Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 12th 2021, 4:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I buy Jobst relief from here
$34US right now.
Thanks for the link.. a family member suffers dreadfully from a swollen leg since his quadruple bypass surgery 6 years ago (they stripped the artery from ankle to groin to replace the arteries that were blocked; he can't wear 'normal' socks at all because the tops dig in and cut off the circulation, he usually has to wear the 'no show' type.. so these may be an alternative.

I've purchased the Dr Scholls 'diabetic socks' from Walmart for him to wear in the coldest months, which apparently aren't too bad, but they aren't compression enough to reduce the swelling. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dr-scho...=richrelevance
Old Jul 12th 2021, 5:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can understand you not wanting to wear the 'proper' compression socks with shorts, it wouldn't be the best look. Great that you've found something a bit more discreet (and cheaper!) that does the job. I'm not one to talk about the price of socks, when my sister was having chemo last year her feet were always cold so I bought her a pair of cable knit cashmere socks. $120 I'd be lucky to spent that on a whole outfit for myself

They're a great safeguard when flying. No way Pedro to the breast reduction, scouse I like my boobs.

Thanks Caretaker, I'll read your destructions to scouse in the morning. Might save some swearing. Sounds like you got some very good post-op care
I'll scan the sheet when I get home.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The parcel saga is even more baffling than it appears. The merchant confirmed the address label was correct and had my address on it hence why it did make it to BC. The merchant got a call from Nova Scotia today from someone asking why they sent them a random package, Canada Post marked my address as incorrect, and then put a new label on it with the address in Nova Scotia, why Canada Post did this, don't know, but it did get delivered today in Nova Scotia.

Instacart not working yesterday really sucks.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 12th 2021 at 7:33 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I was vacuuming under the baseboard radiators, and man I hope what dust that shot out of the vacuum doesn't have asbestos in it.
Old Jul 12th 2021, 10:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE Spouse of Scouse]Thanks Caretaker, I'll read your destructions to scouse in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
[QUOTE Spouse of Scouse]Thanks Caretaker, I'll read your destructions to scouse in the morning.
[/QUOTE]
Cheers mate
Old Jul 13th 2021, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Government is interesting in some ways, the effort the ministry puts in finding a way to not help with a one time emergency funds ($60) probably costs them more in the long run than just providing it if the person asking doesn't have a history of asking for said funds.

Old Jul 13th 2021, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible crane accident in downtown Kelowna today.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Old Jul 15th 2021, 3:34 am
Account Closed

"A B.C. nurse whose face is partially paralyzed says her driver's licence was suspended and her car impounded after she was unable to provide a breathalyzer sample during a roadside check — and that Canadian laws about alcohol breath tests leave people with certain disabilities no way to prove their innocence."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...mple-1.6101208

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 15th 2021 at 3:47 am.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 4:33 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
"A B.C. nurse whose face is partially paralyzed says her driver's licence was suspended and her car impounded after she was unable to provide a breathalyzer sample during a roadside check — and that Canadian laws about alcohol breath tests leave people with certain disabilities no way to prove their innocence."

You would think that they could offer a saliva roadside test for those that can't use a breathaliser.. to be followed up by a blood test if it proved positive. (or a Urine test, if feasible to do one!)
Something like these https://www.drugtestkits.ca/alcohol-tests.html
Old Jul 15th 2021, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

There is a court case waiting to be heard ................. a woman with breathing difficulties was asked to take the breathalyser test, told the officer there was no way she could do it. Was ordered to do it, obviously couldn't, so he did the same ........ suspended her license and the car was impounded.

So she's suing

The case is waiting to be heard.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 5:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Give her her license and car back, make that idiot cop pay all her expenses, and place him on 30 days unpaid leave as punishment for being such a prick.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Give her her license and car back, make that idiot cop pay all her expenses, and place him on 30 days unpaid leave as punishment for being such a prick.
This was the type cop people warned about when the laws around drunk driving were changed, people said oh cops will use common sense, well there are simply too many cops who don't use common sense, and just want to create massive issues for people, this is why cops need limited powers, only a judge should be able to mandate fines, suspend licenses etc after hearing all the evidence, this whole situation now is guilty until you prove your innocent, and those without funds to have access to a good lawyer are going to be the ones more affected because it seems near impossible to fight these roadside things without a lawyer.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Could you imagine flying across the Atlantic in an aircraft like this? Early aviators were brave souls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.