This is frightening

Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:11 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is frightening

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Tolerant my arse! You're not tolerant of anyone having a different opinion to yours and when they voice it you appoint yourself as the free speech police and hurl a politically correct accusation stone of "xenophobe" at them to shut them up.

Like DG said, Get over yourself!
Huh? I see myself as tolerant to other nationalities, religions, ethnic groups, immigrants etc. As I said I will argue against opinions that I view as offensive or dangerous. You are the one labelling my views as politically correct. I stand by my opinion that many opinions expressed on here are xenophobic. I never appointed myself as anything.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Free speech is fine, but I will continue to object to opinions that I see as unfounded and based on ignorance and racial prejudice - something that we unfortunately seem to be seeing far more of recently on here.

Oh do shut up, I find your accusation ignorant and racist.

There, how did that feel?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Huh? I see myself as tolerant to other nationalities, religions, ethnic groups, immigrants etc. As I said I will argue against opinions that I view as offensive or dangerous. You are the one labelling my views as politically correct. I stand by my opinion that many opinions expressed on here are xenophobic. I never appointed myself as anything.

And I stand by my opinion that you are a self righteous stifler of free speech. If I want to comment on the youtube in the OP and express concerns about radical Islam I shall, and your accusation of "xenophobe" means diddly squat.

"Tolerate" that because if you don't like it, hard luck.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:15 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh do shut up, I find your accusation ignorant and racist
in what way was it racist?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:16 am

And I stand by my opinion that you are a self righteous stifler of free speech..
How am I stifling free speech?

I am just posting on here the same as you or anyone else. I thought we were debating?

Confused.....
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:17 am

"Tolerate" that because if you don't like it, hard luck.
And I still believe you are xenophobic. It doesn't worry me, just saddens me.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

And I still believe you are xenophobic. It doesn't worry me, just saddens me.

I don't care what you believe and I don't care how much it saddens you. Ok?

Call me a racist all you like but it's based on your own ignorance because you don't know me from Eve and are not in a position to judge me by your own self appointed self righteous opinion.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Freaking fantastically said DG! Thanks for saying EXACTLY what I genuinely think!
Thanks Elizabeth,I never in my life thought I was racist, if anything i would have been the one to defend the Underdog, but i am really now fed up with the PC going on in the forums here. What I am hearing on these forums are helping to bring britain to its knees, and I am not prepared to sit back and listen to the S$$t on here from the wee men that are not fighting for their country,( and have not a good word to say about it,) but chose to leave their country for another, that is fine, great,but please do not rubbish where you came from,,,, shame on you, YOUR BRITISH SOLDIERS are out there fighting for you shame on you for those that have turned their backs on them . of course enjoy your life and another country, I have no problem with that, (i have done it) but who are you kidding??? your birthplace is your birthplace i have no time for people who only have time for their NEW country,to the detriment of their old, I'll never forget my roots, its who I am and my kids and grandkids, thats important to me, and I want to be able to hand my ancestory down to my grandkids now before its too late, snd you know, at this point in time is damn interesting, have got photocopies of my dads journey to US in 1929 and his name on the ships itinerary sorry but quite proud.... Denise
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

sonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nicesonofcanadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
The PREVENT programme has been allocated $140Million by the UK Government.
Yes but the figure he is talking about is £1bn, so quite a bit more, also all comes from the same pot, council tax might be collected locally, but it then goes straight to central government.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:23 am

I don't care what you believe and I don't care how much it saddens you. Ok?

Call me a racist all you like but it's based on your own ignorance because you don't know me from Eve.
But you did care as you accused me of stifling free speech, something I never attempted to do.

I also never called you a racist, being a xenophobe is rather different.

You are correct that I don't know you except from your postings on here, but these have made your views clear.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Oink
Yes, but why be frightened and why not ask this question in the political section as its obviously just an exercise in trolling.
Why are you accusing me of trolling? I have seen other posts on this forum with just a link so why was this different? I thought this was a British Expats site where some people still have some interest in their mother country and might find it interesting. (And I didn't realize there was a political section)
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Thanks Elizabeth,I never in my life thought I was racist, if anything i would have been the one to defend the Underdog, but i am really now fed up with the PC going on in the forums here. What I am hearing on these forums are helping to bring britain to its knees, and I am not prepared to sit back and listen to the S$$t on here from the wee men that are not fighting for their country,( and have not a good word to say about it,) but chose to leave their country for another, that is fine, great,but please do not rubbish where you came from,,,, shame on you, YOUR BRITISH SOLDIERS are out there fighting for you shame on you for those that have turned their backs on them . of course enjoy your life and another country, I have no problem with that, (i have done it) but who are you kidding??? your birthplace is your birthplace i have no time for people who only have time for their NEW country,to the detriment of their old, I'll never forget my roots, its who I am and my kids and grandkids, thats important to me, and I want to be able to hand my ancestory down to my grandkids now before its too late, snd you know, at this point in time is damn interesting, have got photocopies of my dads journey to US in 1929 and his name on the ships itinerary sorry but quite proud.... Denise

I'm with you DG. You're not a racist, I'm so sick to the back teeth of not even being able to say anything in case the PC police tell me to shut up.

Anyway, I appreciate what you have to say if that means anything, sweets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...tolerance.html
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

But you did care as you accused me of stifling free speech, something I never attempted to do.

I also never called you a racist, being a xenophobe is rather different.

You are correct that I don't know you except from your postings on here, but these have made your views clear.

No they haven't, not even close, so don't presume to know who I am because you certainly don't.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:34 am

Thanks Elizabeth,I never in my life thought I was racist, if anything i would have been the one to defend the Underdog, but i am really now fed up with the PC going on in the forums here.
Because people have different views to you does not make them 'PC' - whatever you mean by this?

What I am hearing on these forums are helping to bring britain to its knees,
How am I doing this? Unlike you I love the UK (and also Canada) and I cant see any opinion on an internet forum being responsible for anything?

and I am not prepared to sit back and listen to the S$$t on here from the wee men that are not fighting for their country,( and have not a good word to say about it,) but chose to leave their country for another, that is fine, great,but please do not rubbish where you came from,,,, shame on you,,
Hang on, I think I was defending the UK - you were the one moaning about it? I have never rubbished the UK - indeed if things change I would happily live back there in the future.

YOUR BRITISH SOLDIERS are out there fighting for you shame on you for those that have turned their backs on them . of course enjoy your life and another country,,
Now I have lost the plot. When did anyone mention the UK military in this?

I have no problem with that, (i have done it) but who are you kidding??? your birthplace is your birthplace i have no time for people who only have time for their NEW country,to the detriment of their old, I'll never forget my roots, its who I am and my kids and grandkids, thats important to me, and I want to be able to hand my ancestory down to my grandkids now before its too late, snd you know, at this point in time is damn interesting, have got photocopies of my dads journey to US in 1929 and his name on the ships itinerary sorry but quite proud.... Denise
Not sure what your point is here. I love the UK in all its diversity. Not that it is relevant but I have my grandfathers military medal from WW1 and his commerative silver from when he was killed in a pit disaster in 1941. I like to think he fought and died for the kind of Britain we have today - a tolerant, diverse, welcoming and inclusive one.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:36 am

No they haven't, not even close, so don't presume to know who I am because you certainly don't.
So your posts on here don't represent your views?

Now I am even more confused...

What are your views then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.