Teatime Choices

Old Nov 6th 2020, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Originally Posted by caretaker
Great big salad; a whole avocado, half a cucumber, red onion, field greens and baby spinach, poppyseed dressing. 12 hours ago I had 2 bacon sandwiches, so I'm claiming balanced diet.
I flipping well love avocado and salads.

Last night was seafood pasta . This evening will be something or other with chicken.

I was given a 5kg bountiful bounty of green lipped mussels fresh off the boat so we've been feasting on those a bit and I also froze the rest for later use. Took a whole load of cleaning and preparing but utterly worth it. Himself was rather mesmerised with the way they open to breath and then shut with a tap to their shells.

Old Nov 7th 2020, 12:56 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Those look amazing! I'll bet they're delicious.
Old Nov 7th 2020, 5:44 am
`

Those look amazing! I'll bet they're delicious.
They were. I'd have shared. . There was more than enough and I know there will be more that come my way. Bit lucky isn't it.

Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Sausage soup; my cabbage had gone bad so I used some green beans instead.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 10th 2020 at 3:23 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 9:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Caesar salad, substituting baby arugula and field greens for romaine. Must just be bursting with vitamins.
Then to compensate I had a raspberry filled almond tart.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 10:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Cooked up some pasta (gemelli) and added the contents of a couple of tins of mussels and tomato/chilli flavoured sardines.

So simple and very good.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 2:50 am
`

I think seafood pasta. I have frozen prawns and also still have some of those mussels we were given. I froze and vacuum packed what we did not eat . No fish though so that will have to do.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 9:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm making Swiss steak; the little round steaks I was going to make stir-fry with will be perfect, and the substandard tomato I encountered at breakfast finds a home. Since getting on the flashfood app I'm getting more beef in my diet through nailing good discounts and freezing them, but not letting it dominate the menu.
I like to do a little canvas through a few recipes before cooking something I haven't made in a long time, and Betty Crocker puts some dry mustard in her flour dredge, and so shall I.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm making Swiss steak; the little round steaks I was going to make stir-fry with will be perfect, and the substandard tomato I encountered at breakfast finds a home. Since getting on the flashfood app I'm getting more beef in my diet through nailing good discounts and freezing them, but not letting it dominate the menu.
I like to do a little canvas through a few recipes before cooking something I haven't made in a long time, and Betty Crocker puts some dry mustard in her flour dredge, and so shall I.
I downloaded the Flashfood app after reading about your successes, but all it ever offers me is gluten-free stuff and potato salad. 🤷‍♀️
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I downloaded the Flashfood app after reading about your successes, but all it ever offers me is gluten-free stuff and potato salad. 🤷‍♀️
I'm lucky here, there are 6 stores on the app, but one only has nutcrackers and lightbulbs, and one only has fancy cakes. My next door neighbour is a baker at that store.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 10:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Hamberder is stuffed with Cambozola.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 9:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I made a bulgogi marinade and threw a couple of chopped-up sausages in along with the beef strips for a few hours and just cooked them in a big skillet. Along with sautéed carrots and red onion and daikon, it's not only delicious but nutritious!
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 10:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

We all had Poutine. From New York Fries.

Mine was a Butter Chicken version. Curry on chips is fine. Otherwise, poutine
Old Dec 7th 2020, 12:09 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

A slow cooked beef casserole, cooked with chunky carrots and celery from the garden, onions, garlic, red wine and mushrooms.. served with potatoes, green beans and roasted beets (from the garden). First beef of the year - first beef casserole in 4 years - it was sooo good! Stuffed!
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 1:52 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm making chowder with oysters and walleye and perch. If I hadn't had a nap this would've been on the table 3 hours ago! Having the potatoes and carrots chopped and ready this afternoon simplifies things. When I froze the half pint of oysters and the fish fillets I didn't cook in the past week this was in the back of my mind, and it's one reason I like to keep extra half & half and some bacon around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.