Coronavirus

Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Interesting stats;
I'm not entirely convinced that is genuine. I've had a look over the ONS website and I can't find it. I even typed out that so called link in full and it doesn't work. I note, too, that the url is dated 2015 so it's a bit odd to see data from 5 years later.
Worldometer shows 71,567 deaths in the UK from covid.

Are you sure you haven't obtained this from some sort of fake news website?

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 30th 2020 at 3:23 pm. Reason: reduced size of quoted image
Old Dec 30th 2020, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...ad-and-barley/

This sort of situation may well explain the issues they are having in LA.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm not entirely convinced that is genuine. I've had a look over the ONS website and I can't find it. I even typed out that so called link in full and it doesn't work. I note, too, that the url is dated 2015 so it's a bit odd to see data from 5 years later.
Worldometer shows 71,567 deaths in the UK from covid.

Are you sure you haven't obtained this from some sort of fake news website?
I've had a quick look and the previous years figures are defiantly genuine the source is here :Deaths registered in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

I will try and look for the 2020 figures have come from later.

Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Makes sense if you look at the demographics of those who have died
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

So we appear to have 70,000 + premature deaths due to Covid (as opposed to other causes), premature as in a year or 3 for the very elderly down to several years for the middle aged and decades for the younger.

Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
I've had a quick look and the previous years figures are defiantly genuine the source is here :Deaths registered in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

I will try and look for the 2020 figures have come from later.
So the table is making it appear there were no additional deaths in covid year - the sort of claim that comes from deniers trying to convince people it's all a hoax and designed to control us.

On the same website one can find these snippets
In Week 51
  • The number of deaths registered was 12.7% above the five-year average
  • Of the deaths registered 2,986 mentioned "novel coronavirus (COVID-19)", accounting for 22.9% of all deaths in England and Wales
  • Of the 2,986 deaths involving COVID-19, 2,557 had this recorded as the underlying cause of death (85.6%).
These facts don't really lend themselves to the possibility that 2020 deaths (all causes) were perfectly in line with the usual numbers.

Worldometer lists over 70k covid deaths in the UK. The ONS England and Wales figure mentions 22.9% of all deaths being covid related.

If, with all these deaths attributed to covid from two different sources, if the overall death figure was pretty much unchanged something must have been saving the lives of people who would otherwise have died. I wonder what it was? Remarkable given that people haven't been able to get the hospital treatment they'd normally get thanks to hospitals dealing with covid.

I mean there have been figures produced in a few countries about falls in various diagnoses and necessary treatments and it's not been because cancer, for example has been disappearing.

So we have covid deaths and increased deaths from other issues and someone is trying to convince us that overall deaths are 'normal'? I don't buy it.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

There is simply not the data to make any sensible conclusion. The source material can be misleading. I use the example of my Mother who clearly died of her numerous bouts with Cancer, Cancer was not mentioned on her Death Cerificate.

So you have people who are shall we say at risk, and if just for example Covid came in with a good year for Flu deaths, that population being susceptible to both there would be a degree of cancellation. The actually variables would need good data and a super computer to work through.

Yes there have been deaths due to lack of other Medical services, but probably less road deaths due to reduced traffic, just for example.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There is simply not the data to make any sensible conclusion. The source material can be misleading. I use the example of my Mother who clearly died of her numerous bouts with Cancer, Cancer was not mentioned on her Death Cerificate.

So you have people who are shall we say at risk, and if just for example Covid came in with a good year for Flu deaths, that population being susceptible to both there would be a degree of cancellation. The actually variables would need good data and a super computer to work through.

Yes there have been deaths due to lack of other Medical services, but probably less road deaths due to reduced traffic, just for example.
Exactly!
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

My father died of pancreatic cancer...first cause of death on his death certificate is diabetes mellitus (which he had from being a young child).
Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The Saskatchewan Coroners Service has obtained additional morgue storage.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...city-1.5857414
Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
The Saskatchewan Coroners Service has obtained additional morgue storage.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...city-1.5857414
Not something you want to be happening in the place you live
Old Dec 30th 2020, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Man in Vancouver didn't learn with warnings, then fines, and kept hosting parties in his condo, so on Christmas Day police surprised him with an arrest warrant! Hope the parties were worth it, now he is on bail and has bail conditions to meet or back in jail he goes.

Police have received at least 12 complaints about this guy, and was fined 2 times in addition to warnings so not like he didn't have a chance, if anything he had too many chances.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 7:44 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Brother in uk has just tested positive
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Brother in uk has just tested positive

Fingers crossed he has a mild case.

I went trough the worry with my sister and her family 2 months ago, thankfully they are pulled through it.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 8:22 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

He's actually asymptomatic. But like many in the Uk has been playing fast and loose with lockdown rulesTrouble is . He's not the one paying the price. We'd finally managed to get my elderly mother a hospital appointment with a view to get her the surgery she needs to be pain freeThat's going to have to be cancelled now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.