Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old May 25th 2020, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The protesters were out today, they want medical freedom, and wont be tracked, vaccinated, tested or masked and they wont be property of Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._this_time_at/
And if they do get sick they'll be running and crying 'please help me medical system,I deserve to go to the front of the line' etc.
Old May 25th 2020, 1:30 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Cheese coloured, thankfully. Except for the red leicester I get for scouse, that's orange (I wonder why it's not red!)
The colour they use is the same one that fishermen use to dye maggots for fishing..
Old May 25th 2020, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, one Christmas I thought I'd make it for him as a surprise. Boiled the carrots and turnips in salted water, mashed them with butter and a bit of cracked pepper. Waited for the applause.

He looked like he was sucking a lemon and asked 'what's this?' It took a while to work out, what he calls turnips are in fact swedes God knows what he calls turnips, I didn't want to get into it.
Neeps! Love them! (and parsnips).

Also I cannot call rocket arugula, I just sound wrong saying it. I am also unable to say ‘Mom’ in a convincing manner.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The protesters were out today, they want medical freedom, and wont be tracked, vaccinated, tested or masked and they wont be property of Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._this_time_at/
some of these near us. Their sign says ‘flu shot lovers keep out’. Rural property. Not a driveway I would venture down.
Old May 25th 2020, 1:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The colour they use is the same one that fishermen use to dye maggots for fishing..
Gee, thanks for that Mike!
Old May 25th 2020, 1:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5

Also I cannot call rocket arugula, I just sound wrong saying it. I am also unable to say ‘Mom’ in a convincing manner.

some of these near us. Their sign says ‘flu shot lovers keep out’. Rural property. Not a driveway I would venture down.
I never knew there were so many different names for the humble swede! I just tried saying 'Mom' and it sounded like 'Mong' - scratch that one then

Your near neighbours probably think that having a visitor who's had a flu shot means the entire family will have autism by morning. Honestly, you wonder how some people scrape up enough intelligence to just stay alive.

Old May 25th 2020, 1:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, thanks for that Mike!
It's only a food colour, and is in many other things. Don't forget the they use Beetroot in many of the commercial Ice Creams.

Last edited by mikelincs; May 25th 2020 at 1:47 pm.
Old May 25th 2020, 1:45 pm
Concierge

FFS it's only a food colour, and is in many other things. Don't forget the they use Beetroot in many of the commercial Ice Creams.
Not like you to swear at a jokey comment Mike. It was the maggots that got me
Old May 25th 2020, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Not like you to swear at a jokey comment Mike. It was the maggots that got me
Sorry, I didn't mean to swear, yes I knew it was a jokey comment, and mine back was meant to be jokey, have remoced the initials.
Old May 25th 2020, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Sorry, I didn't mean to swear, yes I knew it was a jokey comment, and mine back was meant to be jokey, have remoced the initials.
That's a relief, I thought I'd upset you. I'd hate to think I'd upset BE's most cuddliest teddy bear!
Old May 25th 2020, 5:53 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

The only news coming out of the UK right now is all about Dominic bloody Cummings. Is it really that big of a deal?
Old May 25th 2020, 6:34 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
The only news coming out of the UK right now is all about Dominic bloody Cummings. Is it really that big of a deal?
Well I’d never heard of the horrid little man till this weekend- and Now I sure as hell have had enough of him. I think it’s a big deal in the fact that he’s a complete and utter hypocrite and is just very upset at being caught with his pants down, metaphorically ...as opposed to the chief medical advisor that was caught with his pants down literally. The British press have always chased anyone falling off their perch, but these smug looking swine who are telling us all how to behave and then going off and doing their own thing really is a bit much. His wife has been writing a published blog all about their travails, and at no point did she mentioned that during the period she was writing about they had all gone off as a family to Durham. In the latest interview he’s given he frankly looks an unpleasant and shifty little type, and I’d sack him just for that...but If we used that rule, then I fear we wouldn’t have many politicians left...
Old May 25th 2020, 6:46 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5

I think some of this mix on the swede,turnip,parsnip front might be geographical- my father was a Scot and we always had Neeps and Tatties...but he meant Swede. My mother a midlander always called Swede turnip... I spent my life confused

I really can’t arugula the rocket, I don’t look like a ‘mom’, but I can’t say Mall with any degree of confidence either, so tend to refer to Walmart!
Old May 25th 2020, 6:58 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, it is.

'cos it's all about defining what "new normal" really means in HMG's mindset..

(a) break the rules
(b) lie about it
(c) get found out
(d) admit that (a) and (b) happened
(e) so that's ok then.

I like MillieF's summary.
Old May 25th 2020, 9:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

*flashing lights of a police car"
Motorist pulls over and cop approaches driver.
"Hello officer. I've had the virus and I think it may have damaged my eyesight."
"I see sir."
"So you see officer, I have been out for a drive to test it."

Makes perfect sense doesn't it.

Old May 25th 2020, 10:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

he is a mumbling, arrogant, hypocrite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.