Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 12th 2020, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Never underestimate the creativeness of landlords to get around rent controls.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...e-rent-freeze/

In this particular case the rent increase may not be permitted, but that will be up to the RTB to determine.

Not a small time landlord either, but one with a bad reputation for not maintaining properties well and charging premium prices.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 5:02 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not withstanding any crude references or multiple entendre's does anyone else think cold sausages taste like parties?
Old Nov 14th 2020, 5:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Not withstanding any crude references or multiple entendre's does anyone else think cold sausages taste like parties?
They taste like bar-b-ques to me.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 4:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas and birthday parties when I was a kid... cold chipolatas cut up and put on sticks, stuck into a grapefruit (to go with the cheese and pineapple on sticks, stuck into a grapefruit)

Apparently they are making a come back - and (get this) there are 'recipes' out there for them!

Old Nov 14th 2020, 6:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Christmas and birthday parties when I was a kid... cold chipolatas cut up and put on sticks, stuck into a grapefruit (to go with the cheese and pineapple on sticks, stuck into a grapefruit)

Apparently they are making a come back - and (get this) there are 'recipes' out there for them!

That looks a bit like the coronavirus

Old Nov 14th 2020, 10:03 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I used to get quite excited at the sight of a sausage on a stick, as a kid it made me want to sing ‘Happy Birthday’, and as a self conscious teenager (weren’t we all) it made me blush and feel ‘exotic’...where there was a sausage on a stick there might be a “dip” and another self conscious teenager Streatham SW 16, rocked...I think...and it’s nice if kids are going to give ‘em another outing...so many more worse things they might try...
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh what it would be like to be young and wealthy.

Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Oh what it would be like to be young and wealthy.
When this thing takes off in Oliver everyone knows from the sound; it has a serious snarl to it. They used the Harvard to train fighter pilots in WW2 because it had the power.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

When I lived in Chilliwack there was an aerobatic plane that flew out of there and practiced in the area, could always hear it, had the same type of sound, and probably the most interesting thing to fly out of Chilliwack, it's a pretty boring airport overall...lol
Old Nov 15th 2020, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Condos seem more and more a pain to own. \

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...e_has_arrived/
Old Nov 16th 2020, 12:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I had the privilege of seeing four harvards putting on an impromptu airshow while on my second solo cross country It was wild, they are based at Tilsonburg . i was happily making my radio calls to land and got asked to hold until there was a gap in the show. it was the first moment i think i really enjoyed what i was doing instead of being scared to screw up!
Old Nov 17th 2020, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Sometimes it seems the various levels of government in Canada want to make life as expensive as possible.

This is just a genius idea, have a crappy transit system, but ant to charge mobility pricing, gee wonder why people drive, oh right the transit system sucks.

New tax on drivers proposed for Kelowna | News | kelownadailycourier.ca
Old Nov 17th 2020, 5:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I love our new firewood shed.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 7:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I love our new firewood shed.
I'm on a waiting list for a PS 5. I'm hoping to get one before Christmas.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 6:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a waiting list for a PS 5. I'm hoping to get one before Christmas.
My son scored one, after hanging off the computer for hours.. I'm ok with my PS3 and PS4 lol.

He's a happy bunny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.