Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Feb 4th 2017, 7:54 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm no expert, but I don't recognise "...shave them them and nobody would give a naff if the smelly weasels were drowned by the rocks near the bottom of the creek, because they're be horrible little naffers..." as being Shakespeare.

Or did you mean The Bared - as in the naked rambler?
Or maybe The Beard -not sure who that could be right now.

On the subject of beards, Shard, you'd be a good person to ask this.

I know you don't pay attention to footballers but there seem to be an awful lot of them - top level - with beards. Not just much more than usual but really full, bushy ones. I think they look very silly normally let alone on professional athletes.

I know there was a national beard day or something but that's just a day and the period leading up to it for growing. But there are so many, for so long now. So to the question.

Is it a general trend with blokes in the UK or is it just something footballers are just doing?

http://i66.tinypic.com/al4y0x.jpg
Thats a direct quote from The taming of the weasel....or was it Otterlo?
Old Feb 5th 2017, 5:06 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert, but I don't recognise "...shave them them and nobody would give a naff if the smelly weasels were drowned by the rocks near the bottom of the creek, because they're be horrible little naffers..." as being Shakespeare.

Or did you mean The Bared - as in the naked rambler?
Or maybe The Beard -not sure who that could be right now.

On the subject of beards, Shard, you'd be a good person to ask this.

I know you don't pay attention to footballers but there seem to be an awful lot of them - top level - with beards. Not just much more than usual but really full, bushy ones. I think they look very silly normally let alone on professional athletes.

I know there was a national beard day or something but that's just a day and the period leading up to it for growing. But there are so many, for so long now. So to the question.

Is it a general trend with blokes in the UK or is it just something footballers are just doing?

http://i66.tinypic.com/al4y0x.jpg
It's all part of the hipster thing. So yes, plenty of younger guys with very full beards. Agree that they look a bit silly. A bit Victorian really. I've had a short beard several times, I quite like the look, but it's far too uncomfortable to keep more than a couple of months.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 1:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I've had a short beard several times, I quite like the look, but it's far too uncomfortable to keep more than a couple of months.
I had a beard in the 70s but it was almost ginger, quite unlike my hair colour. But then I had a full head of hair back then.

Not sure that footballers want to be seen as hipsters though.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Still snowing. According to the last update this morning from the city since February 3 we have received more then 70cm of snow.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 7:49 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Still snowing. According to the last update this morning from the city since February 3 we have received more then 70cm of snow.
Thinking of you at this special time.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Thinking of you at this special time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE
I love that song...

At this rate, my wife may get another snow day from work tomorrow.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 1:08 am
Account Closed

Schools are officially closed tomorrow due to snow.

Article has some photos.

Chilliwack, B.C., digging out of staggering 80cm of snow (PHOTOS) | Globalnews.ca
Old Feb 6th 2017, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Used my PR card for the first time, it was weird and a tad emotional joining the 'other' queue! However, as i was on a flight consisting of only Canadian, Americans and PR holders, it would've have been quicker in the foreigner queue!
Small price to pay for the stability of PR!
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:43 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Used my PR card for the first time, it was weird and a tad emotional joining the 'other' queue! However, as i was on a flight consisting of only Canadian, Americans and PR holders, it would've have been quicker in the foreigner queue!
Small price to pay for the stability of PR!

Is it not an option to use the other passport line because technically you have a passport that isn't Canadian or American but if you have a PR do you have to go through the Canadian line?
Old Feb 6th 2017, 1:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Is it not an option to use the other passport line because technically you have a passport that isn't Canadian or American but if you have a PR do you have to go through the Canadian line?
Is this something new or something in your part of Canada?
In 2003 to 2004 when I last arrived I flew to Montreal 6 times and as far as I was aware there was one line (zig-zag) for everyone every time.

Donald Sutherland was just in front of me in the line. I doubt he'd line up with a mishmash of 'others' if he didn't have to.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

keeps snowing on my doctor appointment, 3rd time this doctor has cancelled due to snow.

Maybe next month I will finally have luck....lol
Old Feb 6th 2017, 10:56 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

keeps snowing on my doctor appointment, 3rd time this doctor has cancelled due to snow.

Maybe next month I will finally have luck....lol
Unbelievable....doctors of today -no balls
Old Feb 6th 2017, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I'll give him slack, I know he drives in from Vancouver.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 11:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
That's unfair. It's been snowing so must have snowballs at least.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 12:00 am
I need a walk

I'll give him slack, I know he drives in from Vancouver.
Can he not cross-country ski??

That's unfair. It's been snowing so must have snowballs at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.