Groceries

Old Apr 30th 2020, 12:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
thanks.

I have already given the guy a 5 star rating but there was nothing about the tip.
Just remembered something. Someone posted about "Tip Baiting" where mean folk start with a large tip to entice the shopper and then drop it (maybe even to zero) after the event. Curious, I googled and found an article on it.

I just remembered that within the article was a reference to being able to change the tip for some time after.

I just experimented with my Tuesday shop (2 days ago) and if I select it from the order summary, it says order complete and there's a solid green button "view rating" and the first option that came up is to change the tip. I had already increased it and now I could do it again.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 12:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Having got my online grocery shopping routine all sorted, I just made a discovery.

There's another option to Instacart which does Superstore, Superstore Wholesale, Walmart, M&Ms and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Some years ago Sobeys bought up the Co-op supermarkets, closing some and converting others to IGA. We have one in Dieppe which is really greater Moncton. The good news is they deliver.

The better news is they do have flyer prices. The even better news is the stuff they sell that the others don't.

Oh yes...and they appear to deliver wine too, something instacart doesn't - here at least.
Fool that I am I forgot to include some in my experimental order. Unlike instacart, orders can't be amended.

Last edited by BristolUK; Apr 30th 2020 at 1:32 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just remembered something. Someone posted about "Tip Baiting" where mean folk start with a large tip to entice the shopper and then drop it (maybe even to zero) after the event. Curious, I googled and found an article on it.

I just remembered that within the article was a reference to being able to change the tip for some time after.

I just experimented with my Tuesday shop (2 days ago) and if I select it from the order summary, it says order complete and there's a solid green button "view rating" and the first option that came up is to change the tip. I had already increased it and now I could do it again.
I was concerned about ‘tip baiting’ in reverse, because of the 5% tip. I spent less than $100, because it was a trial run to see if they would cock my order up again,` therefore his tip was less than $5. Embarrassing that he shopped, used his own vehicle to deliver the goods for less than $5.

the only page I got was the one with the star rating. There was nothing else and no tab to go further.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 1:29 pm
Oscar nominated

I was concerned about ‘tip baiting’ in reverse, because of the 5% tip. I spent less than $100, because it was a trial run to see if they would cock my order up again,` therefore his tip was less than $5. Embarrassing that he shopped, used his own vehicle to deliver the goods for less than $5.

the only page I got was the one with the star rating. There was nothing else and no tab to go further.
But maybe you can go back now and change it if I still can for two days ago. It might still work but I imagine where you are there are so many 'shoppers' you'll probably not get the same one again. One bloke has done us three times, another twice and there have been about 4 others.

Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long it takes Instacart to refund? They put 2 'holds' on my credit card but neither of the 2 amounts reflect the refund deduction.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They told me 5 -10 biz days for refunds to appear.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 2:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you log in and go to your orders then find your latest order and click on 'view detail' and then on 'view rating' - it takes you to where you can change the tip

Old Apr 30th 2020, 3:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Does anyone know how long it takes Instacart to refund? They put 2 'holds' on my credit card but neither of the 2 amounts reflect the refund deduction.
I've not had one where the actual 'shop' fell short of the original debit, if that's what you mean - I keep adding stuff to the original list - but the refund on my first order (where the choice of substitute was poor - useless to me - and value was short of what I'd paid) was 7 days after my emailed complaint.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 3:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you go to the lobby to meet the delivery person or do they come to your door? You can give them a cash tip at the time of delivery. This is what I did with lunch orders where the restaurant added the tip to my bill. Never trusted them to give the tip to the delivery person.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 3:43 pm
Banned

I've not had one where the actual 'shop' fell short of the original debit, if that's what you mean - I keep adding stuff to the original list - but the refund on my first order (where the choice of substitute was poor - useless to me - and value was short of what I'd paid) was 7 days after my emailed complaint.
Yes, I had more than $50 worth of items that were either not purchased at all or where the replacement was of no use to me.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 4:40 pm
Oscar nominated

The BristolUK guide to getting the most out of Instacart

First off, consider paying the $10 a month. The delivery fee ($4 or $6 for fast/flexible) is then not charged. The sneaky service fee which is normally 5% is then only 2%

So, if you shop $100 twice in a month ($200) the express category will cost $10 plus the 2% fee of $4. So $200 plus $14 plus tips.
Without express that would be $200, plus 2 delivery fees @$4 = $8 and then 5% = $10, so altogether $218 plus tips.
It's not a huge difference but it's a bigger saving if you spend more or shop more often. Or both.

Refunds. To allow for extra purchases, Instacart takes a bit more than your order. If you don't make extra purchases, a refund is needed. That appears to be taking a week a more. So consider ordering less than you want when you confirm the order.

I typically order about $45 every few days. I make the tip a fixed amount of $5. Instacart takes $60.
Then as the day gets closer and I find more things I'd like, I add stuff to the list so when the shop begins it's more like $75. It's unlikely a refund will be needed so no waiting for it.

I make sure I have the page open when the shopper begins. The way they use the app varies from shopper to shopper. Some introduce themselves, some don't. Sometimes you get a suggested alternative to accept or reject, sometimes not. But you can still do it in the chatbox.

If it turns out to be a good experience (a helpful shopper) or my order doubled in size - - I tell the shopper in the chatbox that the original tip was based on a lower amount or that they were very good and that I'm increasing it. (I actually had one tell me that she was happy to help )

Telling them the tip is increased from what they may have originally noted is my safeguard against the point made by Rete above; it also lets the shopper know I'm not a skinflint - - and, most importantly, lets them know that they are appreciated and that not everyone is out to take advantage of them.
And if it went well for me and they were happy, maybe I get them again.

Because Instacart shops at different supermarkets I find that with smaller 'shops' I can make significant savings. With my coffee of choice alone I save $8 by getting it at 'wholesale' rather than Superstore.

The smaller, twice a week shop, also allows you to buy what's needed, when needed. You know, for example, that if you buy one lettuce, it's gone 3 or 4 days later but if you buy two, the second one maybe limp before the week is over.

Some things they have a heavy item charge. If I buy a week's supply, the fee is added. If I split it in half for each order, there's no heavy fee.

Finally, although they don't use flyer prices, you can still see, for example, that the leg of lamb is $15 cheaper from the other store so make your order accordingly.

That's probably not all but it's what I can think of right now.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 5:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you log in and go to your orders then find your latest order and click on 'view detail' and then on 'view rating' - it takes you to where you can change the tip

this is what I see and there is no mention of tips.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 5th 2020 at 6:38 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 6:31 pm
Oscar nominated

this is what I see and there is no mention of tips.
Completely different appearance to mine.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 7:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Completely different appearance to mine.
and to Siouxie’s...very odd.
Old Apr 30th 2020, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

You can now get your dope delivered by courier too.
https://www.interpol.int/en/News-and...D-19-lockdowns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.