Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 22nd 2016, 10:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Oink
Stop naffing raining!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 12:21 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Stop naffing raining!
Be aware! It could be much much worse....and Bristol, and I just know it's coming
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 12:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Winter has not even started yet and I cannot wait for it to end, the short days are killing my mental health....
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Be aware! It could be much much worse....and Bristol, and I just know it's coming
I just checked TWN and it said light snow. I looked out and saw a white car that isn't white.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 12:40 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I think I can guess -- but I won't jinx it either!

One day to go.

Was beginning to get apprehensive until phone call just now.

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Had to go to a government office this morning, still there waiting. Hopefully in before lunch break, if not they close up shop and kick everyone out, then gotta wait in line all over again.

Never understood why the entire office has to take lunch at the same time, why not stagger the breaks so the office can stay open?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 6:41 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Never understood why the entire office has to take lunch at the same time, why not stagger the breaks so the office can stay open?

You're kidding. I mean we all know there are some Canadian practices from the past, but...

Reminds me of 1984 when I went to work in an office in Caerphilly, Wales for a couple of weeks. They had a staff meeting about a new procedure whereby all the post that had to go to other offices would now go to a central point in the office and into pigeon holes.

At the end of the day the post would be put into envelopes addressed to the council, other nearby offices, central office, regional office etc so that instead of paying the postage for 373 envelopes with a form in each one, it would now be just half a dozen envelopes with multiple forms in each.

What?! I hear you exclaim, they weren't doing this probably decades old procedure already?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:28 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
One day to go.

Was beginning to get apprehensive until phone call just now.

https://forums.yoworld.com/images/smilies/phew.png
So we'll know tomorrow? I'm getting a bit apprehensive waiting?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Nope not kidding, they close promptly at 12 noon, boot everyone out, then an hour later open again. They do the same on the phone, if on hold and 4pm comes around instead of doing what private sector does and take all calls in que, they close the phone lines and hang up on you.

You're kidding. I mean we all know there are some Canadian practices from the past, but...

Reminds me of 1984 when I went to work in an office in Caerphilly, Wales for a couple of weeks. They had a staff meeting about a new procedure whereby all the post that had to go to other offices would now go to a central point in the office and into pigeon holes.

At the end of the day the post would be put into envelopes addressed to the council, other nearby offices, central office, regional office etc so that instead of paying the postage for 373 envelopes with a form in each one, it would now be just half a dozen envelopes with multiple forms in each.

What?! I hear you exclaim, they weren't doing this probably decades old procedure already?
Old Nov 24th 2016, 2:40 am
Oscar nominated

I bought a Trapper Hat today. A bit like this.

I had something from the UK - a thinsulate sort of cap thing with ear flaps. Good to wear under my cycle helmet but the flaps wouldn't tie down so cold air always got to my ears.

It's not the most tasteful looking thing, but it's better than all those camo or check ones. And I know it's going to keep my head warmer than the other one at a bus stop or walk to the local shop.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 2:55 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...6b01392a12.jpg

I had something from the UK - a thinsulate sort of cap thing with ear flaps. Good to wear under my cycle helmet but the flaps wouldn't tie down so cold air always got to my ears.

It's not the most tasteful looking thing, but it's better than all those camo or check ones. And I know it's going to keep my head warmer than the other one at a bus stop or walk to the local shop.
Im sure that it will be very practical in the near future. Although if you had bought the camo one, at least no-one would have seen it...
Old Nov 24th 2016, 3:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...6b01392a12.jpg

Good choice. I have a bright red one of those. Very useful when fishing in the cold weather.

Last edited by Oink; Nov 24th 2016 at 3:39 am.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 10:43 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
...if you had bought the camo one, at least no-one would have seen it...

Good choice. I have a bright red one of those. Very useful when fishing in the cold weather.
If you only wear it in the cold weather, where do you go to wear it?
Old Nov 24th 2016, 10:43 am
Oscar nominated

Today's the day....
Old Nov 24th 2016, 1:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Today's the day....
It's proper Thanksgiving! I have been known to put on the Macy's Parade on the tv in the background. For only for political reasons obviously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.