Coronavirus

Old Dec 14th 2021, 1:39 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Nand
I thought Asians have been wearing masks for a long time because of SMOG. So prolly they will continue to wear them, uncomfortable or not.
Soon westerners will wear them for SMOG too.
SMOG causes so many bronchial and lung diseases, and its just painful to breath in all that dirty air.
Well, of course that is my just my own experience when I have to walk in smoggy areas, not scientifically verified.
My understanding is that is more the cultural and societal norm to think of others and not wish to spread your cold/flu/C19 to them. Contrast is with the Western individualist approach of "my freedom and liberty is being eroded because I have to wear a mask and I don't care about the impact on others.". c.f America, United States of.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 2:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
this Israeli study says that natural immunity is superior to the 2 shot vaccine.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1

Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.
I actually posted that myself previously. It still says "not peer reviewed."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1

One also had to consider that this was only found in the people who survived. Those who had died while achieving natural immunity didn't do so well.

Note that even in that conclusion a mix of delta and the vax is better again, so while some may argue natural immunity is better, being vaxxed is still better.
Originally Posted by Shard
This may well be true, and there may be multiple studies that confirm it. The problem with such findings is that some members of the public will assume that a natural immune response is sufficient/superior to fight an infection, when in fact the infection will kill many more of those unvaccinated than vaccinated.
As well as those points above better immunity was only in some people. Obviously it wasn't better in the dead ones but older people, those with health conditions - unsurprisingly - didn't fare so well and also as I said earlier, a third of them had undetectable levels of antibodies.

Then there's the fact that Delta didn't really take a hold until this year while the vaccines were based on what went before. Had it emerged earlier, the vaccines may well have been adapted.

Honestly, I don't know why some are so keen at promoting natural immunity. Even the research that has positive news about it is carrying plenty of 'buts' and 'howevers' and then there's Natural News (a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, and far-right extremism) promoting natural immunity INSTEAD of vaccine immunity among its other claims of the vaccines killing almost a quarter as many of the death by covid figure and how Vitamin D could end Covid.

If a bunch of nutters who believe lizards are controlling the world and bleach is good for you are promoting a particular view about anything, we should all be double checking it.

Last edited by BristolUK; Dec 14th 2021 at 2:28 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 2:34 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least we're not in Norway. LINK
Old Dec 14th 2021, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Well, at least we're not in Norway. LINK
Well that really is ridiculous!! that's the final straw!
Old Dec 14th 2021, 4:30 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Honestly, I don't know why some are so keen at promoting natural immunity. Even the research that has positive news about it is carrying plenty of 'buts' and 'howevers' and then there's Natural News (a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, and far-right extremism) promoting natural immunity INSTEAD of vaccine immunity among its other claims of the vaccines killing almost a quarter as many of the death by covid figure and how Vitamin D could end Covid.

If a bunch of nutters who believe lizards are controlling the world and bleach is good for you are promoting a particular view about anything, we should all be double checking it.
If you (the antivaxer, not you Bristol) want to place your faith in sticking horse dewormer up your jacksie then fill your boots. I'll be over here with the vaccines...

The antixvax crowd continue to stoop to new lows. A former colleague of mine and his wife were found dead in their home last week. No cause of death reported, police investigating. Amid the "thoughts and prayers" facebook posts, one particular supporter of Maxime Bernier, found time to suggest that they'd been killed by the vaccine. What a !tiwkcuF
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they were killed by someone who had a hate on Antivaxers?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
My understanding is that is more the cultural and societal norm to think of others and not wish to spread your cold/flu/C19 to them. Contrast is with the Western individualist approach of "my freedom and liberty is being eroded because I have to wear a mask and I don't care about the impact on others.". c.f America, United States of.

What did your response have to do with my comment that Asia has more smog and Asians wear more masks, have worn more masks and will continue to do so, as we will even of Covid clears up, we will do so because smog is getting worse. ?

What has that got to do with Americans cultural differences from Asians?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

What did your response have to do with my comment that Asia has more smog and Asians wear more masks, have worn more masks and will continue to do so, as we will even of Covid clears up, we will do so because smog is getting worse. ?

What has that got to do with Americans cultural differences from Asians?
It's not just smog, it's collectivism (not wishing to infect others) vs. individualism (with USA being the preeminent example of).

And thanks for joking about my friend who died last week. You're quite the wit.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well wat did they die from?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's not just smog, it's collectivism (not wishing to infect others) vs. individualism (with USA being the preeminent example of).

And thanks for joking about my friend who died last week. You're quite the wit.
Interesting, I did not know that Americans were the preeminent example of selfish people in the whole world.

Collectivism vs Individualism. That is also quite a grand polarization, you know?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 6:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I did not know that Americans were the preeminent example of selfish people in the whole world.
Where have you been?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 7:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Rand Paul is selfish enough on his own to balance out 1,000,000 citizens of anywhere else, and then there's Donald Trump ...
Old Dec 14th 2021, 9:08 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

44 confirmed Omicron cases in BC. Out of those 44, only seven of the identified cases, including two in children under the age of 11, involved people who were not vaccinated.

Did the vaccination help to spread the virus?
Old Dec 14th 2021, 9:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Your understanding is correct.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 9:20 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Scientist on C4 News tonight sounding fairly worried about Omicron. He noted that Omicron may not push out Delta (which seems to be the theme since it's emergence) but co-exist with Delta and provide further opportunity for mutation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.