This is frightening

Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:09 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is frightening

Originally Posted by dgjamison
you really are the one with a problem, everytime I see something posted by you it says the same thing, that we are all xenophobia, (see I can spell it too!!!) get over it, what is free speach in your opinion? Would love to know as at this point in time it seems every other nationality can voice thier opinion and thats OK, when it comes to Britian, open your mouth to say what you genuinly think (even when it's not meant to be racist it is made out to be racist dosent matter if half of the population agrees with you its politically impolite to disagree with all other nations????) It has gone too far now I for one am sick of not being able to voice my opinion without it being taken out of context and made into a racist slur??? That is exactly what is wrong with a lot of the western world today. I wish some of the extremists would tell their people they are racist.... would'nt that make a difference???
Wow, although I can't understand all of this, it's quite a post. What problem do I have (apart from being tolerant, which I see as a virtue)? Free speech is fine, but I will continue to object to opinions that I see as unfounded and based on ignorance and racial prejudice - something that we unfortunately seem to be seeing far more of recently on here.
I applaud countries that welcome ethnic and racial diversity and behave decently towards asylum seekers.

I am curious as to what exactly you think is wrong with the western world and what you would like it to look like?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Wow, although I can't understand all of this, it's quite a post. What problem do I have (apart from being tolerant, which I see as a virtue)? Free speech is fine, but I will continue to object to opinions that I see as unfounded and based on ignorance and racial prejudice - something that we unfortunately seem to be seeing far more of recently on here.
I applaud countries that welcome ethnic and racial diversity and behave decently towards asylum seekers.

I am curious as to what exactly you think is wrong with the western world and what you would like it to look like?
Well let me see....
I think I and GB as a whole are more tolerant than a lot of other countries, i.e. USA, Russia, Afganistan, Iran, to name but a few.
free speach should be allowed to all including uk, lets remember the speaches of hate that spewed from the mouths of the extremists, (extremists that were on benifits payed by the taxpayers of britain!!!! to kill all christains,,, is this racist in reverse????) I only ask as I have lived in britain the last 26 years and have seen the disintegration of the british way of life, (is that why most of the people here emigrated )I have every sympathy with the honest and tortured asylum seekers, they are the ones who do have my full support, and want to help whole heartedly, but I draw the line when it gets to the point that we are allowing everyone else to speak their minds and we are racist if we do because we are british, well I do no apologise for my anglo saxton heritage, as I would be disgusted with another nation not recoginising theirs, and I appreciate and am interested in learning other peoples heritage, am really interested at the moment in australian aboriginal heritage.
I would really like the western world to hold its head up and yes be tolorant of everyone else, but also make everyone else tolorant of the wests beliefs as well. You must then appauld Britain as she has welcomed all nationalities to her shores, and to some extent has been made a fool of to the rest of the world because of it, as she is too tolorant for her own good IMO hope that answers your questions
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:37 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I only ask as I have lived in britain the last 26 years and have seen the disintegration of the british way of life, (is that why most of the people here emigrated )
Can you be specific as to what you mean by the disintegration of the British way of life? I was born in the UK and spent most of my life there and would find this very hard to define, even if I felt it appropriate or necessary to do so.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Can you be specific as to what you mean by the disintegration of the British way of life? I was born in the UK and spent most of my life there and would find this very hard to define, even if I felt it appropriate or necessary to do so.
before I answer can you tell me when you last lived in Britain?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:41 am

before I answer can you tell me when you last lived in Britain?
June 2009
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:42 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

June 2009
...but a lot's changed since then.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

June 2009
whole communities have broken down, there is a drink and drug culture, in britain that breaks my heart, I hear of senior citizens mugged robbed and beaten, kids neglected while parents go to the pub... kids abused, as kids are having kids and don't know how to take care of them, but are given priority in housing ect:. Kids being paid to have kids???? I will explain if you don't get the picture. A claims culture, this never was heard of when I was young?? Racial hatred amongst gang culture, kids getting killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time i.e riding a bike down their road in broad daylight this is just a few of the social problems that is happening in Britian today. I know when I was young it was not eutopia, but their was a pride in our country, and homes, now people are being paid for being lazy, this to me had been the start of the disintigration of the Briish way of life IMO
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsmith
...but a lot's changed since then.
Oh really and when did you imigrate prey tell???
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh really and when did you imigrate prey tell???
excuse spelling typing too fast for my own good !!!!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:19 am

whole communities have broken down, there is a drink and drug culture, in britain that breaks my heart, I hear of senior citizens mugged robbed and beaten, kids neglected while parents go to the pub... kids abused, as kids are having kids and don't know how to take care of them, but are given priority in housing ect:. Kids being paid to have kids???? I will explain if you don't get the picture. A claims culture, this never was heard of when I was young?? Racial hatred amongst gang culture, kids getting killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time i.e riding a bike down their road in broad daylight this is just a few of the social problems that is happening in Britian today. I know when I was young it was not eutopia, but their was a pride in our country, and homes, now people are being paid for being lazy, this to me had been the start of the disintigration of the Briish way of life IMO
Wow, things have really changed since last June if this is as bad and widespread as you suggest - I am assuming of course that you have personal experience of all of these? Do you really believe people aspire or want a life on benefits?

Seriously, are these things simply not, on the whole, a function of poverty, social deprivation and inequality - wherever in the world they occur?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:42 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

And you are heading back to this. Boggles my mind that you would consider this.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
And you are heading back to this. Boggles my mind that you would consider this.
Believe me if I could have my kids and grandkids here I would'nt dream of going back, for me Britain although I love it, is going down the drain, only my kids have really good jobs, and \I fear if they gave them up they would not get the same standard here as they would have to start at the bottom, so I can't tell them to give that up, wish I could, In my situation I have left it too late to come back here, I should have stayed all those years ago, and I know i would have been happy now with my family round me. Having said that I still love the auld sod and my loyalities will always be there, it was my childhood, and it was a great country, I will never class another country as my homeland ahead of it, This would have been my adopted country, and a very nice one thank you very much but adopted all the same
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow, things have really changed since last June if this is as bad and widespread as you suggest - I am assuming of course that you have personal experience of all of these? Do you really believe people aspire or want a life on benefits?

Seriously, are these things simply not, on the whole, a function of poverty, social deprivation and inequality - wherever in the world they occur?
lmartin, I returned to N.Ireland in 1985 from Canada, to look after my mum, my husband worked for the RUC police force, so saw a lot of things, then we opened our own business's. A bistro style BRO restaurant, and a deli/sandwich bar, it got too much for me when it got to the stage I could'nt get staff who wanted to work legit, they wanted paid under the table, to keep their benifits???? I just could not cope any more, I know of cases where couples lived together, but said they werent as they got more benifits saying they were seperated. I had employees tell me when they wanted to work as they had holidays booked 2-3 times a year, I was lucky after paying, wages, tax, vat, stock ect: to be able to go on one holiday a year!!!, the last resort came when we first started our business and were up to our necks in loans, my daughter was making her first communion, I borrowed a dress ect: for her, my employee spent then over £100 just on her daughters dress, not including accessories, thats when I thought" Hey who is the mug here" and got out. Is it a culture of people wanting to stay on benifit, Yes I think it is, I think there are now generatations of families who have never worked and schooled their kids on how to beat the system. as matter of fact on another thread (I'm sorry can't remember her name) but she is on this forum and was giving off about her brother in laws family all being on benifits and boasting about it, so ask her am I right or racist????I finally sold everything to look after my husband who's health went down hill I am talking heart surgery, anyeurisms ect: due to stress. Is it a benifit culture? you betcha, seen it all
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Is 'Eutopia' an EU version of Utopia?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Is 'Eutopia' an EU version of Utopia?
No spelling error!! Utopia ???? ok you like ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.