Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Feb 2nd 2023, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Nushka met a spicy creature last week. A week later, she's all better and the spicy thing is in a trap waiting for the trapper man to collect it. It will go in the cooking pot apparently.

Poor Nushka it looks painful. Porcupine???
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:31 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
What on earth .
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Poor Nushka it looks painful. Porcupine???
Yes a porcupine got into her area. We've never seen one before. We were at the emergency vet within 15 minutes. An hour later she had been knocked out, quills removed and was ready to come home. The vet said there was just over 20 quills and she was the nicest chow she's ever met. Never want that to happen again.
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a porcupine got into her area. We've never seen one before. We were at the emergency vet within 15 minutes. An hour later she had been knocked out, quills removed and was ready to come home. The vet said there was just over 20 quills and she was the nicest chow she's ever met. Never want that to happen again.
I have never seen one either. Hope my dog never sees one either. šŸ˜±

Good to know she received prompt treatment and is A-OK.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 10:50 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not allowed to feed the birds anymore. It was attracting the animal. It's a bummer because I was getting some lovely birds. Now I have a massive bag of seed to give away. Lol.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 10:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not allowed to feed the birds anymore. It was attracting the animal. It's a bummer because I was getting some lovely birds. Now I have a massive bag of seed to give away. Lol.
I understand some places have bi-laws against such things.

My mother in law gets through about $20 a week on peanuts in shells for the squirrels but plenty of birds join in too.
This is my MIL
Spoiler:

Old Feb 4th 2023, 11:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear Nushka is okay now. Porcupine quills look so painful - good that you were able to get her seen so quickly.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I understand some places have bi-laws against such things.

My mother in law gets through about $20 a week on peanuts in shells for the squirrels but plenty of birds join in too.
This is my MIL
Spoiler:

No bylaws. Just husband ones.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Can someone tell me how to delete my account on this forum, cant find any thing online or on the forum itself. Thx in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Can someone tell me how to delete my account on this forum, cant find any thing online or on the forum itself. Thx in advance.
sent you a PM.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Contact Bob .He is the BE Site Lead & so has the ability to action this. He'll sort you out.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BEVS
Contact Bob .He is the BE Site Lead & so has the ability to action this. He'll sort you out.
itā€™s already in handā€¦thanks.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 1:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
itā€™s already in handā€¦thanks.
Go direct . Go Bob. The Man with the golden gun. Saves messin' about.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 1:33 am

Our doctor is retiring. There is not a single doctor in the Red Deer area accepting patients. More are retiring. There are no new ones coming. We have been advised to ask friends to ask their drs if they will take us on.

What a nightmare.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Our doctor is retiring. There is not a single doctor in the Red Deer area accepting patients. More are retiring. There are no new ones coming. We have been advised to ask friends to ask their drs if they will take us on.

What a nightmare.
I keep hearing stuff like that. Provinces trying to incentivise doctors to move too.

You can't just tell yourself you'll be okay because your doc is too young to retire because they may be enticed over the border.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 1:44 am

Got notice of redundancy today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.