Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Fundamentalism - What to do about Islamic....

Fundamentalism - What to do about Islamic....

Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fundamentalism - What to do about Islamic....

I stated I wouldn't return to the Paris attack thread.

So what can we do about the pickle we find ourselves in?

I have some views that I could share immediately, but I'll leave this with you for starters, the WEST makes our countries very attractive to folk from the Middle East and North Africa, why don't we make it less attractive so that they sto coming? How could we do that......

Starters, legislation to ban halal meat, all animals to be slaughtered with the least stress on the animal, no face veils, stop building mosques, no Islamic schools, no Islamic laws..... Oh, it doesnt suit you? You need these things? Find another country to live in, this is our country and its not changing anymore.

Anymore anybody? Or do we wait for the blood bath?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fundamentalism - What to do about Islamic....

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef

I have some views that I could share immediately, but I'll leave this with you for starters, the WEST makes our countries very attractive to folk from the Middle East and North Africa, why don't we make it less attractive so that they sto coming? How could we do that......

Starters, legislation to ban halal meat, all animals to be slaughtered with the least stress on the animal, no face veils, stop building mosques, no Islamic schools, no Islamic laws..... Oh, it doesnt suit you? You need these things? Find another country to live in, this is our country and its not changing anymore.

Where are the muslims born in [insert name of western country] to go to worship? Or are you arguing that such buildings of other faiths are not permitted either?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Stop building them, not knock them down. You can be a Christian, budist or Hindu in Saudi, and you may choose to follow your faith, no church's or temples though. We are not accommodated, why should we accommodate them?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:17 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Starters, legislation to ban halal meat, all animals to be slaughteried with the least stress on the animal, no face veils, stop building mosques, no Islamic schools, no Islamic laws..... Oh, it doesnt suit you? You need these things? Find another country to live in, this is our country and its not changing anymore.

Your post makes me wonder why anyone would want to write something that paints them in such a bad way? You really might not be all that vile in real life..
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Your post makes me wonder why anyone would want to write something that paints them in such a bad way? You really might not be all that vile in real life..
Yeah right. Why don't you apply yourself to one of the world biggest problems and stop throwing insults about. Apply yourself.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding it hard to critique such a well thought out proposal. Well done OP.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:28 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah right. Why don't you apply yourself to one of the world biggest problems and stop throwing insults about. Apply yourself.
Genuinely this is not the world's biggest problem.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:29 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

So you're prepared to completely undo the tenets of Western democracy, then? In the name of protecting your little bubble of "civilization" you would forego freedom of association, freedom of religion, not to mention the right to exercise free choice in what to wear or what to eat?

This, I suppose, is the dilemma facing the West. Our values necessarily accommodate individuals who do not actually share those values. But that absolutely does not mean that we should stop offering those values to all people, irrespective of their own beliefs. We can vilify and if necessary prosecute individuals who break the law, but it's a very short step from what you are suggesting to the kind of ethnically- or religiously-based superiority argument against an entire belief system that would quickly invoke Godwin's law <he says, nimbly stepping back from the brink...>
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:36 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

France did just that, they began to ban the face covered Burka, head scarfs and other Islamic items. It isn't working.

The scum still want the freedoms that the west gives with the changes that Islam can enforce on western society
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know this is contraversal, it is thought provoking and is not meant to be insulting.

If you can't keep up TT, let folks know what you are having for lunch and post it, thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:44 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Some freedoms aren't really necessary. Shutting down a bunch of mosques and chruches isn't that big a deal and I can still do the things I like so what's the problem?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Stop building them, not knock them down. You can be a Christian, budist or Hindu in Saudi, and you may choose to follow your faith, no church's or temples though. We are not accommodated, why should we accommodate them?
We do not live in "Saudi" so what does it matter what they do, or do not permit?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think Matt rather sums it up nicely.

Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Any Islam sympathy lefties here want to try to defend this ???

ISIS Beheaded A Street Magician
Old Jan 8th 2015, 7:00 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
but it's a very short step from what you are suggesting to the kind of ethnically- or religiously-based superiority argument against an entire belief system that would quickly invoke Godwin's law <he says, nimbly stepping back from the brink...>
The problem with Godwin's Law is that doesn't differentiate between a valid use of the analogy and a preposterous one. It shuts down speech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.