Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pass Inn and Pass Out

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
I have to have it diluted i am such a lightweight

NG x
that's because you didn't grow up with an irish granny who thought a tiny drop of it would help you sleep better !!!!!!

It still helps me sleep - but takes more than a tiny drop these days !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:44 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been cutting back on the Baileys, until now,anyone fancy a large one

NG x

Me please...How are you NG?

Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by purple80

Me please...How are you NG?
Long time no speak, have 2

I am ok, being lazy actually

Thursday my Mum arrives so that will be good.

What about you, where are you now

NG xx
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Thats good then.......its been either hurling it down or warm here today......can't make its mind up.....

Lorna......I'm around your way in a couple of weeks I think.......if you are where I think you are.......
are you coming on holiday -------- not many holiday makers here .... unless they are at lake Garda
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:51 pm

NG xx
at home - tin pot village at foot of mountains - or near as dammit - little boy still with plaster cast.

Hoping to go away to sea for a week in September ......... would have been doing it now but seems pointless to go to seaside when little one cannot swim and if he gets sand down his plaster cast I think the itch will be infernal.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:52 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
are you coming on holiday -------- not many holiday makers here .... unless they are at lake Garda
Yep thats where we are going Lake Garda after visiting friends down near Lucca

....we went last year and enjoyed it.........
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:55 pm

it's nice around Lake Garda but it's so vast I don't know all the different spots of it ..... I do particularly like Sirmione though - lovely old walled mediaeval place with no centre traffic and the old ruins of Catullo.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:57 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

NG xx
Just sent you a PM, in the UK still until the 24th.........
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:01 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

it's nice around Lake Garda but it's so vast I don't know all the different spots of it ..... I do particularly like Sirmione though - lovely old walled mediaeval place with no centre traffic and the old ruins of Catullo.
Yes its a long way round !!! we like Bardelino area and Sirmione.....its dominated by a lot of Germans in Summer but as we move down to Tuscany they tend to disappear.....we are hoping to hire a boat of some sort for a couple of days at Garda...

...how far away from Garda are you?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:06 pm

Yes its a long way round !!! we like Bardelino area and Sirmione.....its dominated by a lot of Germans in Summer but as we move down to Tuscany they tend to disappear.....we are hoping to hire a boat of some sort for a couple of days at Garda...

about an hour - maybe slightly more depending on roadworks and how many bloody lorries are taking up two lanes of traffic - my nearest point of the lake that is and not the top half.

I live where the motorway finishes as the project that was started donkeys years ago to take it through the mountains fell apart at the seams - or they ran out of money or some such .......... don't know why as we pay for the damn bloody motorways and it's not cheap these days either.

Anyway - exactly where am I .... small place called Piovene Rocchette. look for Vicenza on the map - then Schio and Thiene and Piovene is in the middle of them .
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

at home - tin pot village at foot of mountains - or near as dammit - little boy still with plaster cast.

Hoping to go away to sea for a week in September ......... would have been doing it now but seems pointless to go to seaside when little one cannot swim and if he gets sand down his plaster cast I think the itch will be infernal.
Give him a hug from me & take a bottle for yourself

Ng x
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:10 pm

the germans only tend to get as far as lake garda.

From what i can gather and from what I've heard they don't often go further than that but some of them do go to a place called Grado.

But Lake Garda is the ONLY place I've been to here where everything is predominantly in Italian and then German rather than any other language.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:12 pm

Give him a hug from me & take a bottle for yourself

Ng x
thanks - was actually keeping bottle by my side but have realised that it warms up too quickly - so have to keep going back to fridge.

It's my only excercise - get up - walk - fill glass - walk back - sit down again.

Suppose i could do some buttock clenching whilst sat here but who really does that ?????
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:18 pm
No really, it doesn't

the germans only tend to get as far as lake garda.

From what i can gather and from what I've heard they don't often go further than that but some of them do go to a place called Grado.

But Lake Garda is the ONLY place I've been to here where everything is predominantly in Italian and then German rather than any other language.
Garda is only a hop skip and jump through Innsbruck for a lot of Germans.......yes and I think some of the Tuscan villages we are going to were hideouts for partisans during the war and so its difficult for them to forget what happened still...........
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:19 pm
No really, it doesn't

Suppose i could do some buttock clenching whilst sat here but who really does that ?????
thats way too much exercise........don't do it !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.