Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Flights are booked!!!

Flights are booked!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:17 pm
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by mandi moo
Wow, that is a coincidence lol, we will have alot to celebrate in the airport then
Im having a meal on the wed night with all my mates and usualy it would be a great night, but im sooooo dreading it
I never gave a thought to Xmas around the corner aswell, my first one without my mum, im going to have to arrange something really special to make it up to the kids

Hi Mandi, I'm so excited for you flying out soon. We are hoping to fly out to Vancouver in May 2009, so this xmas will be our last with all our extended family we are making it extra special, maybe staying with them for a few days.

The one thing that makes me sad about moving out there is that my daughter is only 9 months old, she'll be about 18 months old by the time we go and she will never really remember my family, my son is very close to his grannies and grandads and I think will always have that bond whereas with my daughter they wont.

Laura xx
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Flights are booked!!!

Originally Posted by DSLJFreeman
Hi Mandi, I'm so excited for you flying out soon. We are hoping to fly out to Vancouver in May 2009, so this xmas will be our last with all our extended family we are making it extra special, maybe staying with them for a few days.

The one thing that makes me sad about moving out there is that my daughter is only 9 months old, she'll be about 18 months old by the time we go and she will never really remember my family, my son is very close to his grannies and grandads and I think will always have that bond whereas with my daughter they wont.

Laura xx
Hi Laura, i can sympathise with you there coz my sister had a baby girl last year, she is 14 months old now and im am sooo close to her
Its going to be hard to say goodbye to her, especially missing her growing up, im also worried she wont know me when i visit, we both have webcams though with microphones so im going to make sure she knows her Auntie Mandi on the tv screen atleast
I know from last time that the kids loved talking with my mum and dad on the webcams and when i spoke to them it felt like they were in the next street rather than a different country
Hope that helps xx
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:40 pm
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

We've all agreed to get webcams, they are a must

I know it will be hard, but who knows, we will prob move out there and end up sponsoring my family to come over

I know my mum is already planning on coming out for 6 weeks when we're settled, it has finally sank in with her that we are moving and I can see it's affecting her, she's normally not an emotional person, but she's become so much more affectionate and excited to see or hear from us, she is having my son for the half term week and she's already bought loads of activities, my sil is planning a halloween party and my mum has bought him an outfit.

It's nice to see her like this but it's also breaking my heart as I know we will have to say goodbye soon and I don't think I'm strong enough to cope with my mum crying
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

WOW what a flight you lot are going to have.....
Will let immagration know to order the extra tissues

Good luck mandi
(ive just applied for my first job...now i wait and see )

Good luck to everyone on that flight, make sure your luggage is under the 20kg each as the check in staff make you pay the excess :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moondevil
WOW what a flight you lot are going to have.....
Will let immagration know to order the extra tissues

Good luck mandi
(ive just applied for my first job...now i wait and see )

Good luck to everyone on that flight, make sure your luggage is under the 20kg each as the check in staff make you pay the excess :curse:

Where have you applied to? Lots of luck with it xx
My mums the opposite, shes pretending its not happening and wont talk to me about it, she always does this till the last minute bless her, but then again, it is the 3rd time ive left
Im having a mare finding rentals!!! Daz decided not to take furniture so im looking at furnished ones for 6 months, there like gold dust or you need gold to pay for them
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:14 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi mandi

just applied at walmart...like the sound of the discounts

We had hassle with OH family, but now we are here im not stressing on it, in the uk it really hurt when they wouldnt listen, but the kids do miss them, but they have such a fab life now and settled at school.

Have you tried a few of the expats that are renting?? ask who they used?
i know rachel is renting, she may know someone around calgary that has something, i have her email if you need it

gill
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi mandi

We had hassle with OH family, but now we are here im not stressing on it, in the uk it really hurt when they wouldnt listen, but the kids do miss them, but they have such a fab life now and settled at school.

i know rachel is renting, she may know someone around calgary that has something, i have her email if you need it

gill
Well i hope you get it and your a smiler coz theres some miserable staff in there lol!!
Ive tried every website going, plenty unfurnished, but not many furnished,and im so fussy its gonna be hard
I think i,ll leave it till we arrive and maybes look at buying some furniture, either new or second hand.
I had a great one but she rented it out whilst i was thinking about it
I,ll take any help going though, so rachels email would be great, thanks xx
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:41 pm

PM sent for you
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:40 pm
I'm here somewhere

Hi mandi

gill
Sorry to gatecrash, but what discounts do you get at walmart and whats the hourly rate? I currently work for Asda and when we get over to Vancouver I'm thinking about applying for a job with walmart, just hope my experience with asda with go for me.

Thanks
Laura x
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hay Mand,

sounds like your really up for it, it's so exciting and scary all in one.

send our good luck to Darren for us, pretty sure he will do ok.

There is so much to do, we had started to get party and container etc ready to book, so now it's all pre book and on back burner. It's so frustrating that we not going yet, bum, poo!!!!!!!!!

You just taking boxes then. Where you thinking of living, you going to rent?

Anyway have great time and enjoy it as best you can, we will be thinking of you all. Please keep in touch,
speak soon,
Carl
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by DSLJFreeman
Sorry to gatecrash, but what discounts do you get at walmart and whats the hourly rate? I currently work for Asda and when we get over to Vancouver I'm thinking about applying for a job with walmart, just hope my experience with asda with go for me.

Thanks
Laura x
Hi

im sure mandi doesnt mind, not sure on the wages, have been told they are not brilliant, but you get 10% i think of what ive been told.
there is a section at the top that advises if you have worked for there group before, so im not sure if you can tick that or not

ill PM you when i get more details, also are you going in on pr or open work permit??

Gill
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Just thought i would add to this thread i have booked the flights now from man-calgary 26th oct had a email from cic today saying new work permit issued (needed new one after son decided he wanted to come) and its been posted special delivery today...woohooooo
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Julie_p
Just thought i would add to this thread i have booked the flights now from man-calgary 26th oct had a email from cic today saying new work permit issued (needed new one after son decided he wanted to come) and its been posted special delivery today...woohooooo
woohoo Julie, congrats xx
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Nice one Julie, wishing you well and good luck. Keep us posted please, good to hear how you are all doing.

Congrats and regards,
Carl
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie_p
Great news Julie, all that worry and now sorted, good luck all of you on that flight, will need a roll call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.