived at the lake but here I use smoked yellow cod which I buy on the flashfood app.

Bring the fish to a boil and simmer for 10 - 12 min then drain. Add butter, thin sliced onions and cooked peas and flake the fish. You can either make a roux in the pan or add the milk/cream first and mix a spoon of flour in a few oz of milk then add that to thicken it. It's one of the "feel good" dishes from my childhood. The other recipes from Grandma's kitchen are all German or Russian or Ukrainian so I don't know who taught them finnan haddie... maybe there was a Scottish neighbour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.