Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Flights are booked!!!

Flights are booked!!!

Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:43 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 42
chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by mandi moo View Post


See you soon x
we all need to meet up at manchester airport... when we have wiped our eyes after saying our goodbyes..... kim
chris kim is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:39 pm
  #17  
 
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 2,484
moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

WELL done mandi...cant believe it has come around so quick for you

WOW better let them know on the airlines that there is some VIP's coming in

No honest good luck, we have had a roller coaster this week, but tell you what " i feel at home.....no way am i going back, i feel at home and love it"

Kids have also made friends and they havent started school yet, they are doing there first half day today, will be great...shopping time for me

good luck and well try and get to calgary on a meet up

Gill and lot
moondevil is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:41 pm
  #18  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by moondevil View Post
WELL done mandi...cant believe it has come around so quick for you

WOW better let them know on the airlines that there is some VIP's coming in

No honest good luck, we have had a roller coaster this week, but tell you what " i feel at home.....no way am i going back, i feel at home and love it"

Kids have also made friends and they havent started school yet, they are doing there first half day today, will be great...shopping time for me

good luck and well try and get to calgary on a meet up

Gill and lot
Thanks Gill, im glad your first week is going well. Im looking forward to seeing everyone at the airport, it,ll be a right laugh, we can cry on eachothers shoulders then hit the duty free lol.
A meet up in November would be great!!
The airlines are saying we need a visa to land, we dont get ours till after we land, if i have all the documents will that be enough? Thats a new one to me
Butch.....Daz says woohoo, cant wait xx
mandi moo is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:09 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: St.Albert, AB
Posts: 246
zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by moondevil View Post
WELL done mandi...cant believe it has come around so quick for you

WOW better let them know on the airlines that there is some VIP's coming in

No honest good luck, we have had a roller coaster this week, but tell you what " i feel at home.....no way am i going back, i feel at home and love it"

Kids have also made friends and they havent started school yet, they are doing there first half day today, will be great...shopping time for me

good luck and well try and get to calgary on a meet up

Gill and lot

Congratulations Moondevil! you made it across the pond. Glad to hear you have settled so well in Lethbridge. We really liked it there. Green with envy now!!! take care from Zippy!
zippadydoda is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:20 pm
  #20  
 
Joined: Jan 1970
Posts: 2,484
moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by mandi moo View Post
Thanks Gill, im glad your first week is going well. Im looking forward to seeing everyone at the airport, it,ll be a right laugh, we can cry on eachothers shoulders then hit the duty free lol.
A meet up in November would be great!!
The airlines are saying we need a visa to land, we dont get ours till after we land, if i have all the documents will that be enough? Thats a new one to me
Butch.....Daz says woohoo, cant wait xx
Mandi who are flying with??
We had the e-lmo in hand and no visa, we also did one way flights as well.
PM me mandi if you need to

zippy where are you off to, the bridge is lovely and very friendly
moondevil is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:14 am
  #21  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by moondevil View Post
Mandi who are flying with??
We had the e-lmo in hand and no visa, we also did one way flights as well.
PM me mandi if you need to

zippy where are you off to, the bridge is lovely and very friendly
Canadian Affair, i have PM,d you
We did this last year, applied at POE for WP and it was ok aslong as you had all the paperwork etc, i was just wondering if anything had changed

Mandi xx
mandi moo is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:21 am
  #22  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Flights are booked!!!

By the way, anyone considering shipping just boxes over??? I am shipping 17 tea chest size over and 3 book boxes for dvds etc and have a price of only 860 pounds!!
All i am leaving behind are our big items. Daz wants to leave them and make sure we settle this time as they have been shipped back and fro a few times now
This way we get to take everything, even my coffee table and end table as they can be flat packed. I have to leave my settee which is old anyway and all the bedroom furniture and dining room table, but they are just material objects
The company we used are the london baggage company

E-mail:[email protected]
Internet: http://www.london-baggage.com/

Hope that helps someone xx
mandi moo is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:20 pm
  #23  
Lloydminster AB
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,059
kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

just seen your post and wanted to wish you all the best for 26th october

kate
kate white is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:57 am
  #24  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
Posts: 678
gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Hi mandi,
how's thing going.

Wow brilliant news about you booking and are off to start your new lives, didn't realise you were this close to going. Brilliant news and good luck to you all.
I take it your o\h passed red seal exam then???

We have had some bad news last weekend, the couple that put an offer in on our house, pulled out Friday, we were gutted to say the least. All the plans we coming together great, now back to square one

So want to get there for the kids really, get them settled. Me and Trace have been talking about maybe just her and the kids going and me stopping here to sell house. It's Trace that has Job, LMO and her work permit(waiting for it to come).

Horrible feeling to be waiting to sell again. Then I came across your post and remembered what you and yours went through and the determination you have to make it work and press on.

I wish you well and have fingers crossed for you and maybe we can actually meet up in Calgary when we get there ehhh???

Cheers to you all, take care,
Carl
gibbos1 is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:08 pm
  #25  
Forum Regular
 
fozzy33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 183
fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Hi Guys,

We booked our flights this morning, flying out 26th from Manchester heading to edmonton.

I was filling up trying to complete the booking, god knows what I will be like getting on the plane.

We are heading down to Manchester the day before so our goodbyes will be done the day before, so that should be a bit better.

Have sold the house to a buy to let person, have lost a packet, but we dont care now just want to get to Edmonton to start our new life.

Cant believe things seem to be happening so quickly now, after waiting for sooo many months.
fozzy33 is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:01 pm
  #26  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

It,ll work out Carl, you just have to keep going
Darren hasnt sat the exam yet, he has to go out and do a training course, but he isnt the guinea pig this time, they have all the right tutoring in place, thank god
He,s a bit worried about it, but im sure he,ll be fine this time and hes already swatting!!
Its harder going this time, my family seemed to think we had settled so they got a shock when i said we were going again , it,ll be fine though.
We are also going to manchester the day before and staying in the Bewley hotel, we stayed there last year and it was perfect and cheap.
All the paperworks goigng back and forth at the minute for work permits etc so ive been kept busy, next week i have all the packing to start, i cant see my birthday being much fun this year (20th) its only 5 days before we leave

xx
mandi moo is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:05 pm
  #27  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 42
chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by fozzy33 View Post
Hi Guys,

We booked our flights this morning, flying out 26th from Manchester heading to edmonton.

I was filling up trying to complete the booking, god knows what I will be like getting on the plane.

We are heading down to Manchester the day before so our goodbyes will be done the day before, so that should be a bit better.

Have sold the house to a buy to let person, have lost a packet, but we dont care now just want to get to Edmonton to start our new life.

Cant believe things seem to be happening so quickly now, after waiting for sooo many months.
hi fozzi, we fly on 26/10. aswell will be living in edmonton to.. what do you do. hope we can all meet in manchester airport.. kim....
chris kim is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:09 pm
  #28  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 42
chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by mandi moo View Post
It,ll work out Carl, you just have to keep going
Darren hasnt sat the exam yet, he has to go out and do a training course, but he isnt the guinea pig this time, they have all the right tutoring in place, thank god
He,s a bit worried about it, but im sure he,ll be fine this time and hes already swatting!!
Its harder going this time, my family seemed to think we had settled so they got a shock when i said we were going again , it,ll be fine though.
We are also going to manchester the day before and staying in the Bewley hotel, we stayed there last year and it was perfect and cheap.
All the paperworks goigng back and forth at the minute for work permits etc so ive been kept busy, next week i have all the packing to start, i cant see my birthday being much fun this year (20th) its only 5 days before we leave

xx
hi mandy thats a bit spoooky.. my birthday is on same day as you and we emigrate on same day as you. kim...
chris kim is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:21 pm
  #29  
Forum Regular
 
fozzy33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 183
fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Hi Kim,

I am a nurse and will be working with Capital Health, what about yourself??
fozzy33 is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:47 pm
  #30  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by chris kim View Post
hi mandy thats a bit spoooky.. my birthday is on same day as you and we emigrate on same day as you. kim...
Wow, that is a coincidence lol, we will have alot to celebrate in the airport then
Im having a meal on the wed night with all my mates and usualy it would be a great night, but im sooooo dreading it
I never gave a thought to Xmas around the corner aswell, my first one without my mum, im going to have to arrange something really special to make it up to the kids
mandi moo is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.