Groceries

Old May 9th 2020, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by MillieF
I find this is very true for all of us presently. I know Oink started a thread with regard to weight and I have to say ours as a family is decreasing. We just aren’t eating much.

Bananas are something I have to buy once weekly, we go through a lot of apples too. Bread purchase has gone down dramatically as nobody is taking sandwiches to work...or leftovers.
I haven't lost much weight if any, but I haven't even eaten anything at all today and its 2pm, yesterday I had eggs and some bacon, and I think that was it, maybe a burrito, haven't eaten fast food in 2+ months.

I guess though when there is so little to do, body doesn't need as much energy, I was thinking back to how much I used to eat working at the airport, so much food, but then I guess when being so active and physical more energy is needed and thus more food.
Old May 9th 2020, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don’t think people should be allowed in shops if they are not wearing a mask. It is usually those people that seem to ignore social distancing,
T&T markets are requiring masks and apparently even doing temperature checks. Although I don't know what temperature they use to determine if you have a fever. Air Canada will begin temperature checks as well, 99.6 and above can't fly.

I have been trying to find a mask but haven't been able to find a reusable one anywhere, although we have a couple cheap disposable ones but they wont last long, they don't seem effective for anything really considering how cheap and thin they are.

I couldn't spend hours on a plane in a mask though, so I will decline to fly until such a time masks are not necessary.
Old May 9th 2020, 9:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
T&T markets are requiring masks and apparently even doing temperature checks. Although I don't know what temperature they use to determine if you have a fever. Air Canada will begin temperature checks as well, 99.6 and above can't fly.

I have been trying to find a mask but haven't been able to find a reusable one anywhere, although we have a couple cheap disposable ones but they wont last long, they don't seem effective for anything really considering how cheap and thin they are.

I couldn't spend hours on a plane in a mask though, so I will decline to fly until such a time masks are not necessary.
reuse the disposable ones...put kitchen towel, coffee filters, tissues inside. Anything has got to better than nothing IMO.
Old May 9th 2020, 9:58 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think people should be allowed in shops if they are not wearing a mask. It is usually those people that seem to ignore social distancing,
I think that's coming shortly with other restrictions being lifted gradually.

...I have been trying to find a mask but haven't been able to find a reusable one anywhere, although we have a couple cheap disposable ones but they wont last long...
Finding a reliable source would be nice.
I ordered some on Amazon - as did a few others - and I had the usual notice to say they'd been sent, followed by Amazon advising the seller was no longer trading and to apply for the refund if they didn't arrive. I hoped they had been sent before ceasing trading but it quickly became obvious it was all a scam from the beginning. Of course I got my refund but it wasted a few weeks when I could have been trying elsewhere.

Last week there was a whole bunch on Walmart.ca and it seems the same thing has happened there with tracking information that proves meaningless. I'm not expecting them to arrive either. Walmart seems to have increased its use of 3rd party sellers and judging by this order and a previous one they're not proving very reliable.

So where does one get masks from? Any kind. I'd rather not be cutting up clothes or tying hankies around my face. If I had one big enough. Hankie, not face.
Old May 9th 2020, 10:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Last Friday i ordered 2 of these from Calgary so should be here next week.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WHITE-Washab...YAAOSwKsRep1Pm
Old May 11th 2020, 5:49 am
Account Closed

The pick up service at Super Store is not bad, seem more likely to get everything you order as well. Do have to pick it up, but they put it all in the trunk and there is no contact with the employees except by phone, ends up cheaper by $10-$12 dollar due to no tip and at least this time around no pick up fee.

Old May 13th 2020, 5:58 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Did I misunderstand Bristol on the Coronavirus thread, did he say that Costco sells wine and beer?
Old May 13th 2020, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Did I misunderstand Bristol on the Coronavirus thread, did he say that Costco sells wine and beer?
It does but in a separate building (as in you must exit one before you can enter the other, you cannot go from one into the other) to the one where you can buy the other stuff.

Also you don't need to be a Costco member to be able to use the liquor store.
Old May 13th 2020, 8:41 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
It does but in a separate building (as in you must exit one before you can enter the other, you cannot go from one into the other) to the one where you can buy the other stuff.

Also you don't need to be a Costco member to be able to use the liquor store.
Wow! It doesn’t do it here. Thank you.
Old May 13th 2020, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Not in BC they don't.

When I go see my mom and we got to Costco in California, the amount of booze in the store is crazy, they also sell live lobster and crabs and other seafood that I haven't seen in BC stores.

Old May 13th 2020, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not in BC they don't.

When I go see my mom and we got to Costco in California, the amount of booze in the store is crazy, they also sell live lobster and crabs and other seafood that I haven't seen in BC stores.
in some Costco stores in NJ they sell alcohol...others don’t. Depends on the county bylaws.
Old May 13th 2020, 9:47 am
Account Closed

in some Costco stores in NJ they sell alcohol...others don’t. Depends on the county bylaws.
Yeah like Canada, US is hit and miss. Alcohol is regulated at state level in California with a few exceptions, so pretty much every Costco sells it, grocery stores, gas stations, 7/11, corner stores, liquor store, Target sells wine and beer usually. Booze can be sold 20 hours a day in California, no sales allowed 2am to 6am.

As far as I know California doesn't allow drive thru liquor stores, when I lived in Arizona back in 2000-2001, I was surprised to see such a thing, not sure if its still allowed in Arizona or not though. California though is pretty liberal when it comes to booze.

Old May 13th 2020, 9:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to Costco. I did mention that our IGA supermarket sold and delivered wine & beer.
Old May 15th 2020, 6:06 am
Oscar nominated

I gave feedback (not a survey or rating) to Instacart about a couple of website features - one that's disappeared and a new one that didn't work.

They responded within an hour and gave me a $5 credit I wasn't even complaining about anything.
Old May 16th 2020, 1:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

48 Pilsner from the liquor store, and 24 Big Rock apple cider from storage at work. So far the food is holding out ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.