Groceries

Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:19 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Abbreviating beetroot to 'beets' is perhaps just N.American laziness when it comes to language...
Or possibly not bothering to learn the language is just laziness on the part of immigrants. The notion that anything British is "proper" and anything contrary is incorrect is quaint, and reminds me of my dear Aunt Madeline (bless her soul). She was my favourite Aunt, but quite eccentric.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If someone asked me for beetroot it would throw me off for a moment, I think I would realize though they want beets, never heard beetroot used before, also had no idea there were more than one kind, always thought beets were just red ones you buy in the store that grandma always made but nobody ever ate...lol

Originally Posted by caretaker
Nobody but Brits calls it beetroot, they're beets, same as carrots aren't called carrot-root, parsnips aren't called parsnip-root, etc.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If someone asked me for beetroot it would throw me off for a moment, I think I would realize though they want beets, never heard beetroot used before, also had no idea there were more than one kind, always thought beets were just red ones you buy in the store that grandma always made but nobody ever ate...lol
It's not a proper Aussie burger unless it has beetroot

Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...
It is! And so is lunch and dinner An 'Aussie burger with the lot' is very democratic, it can be eaten by anyone, at any time.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:52 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Beetroot notwithstand, that is one very fine looking burger !! It's so tall though I think you'd need a knife and fork to handle it.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness, how do you eat that thing...lol

Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Shard
Beetroot notwithstand, that is one very fine looking burger !! It's so tall though I think you'd need a knife and fork to handle it.
I probably only eat one two times a year max, but when I do I sort of dismantle it and eat it bit by bit. Chefie types would call it a deconstructed burger The beetroot's usually the first to go, I love it but usually only eat home made.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Same way you eat an elephant
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Same way you eat an elephant
I might be inclined to clear out the bottom 1/3 which is salad and eat it separately so I can get a bite at the rest.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I would deconstruct and pick at it with a knife and fork. I'm not good with the fingers thing.

MrBEVS would give it several hefty pats to squish it down and then just shove it in his gob & be unable to talk . Ugh!
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:55 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by BEVS
I would deconstruct and pick at it with a knife and fork. I'm not good with the fingers thing.
I use my fingers to eat whenever it's possible, and sometimes when it's not. Just in case people think I'm a total grot, I do always wash my hands before meals though!
Old Dec 5th 2019, 4:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Or possibly not bothering to learn the language is just laziness on the part of immigrants. The notion that anything British is "proper" and anything contrary is incorrect is quaint, and reminds me of my dear Aunt Madeline (bless her soul). She was my favourite Aunt, but quite eccentric.
Without the Brits there wouldn't have been any English language in Canada dahling; can't blame the colonials though, the English language has been bastardised for too many years for them to know any different.

Beets when speaking to a Canadian
Beetroot when speaking properly to a Brit.

Old Dec 5th 2019, 8:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Without the Brits there wouldn't have been any English language in Canada dahling; can't blame the colonials though, the English language has been bastardised for too many years for them to know any different.
True, the exploitative policies of colonial Britain, (which left it reviled as as oppressor world-wide), did indeed spread the language. Can't blame the British for the deterioration of their spoken English though, too many factors against them, innit?

Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

No Frills has refried beans for $2/can so stocked up and bought 10 cans.

I really love refried beans with some cheese, was something I ate often in the US since they are so cheap there, its a filling and cheap meal in the US and a US can is larger so can usually get 2 meals from 1 can there, so could easily have 2 meals for under $2 including a bit of cheese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.