Coronavirus

Old Dec 7th 2021, 6:05 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Gozit
Do you have personal experience on this? I've always wondered if this ever actually happens, lol.
BA lost ours once on a trip to Paris. It worked out well for us as our insurance would pay out 50 quid if the luggage was missing for more than 24 hours and the cases were delivered to the hotel after 26hours. Stuff was missing too so we claimed for that and from the airline. Great result all round

This was in 1980 something so 50 quid was almost half the weekend cost. Also we didn't mind being stinky.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 9:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...ol?tab=summary

928 positive tests in Ontario today.. but hospitalisations are much lower.. which is probably more relative.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...ool?tab=trends

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 7th 2021 at 10:43 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 1:02 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The light at the end of that tunnel was WebEx!
How do you facilitate "Steak and Strippers" to the decision-makers at your clients via WebEx?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 2:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
How do you facilitate "Steak and Strippers" to the decision-makers at your clients via WebEx?
I do miss some corporate events; watching a man eat a 32oz steak isn't something I would google but it's mesmerizing when it's across the table. On the other hand, the prostitution at defense industry events is horrible on multiple levels and the ****ing Blue Man Group were dismal the first time, never mind the forty-eighth, so, all in all, remote sales are better.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 3:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the totally off topic posts about luggage and eating steaks are fascinating for the very few posting about them - for the rest of us, most would quite like to discuss COVID in Canada - you know - the title of the thread??

For links to each Province and lots of other information - see: https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.htm

Summary of COVID-19 cases across Canada and over time. Contains detailed data about the spread of the virus over time and in different regions of the country. Includes breakdowns by age and sex or gender. Provides an overview of hospitalizations and deaths, testing, variants of concern and exposures.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 8th 2021 at 3:25 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 3:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Covid is a bad thing. Vaccination is a good thing.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 3:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a immigration thread/section, so slight thread drift is allowed, as it is in all of the forum, so for the love of god, can people stop reporting every post?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. The first time it happened by accident, I waited a couple of hours for the bag and it wasn't unloaded so I went home. The next week it turned up. After that I didn't stopped trying to collect the bag and just waited for it to turn up. I suppose I did that in Toronto a couple of dozen times. It doesn't work so well on the outbound journey though, your bags ends up following you around America or Europe, or wherever, always one day behind where you are. That happened a few times, always when there was a tight connection, I made it but the bag didn't.

I understand that, post-911, bags are supposed to be on the same planes as the owners but I know that not to be reliably the case (pun intended).
Good to know. I try not to have anything i wouldn't mind losing in my suitcase so i'll keep that in mind if my bag just doesn't turn up lol.

I assume they just took your address from the booking/PNR, or your luggage tag?
Old Dec 8th 2021, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know. I try not to have anything i wouldn't mind losing in my suitcase so i'll keep that in mind if my bag just doesn't turn up lol.

I assume they just took your address from the booking/PNR, or your luggage tag?
I always place an large piece of paper on top of the contents in my case. I write my name and phone number, flight details and a forwarding address ie hotel details or home address.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I always place an large piece of paper on top of the contents in my case. I write my name and phone number, flight details and a forwarding address ie hotel details or home address.
Good idea. I'll have to start doing that.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 6:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have personal experience on this? I've always wondered if this ever actually happens, lol.
One time I had a flight delay at Pearson. When I landed in Amsterdam I had to sprint to make my connection. Sadly the luggage didn't follow.

I landed at Bordeaux airport and was given a 700 Euro allowance. I could not believe my luck!

Sadly no stores are open in France on a Sunday in that part of the world and despite being in a remote chateau in the Dordogne my luggage still found me.

If it is going to happen make sure you are in London or Paris where they have decent stores!
Old Dec 8th 2021, 6:52 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Covid is a bad thing. Vaccination is a good thing.
This Omicron thing might be a silver lining.
It is hoped that it will overtake and wipe out the Delta variant but give very mild (cold like) symptoms instead of putting people in hospital like the delta does.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
It is hoped that it will overtake and wipe out the Delta variant but give very mild (cold like) symptoms instead of putting people in hospital like the delta does.
I hope so too.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

We keep hearing it's mild from various sources but of course lots of nervous governments adding extra restrictions just in case. Hopefully it will be the silver lining.
I still have to wonder at why we are continually getting daily case numbers from Bonnie Henry, do we really need to know that today there are 27 people in the Interior health region in ICU or there were 94 new cases?
These figures are showing that things are sitting reasonably static right now and we don't need to panic, there is certainly no ICU overload emergency in the entire interior health region. And 94 cases? I bet there were more emergency room visits for broken bones or work related injuries.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I hope so too.
Yep. Hopefully we are on our way to this becoming an "endemic".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.