Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 20th 2021, 5:43 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by caretaker
That's pretty shabby. The last time I bought anything on Amazon was about 2 years ago and it was a Battco laptop battery
Well at least you aint a mug like me by buying crap I don't need on Amazon and inadvertently contributing to his space trip fund

"I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer, 'cause you guys paid for all this. So seriously, for every Amazon customer out there, and every Amazon employee, thank you from the bottom of my heart, very much. It's very appreciated."

Old Jul 20th 2021, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a fun video.

Old Jul 20th 2021, 11:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Renting is such a pain, ffs what do they expect people to do for 3-5 hours each day for 3 days? They are replacing bathroom fans, and apparently will be done over 3 days, doing 3-5 hour sessions, kicker bathroom wont be available for use, 1 bathroom and no alternatives nearby, oh it's going to be highly stressful, I have IBS and cannot predict when it will flare up, happens 2-4 times a week.

The bathroom fan works fine, doesn't even look old, actually looks nearly new. lol
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Renting is such a pain, ffs what do they expect people to do for 3-5 hours each day for 3 days? They are replacing bathroom fans, and apparently will be done over 3 days, doing 3-5 hour sessions, kicker bathroom wont be available for use, 1 bathroom and no alternatives nearby, oh it's going to be highly stressful, I have IBS and cannot predict when it will flare up, happens 2-4 times a week. The bathroom fan works fine, doesn't even look old, actually looks nearly new. lol
That sounds silly, ooooh, maybe they're installing a different type. I had an issue like that at work where I had to make a new hole and reposition the duct. Still.... If the last 2 days are for drywalling it should still be useable other than those 3 -5 hr periods. Hang onto Charlee like she's a real killer so they hurry.

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 20th 2021 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
That sounds silly, ooooh, maybe they're installing a different type. I had an issue like that at work where I had to make a new hole and reposition the duct. Still.... If the last 2 days are for drywalling it should still be useable other than those 3 -5 hr periods. Hang onto Charlee like she's a real killer so they hurry.
I do kind of worry about the dust that will be created, not sure if there is asbestos or not in these units.

Day 1 Abatement (I assume removal of the fan etc)

Day 2 Install new fan

Day 3 Paint/touch up dry wall/repair drywall

Sound like day 1 will be the longest and most pain in the rear day, they are going to give free refreshments for the inconvenience though.

It's mostly the bathroom issue that concerns me, on a flare up day, I can need to go every 5-10 minutes for 3-5 hours, maybe my body will cooperate that day.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Renting is such a pain, ffs what do they expect people to do for 3-5 hours each day for 3 days? They are replacing bathroom fans, and apparently will be done over 3 days, doing 3-5 hour sessions, kicker bathroom wont be available for use, 1 bathroom and no alternatives nearby, oh it's going to be highly stressful, I have IBS and cannot predict when it will flare up, happens 2-4 times a week.

The bathroom fan works fine, doesn't even look old, actually looks nearly new. lol
I have IBS, and can usually control it by taking Imodium, that was a suggestion by my doctor years ago.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

I used to take it as well, it used to work pretty good, but in the last 5-6 years its not working much anymore, not sure why.

Originally Posted by scilly
I have IBS, and can usually control it by taking Imodium, that was a suggestion by my doctor years ago.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

I haven't found droppings, but where the pipes come through the wall for the hot water radiators for the heat certainly big enough for a mouse to get through. I stuffed metal sos pads into the gaps, but Charlee smells or hears something, probably mice in the walls, one thing dachshunds excel at is smelling and hearing small rodents, they were bred to hunt such things so she can spent 12+ hours trying to find the source. Stubborn was born into the breed to.

Downside, I as a human cannot hear nor smell what she is hearing and/or smelling so I can easily figure out how to fix it so we can all sleep again.

Quite possibly the most vile smell I have ever encountered, I opened the window and it hit me like a wall, window was open for like less than 15 seconds, and the smell is still in my nose, oh man is it vile. Smells like I can't even describe the smell, but its horrible.

I hate this place so much sometimes.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 20th 2021 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 8:36 am
Account Closed

That smell lasted until 5am, still haven't any idea what caused it.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a pulp mill in the area?
Old Jul 21st 2021, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Oh Amazon algorithms how wrong you are, put those in an aquarium and watch the fish die.

Old Jul 22nd 2021, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Maybe Amazon delivery and intelcom are competing to see which one can be the worst..

Lately Amazon delivery has been marking parcels as attempted delivery but not attempting to deliver, I have 3 in limbo that were supposed to be here Tuesday.

I sit next to the window by the front door, I see delivery drivers if they actually come, so I know they are not actually even attempting.

Originally Posted by Danny B
Contract Amazon delivery drivers are getting lazier and lazier I swear

This was my package getting thrown to the ground this afternoon, good job it wasn't 9AM with everyone at work all day.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 10:31 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Amazon delivery and intelcom are competing to see which one can be the worst..

Lately Amazon delivery has been marking parcels as attempted delivery but not attempting to deliver, I have 3 in limbo that were supposed to be here Tuesday.

I sit next to the window by the front door, I see delivery drivers if they actually come, so I know they are not actually even attempting.
We are lucky enough to have a two car garage so our cars are rarely on the driveway which gives the impression that no one is at home.
I waited in all day for a UPS delivery, saw the truck roll up, spend a minute outside and then driveway.

When I checked the delivery status online, it said no one was home. I was bloody furious so I downloaded the video clip and showed the manager at the depot when I collected the parcel the next day. They had no explanation as to why the driver did not knock on my door.

Old Jul 22nd 2021, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

We are lucky enough to have a two car garage so our cars are rarely on the driveway which gives the impression that no one is at home.
I waited in all day for a UPS delivery, saw the truck roll up, spend a minute outside and then driveway.

When I checked the delivery status online, it said no one was home. I was bloody furious so I downloaded the video clip and showed the manager at the depot when I collected the parcel the next day. They had no explanation as to why the driver did not knock on my door.
Canada Post goes one further and will pre-fill out parcel slips, then not even bring the parcels with them and just dump the slips off.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 11:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post goes one further and will pre-fill out parcel slips, then not even bring the parcels with them and just dump the slips off.
Not quite the same but close enough

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.