Teatime Choices

Old Dec 27th 2020, 9:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Old Dec 27th 2020, 11:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Home-made turkey, ham and mushroom pie (flaky top) - the sauce within made from the turkey drippings, a little garlic, white wine and cream and a thickening agent.. so good.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 10:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken soup and a Reuben.

Old Dec 31st 2020, 7:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
Chicken soup and a Reuben.
Still have not eaten a ruebens ever.
Oops wrong rhread
Old Jan 5th 2021, 10:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

In between periods of the World Junior iced hockey bronze medal round, and between that and the gold medal game at 8:30, I'm assembling spaghetti and meatballs. 2nd period of the bronze game, Russia v Finland is just about to start. After 20 min it's 1 - 0 Russia.
Finland wins 4-1.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 6th 2021 at 12:07 am.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 9:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Our post Christmas croissants stuffed with cream cheese and smoked salmon and a few salt and pepper (Jane's) chicken wings, washed down with sparkling pear lemonade.

Old Jan 12th 2021, 10:41 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Reuben on pumpernickel, I'm not bored with it yet.

Old Jan 13th 2021, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, that's not quite a true Rueben sandwich.

Yes, you got the rye, sauerkraut, Russian dressing <?> and corned beef or pastrami correct but you didn't grill the completed sandwich in the frying pan on both sides until the bread was toasty. I've had Rueben's at the original deli that made the first sandwich and that is how it is done. The delis that now serve it open faced are not true to the original sandwich.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 13th 2021 at 3:21 pm. Reason: Forgot the SWISS CHEESE
Old Jan 13th 2021, 1:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
Hmmmm, that's not quite a true Rueben sandwich.

Yes, you got the rye, sauerkraut, Russian dressing <?> and corned beef or pastrami correct but you didn't grill the completed sandwich in the frying pan on both sides until the bread was toasty. I've had Rueben's at the original deli that made the first sandwich and that is how it is done. The delis that now serve it open faced are not true to the original sandwich.
Actually, I did. I always spread margarine on both sides and finish it in the skillet so the bread is toasty and the cheese gets melty. I don't use Russian Dressing, but I'd be willing to try it sometime. I use corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss, and mustard. I may not have had one at the original deli, but I've had a lot of Reuben sandwiches.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I did. I always spread margarine on both sides and finish it in the skillet so the bread is toasty and the cheese gets melty. I don't use Russian Dressing, but I'd be willing to try it sometime. I use corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss, and mustard. I may not have had one at the original deli, but I've had a lot of Reuben sandwiches.
I'm sure you have. It is one of my all time favorite sandwiches but with pastrami, not corned beef. Actually have a place up the street from me that is ironically called "New York Deli" and they do make an authentic pastrami Reuben.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 5:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I've no doubt you've made a similar dressing to 'russian dressing' many times. Onion, horseradish, hot sauce, worcestorshire sauce, lemon juice, tom k and mayo, salt/pepper are the basis for russian dressing.. apparently it used to have caviar in it too (pounded anchovy's might work!) It's not that different to the sauce I make to go with seafood or avocado.

Old Jan 13th 2021, 10:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I've no doubt you've made a similar dressing to 'russian dressing' many times. Onion, horseradish, hot sauce, worcestorshire sauce, lemon juice, tom k and mayo, salt/pepper are the basis for russian dressing.. apparently it used to have caviar in it too (pounded anchovy's might work!) It's not that different to the sauce I make to go with seafood or avocado.
Not really; I've made seafood sauce with horseradish and ketchup and lemon juice, but because I don't use the horseradish it dies in the fridge door, so I've been buying dollar store seafood sauce for my shrimp cocktails, but it's a little hotter than I like. I might get some dollar store horseradish if I see it and try making Russian dressing. Ranch dressing on acid.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Corned beef and cabbage done in the slow cooker. Butter on the cabbage and onions, Dijon mustard for the corned beef... I'm very content right now.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 3:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Corned beef and cabbage done in the slow cooker. Butter on the cabbage and onions, Dijon mustard for the corned beef... I'm very content right now.
HHmm.. The corned beef thing.

No idea what to do for tea atm.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 1:43 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Linda McCartney country pie with thick cut oven-roasted celeriac and sweet potato chips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.