Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jan 29th 2017, 2:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Schaddenfreude break:
Justin Beaver getting smacked; gotta love the grin on Pronger's face!
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-bieber1.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2017, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Originally Posted by Siouxie
thanks
Old Jan 29th 2017, 6:23 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Now that has led me into temptation. Not the Penguins but the Quavers...then I see you can get Hula hoops as well.... Snoop will have to confiscate my credit cards
Old Jan 29th 2017, 7:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Now that has led me into temptation. Not the Penguins but the Quavers...then I see you can get Hula hoops as well.... Snoop will have to confiscate my credit cards
That's odd. The only thing I ever found on Amazon that wasn't even more expensive than the usual suspects for mail order Brit stuff was Mackay's marmalades (for the whisky version, among others) but I see that's okay and free delivery too.

I followed the link and there are a couple of deals for 20 Flakes for around $20, free postage.

Spellbound from England is the seller but then on their own amazon page they have one 100g jar of Nescafe espresso for $21.16 a single 4-pack of Aero for $16.98 and other stuff I'll check out later.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That's odd. The only thing I ever found on Amazon that wasn't even more expensive than the usual suspects for mail order Brit stuff was Mackay's marmalades (for the whisky version, among others) but I see that's okay and free delivery too.

I followed the link and there are a couple of deals for 20 Flakes for around $20, free postage.

Spellbound from England is the seller but then on their own amazon page they have one 100g jar of Nescafe espresso for $21.16 a single 4-pack of Aero for $16.98 and other stuff I'll check out later.
I was surprised to find quite a few things on there that aren't too expensive, when you consider that it's free postage. Pataks Balti Paste - which I can't get here for love nor money for one. I make 90% of my curries from scratch but do miss a good balti!

I was very intrigued by this stuff.. am wondering how good it is and if you could make extra thick double with it. Heavy Cream Powder "Try using a blender to mix 3/8 cup of powder with a cup of water and let the mix sit overnight in the refrigerator to make each cup of heavy cream." - anyone tried it?

Edited to add - Nescafe Expresso $4.97 and free shipping for you Bristol

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 29th 2017 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 10:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...Heavy Cream Powder...
Not sure I like the idea of cream from powder. On the other hand there's custard and angel delight from powder and that's nice enough.

Edited to add - Nescafe Expresso $4.97 and free shipping for you Bristol

This was the one I saw
It shows it's worth shopping around.

The free shipping needs to get to $35 though? But then if that was a coffee I used to drink - say Master Blend or Carte Noire, I'd get the necessary number of jars

Last edited by BristolUK; Jan 29th 2017 at 10:46 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Is anyone else a bit annoyed sometimes with the so called Goofs section on IMDB?

Okay some of them are understandable - an actor's body position changing according to camera angle, a glass that nears empty and is suddenly full in the next shot. Those I just think are funny.

But when people claim factual errors - because they are 'anoraks' and they know that a piece of music couldn't have been played on the radio in that April 1965 scene because it wasn't released until July ...well that's one thing but when people claim factual error and it's not, well that's something else.

I just read this one.
When Cassie Stuart uncovers evidence in an old BOAC bag, she says she remembers having one in 1976 from Alicante airport. BOAC ceased to exist in 1974 (they became British Airways after merging with BEA). Also BOAC never flew to Alicante, so she could not have bought one there.
So when the company changed its name they withdrew from sale and recalled all the bags with the old name on from all over the world.

Yeah right.

And no place in Spain, particularly in the 70s with any amount of tat like donkeys, ever sold an item that wasn't bang up to date.

As if...
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I like the idea of cream from powder. On the other hand there's custard and angel delight from powder and that's nice enough.

This was the one I saw
It shows it's worth shopping around.

The free shipping needs to get to $35 though? But then if that was a coffee I used to drink - say Master Blend or Carte Noire, I'd get the necessary number of jars

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/054...g?v=1462584581
Did find some but it's not cheap!

https://www.amazon.ca/Carte-Noire-Fr...fe+Carte+Noire3=
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The rental market is becoming too competitive and expensive.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:18 am
Oscar nominated

Did find some but it's not cheap!
Just over $50 with delivery for 400g.

Here I don't mind Taster's Choice Dark Roast and Nescafe Colombian for when there's nothing in the pot and I can't be bothered to make more. I generally buy a few of those when they're about $4 a jar.

For pods, I've discovered the Giant Value brand in Giant Tiger is pretty good - at least the Dark Roast. I bought a 12-pack on offer. Under 50c a pod's not bad.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:22 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I've retired.
Hopefully there may be a vacancy coming up in the USA to tempt you out of retirement. .

How are you at signing executive orders?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully there may be a vacancy coming up in the USA to tempt you out of retirement. .

How are you at signing executive orders?
I'll outsource the signing of the orders..

I'd work for even 25% of 400,000/yr lol hell even 10% of that wage.. ha ha
Old Jan 31st 2017, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Hospital ERs are interesting places at 1am.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 9:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What happened, are you and Mrs Smith ok?
Old Jan 31st 2017, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

They are, but not a particularly good place to be. Hope you and the Mrs are okay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.