Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 25th 2017, 11:43 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I got it to install (supposedly) but it doesn't appear to be anywhere on my computer! Very strange...

Sorry Bristol, if I find a workaround I'll let you know.
You might want to check if anything was added.
On the one I found the install got most of the way through before failing twice. There were lots of bits and pieces when I checked for changes.
When I accepted Avast on the third go thinking that would make the difference (as if there was something built in to make it fail without accepting the piggy backers) the install wouldn't even begin. No kind of installer appeared, but according to Revo Uninstaller Avast had installed!!

Just to be on the safe side I restored from earlier.

@caretaker

PS....MS Paint has been saved. A last minute pardon arrived. https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-windows-store
After the tremendous outpouring of love across the internet for arguably the greatest Windows program ever, Microsoft has announced that it will save MS Paint by putting it on the Windows Store.

Last edited by BristolUK; Jul 25th 2017 at 11:45 am.
Old Jul 25th 2017, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Docs find ‘very steep’ decline in sperm count in North American men. Here’s why - National | Globalnews.ca
Old Jul 25th 2017, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If flying from YYZ later this week, just an FYI.

Toronto’s Pearson Airport could be hit by baggage handlers’ strike Thursday | Financial Post

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 25th 2017 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:45 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ever wonder where your cursor has gone and then you discover you turned your mouse off?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ever wonder where your cursor has gone and then you discover you turned your mouse off?
I've done that more then once..lol

Charlee the dog very noticeably likes certain meat over others, lamb she eats without issue, beef she is meh about, duck is meh as well, but she goes bonkers for venison and kangaroo.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Charlee the dog...goes bonkers for venison and kangaroo.
So that's what you had sent from Australia.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:50 am
Oscar nominated

I posted a couple of days ago about how early people go to bed here in our part of Moncton.

I'm currently wearing a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. It's set to go every half an hour and hourly through the night, which I took to be somewhere around midnight.

It's been going 10 past and 20 to and I've just realised that 10.40 came and went and it didn't go.

So bed time officially starts at 10.10.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:56 am
Account Closed

I wish small companies/businesses would not rely on FB as their only way to sell/advertise, they really seem to be missing out by not having a website and appearing on google.

It's also a lot harder to find things on FB.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:59 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I posted a couple of days ago about how early people go to bed here in our part of Moncton.

I'm currently wearing a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. It's set to go every half an hour and hourly through the night, which I took to be somewhere around midnight.

It's been going 10 past and 20 to and I've just realised that 10.40 came and went and it didn't go.

So bed time officially starts at 10.10.
Have you had a nice cup of Horlicks yet?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:30 am
Account Closed

This new trend of companies (all US based thus far) wanting to randomly verify your account via sending a text with a security code is annoying.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I wish small companies/businesses would not rely on FB as their only way to sell/advertise, they really seem to be missing out by not having a website and appearing on google.

It's also a lot harder to find things on FB.
The local newspaper (Ottawa Citizen) uses FB as the way to make comments on articles.

I've never had a FB account yet in my demographic (male, WASP, white collar early 50's) it doesn't really come up in conversation and people never say 'hey I tried to find you on FB'. Really only wife and kids know of my refusal to get an account. Our 16 year old son has an account and never really uses it. He prefers Reddit for information (same with me) and Instagram. Wife and 20 year old daughter use their FB accounts.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 11:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I've never had a FB account yet in my demographic (male, WASP, white collar early 50's)
Maybe you're too young or Ottawa is too far away. Very many of the people I knew in school or worked with along the way have active accounts. Relentless posts about tennis, bird watching, sailing and cheap holidays in the sun. I suppose the way of Zimmer frame reviews can't be far off. I usually stalk people I meet at work and am surprised if they have no facebook profile.

I use Instagram to see what my children are doing, they're not young though, I suppose there's some other platform for the youth of today that's too fashionable for me to have even heard of.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 11:46 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I was just checking my twitter feed, and they've walked out.
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...BN1AD0BE-OCATP

Last edited by caretaker; Jul 28th 2017 at 12:11 pm. Reason: noyb
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:37 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Have you had a nice cup of Horlicks yet?
Would it have made a difference to being awake every bloody hour?
It didn't wake me, I kept waking in time for it to go.

I should have taken a little house.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:46 pm
Oscar nominated

I wish small companies/businesses would not rely on FB as their only way to sell/advertise, they really seem to be missing out by not having a website and appearing on google..
And there are plenty who do have websites but their latest info is on FB. Including opening times

It's as if they don't want your business if you're not part of the in-crowd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.