Lunchtime Choices

Old Aug 4th 2014, 10:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Blackened cajun style catfish eaten in Cajun country. To keep the link to Canada they were accompanied by sweet potato fries.
I once went to place in the south called Uncle Bud's All You Can Eat Catfish. They bought you something called "fixins" when you first sit down.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 7:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Leek soup and meatballs with penne in mushroom sauce, parmesan.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 7:12 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

The balls of which meat?

Originally Posted by caretaker
Leek soup and meatballs with penne in mushroom sauce, parmesan.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 7:20 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

A seafood pasta salad with with squid and baby octopuses in it and I not sharing.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 7:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
A seafood pasta salad with with squid and baby octopuses in it and I not sharing.
Squids are good fishermen because they have ten-tackles.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 5:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm supposed to meet my friend in an hour and go to N'goc Van for lunch. Not too sure but I'm leaning toward the stewed beef rice noodle pho' - alts could be duck or my standby beef sate'.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-img1129.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:44 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

The secret is the little foil packets of twigs from the apple orchard next door thrown down on the burner shield. Teryaki marinated pork ribs with a local sauce (Mum's Darn Hot). In what passes for a Martha Stewart moment the smoke roasted pepper became a boat for potato salad.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-20140824_140540_resized.jpg   Lunchtime Choices-20140824_141507_resized.jpg  
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Pulled pork sandwich from Hammer's House of Hog just up the road.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:41 pm

Pulled pork sandwich from Hammer's House of Hog just up the road.
I'm sure its tastes nice but I've really understood the fascination of pulled or shredded pork? Wouldn't a nice juicy slice of pork with the crackling on it be nicer?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:59 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Four chocolate Hob Nobs.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm sure its tastes nice but I've really understood the fascination of pulled or shredded pork? Wouldn't a nice juicy slice of pork with the crackling on it be nicer?
I'm going to guess he shreds it because as it comes out of the smoker the flavour isn't evenly distributed, the bark will have the most and the centre of the shoulder or whatever piece it is will hold less smoke. Just my theory. It makes a nice nest for the sauce and slaw too. Hammer is from Saskatchewan originally and a good Riders fan and the bbq is top notch (he used to have a website but uses fb now).
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:26 pm

I'm going to guess he shreds it because as it comes out of the smoker the flavour isn't evenly distributed, the bark will have the most and the centre of the shoulder or whatever piece it is will hold less smoke. Just my theory. It makes a nice nest for the sauce and slaw too. Hammer is from Saskatchewan originally and a good Riders fan and the bbq is top notch (he used to have a website but uses fb now).
That's relatively local. I'll check it out if I'm ever out that way.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:54 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

On topic...

Anyone for pulled chicken? - Features - Food + Drink - The Independent
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:58 pm

Hmm, I'm not convinced.

Still today, because all this Bolshevist talk about Fitbits and stuff, I trundled off to Nando's for my lunch.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 11:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I'm not convinced.

Still today, because all this Bolshevist talk about Fitbits and stuff, I trundled off to Nando's for my lunch.
Not convinced either. Pulled meat ruins the texture IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.