Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Wikiposts

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Originally Posted by oldbag
Anyone here remember Wendy Richard?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/2251337.stm

Okay, so what's the difference in the recent deaths of Wendy Richards and Jade Goody? Why is one death a "sad loss" and the other not even mentioned here on BE?
There was a small thread for Wendy and a mention was made in other threads. Nothing on the same scale though.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:37 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london52
If the cap fits old bag
Strange, when if you can't think of anything intelligent to say, people just resort to personal insults......
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:40 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
There was a small thread for Wendy and a mention was made in other threads. Nothing on the same scale though.
Ah - I missed that; but as you said, it obviously wasn't on the same scale, and the reasons for that fascinate me.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:44 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Strange, when if you can't think of anything intelligent to say, people just resort to personal insults......
Thats your name
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:45 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Ah - I missed that; but as you said, it obviously wasn't on the same scale, and the reasons for that fascinate me.
Because it was boring and there was not really anything bad to say about Wendy who was a nice person, people only like bad news and having a rant about someone they don’t like.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:47 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Because it was boring and there was not really anything bad to say about Wendy who was a nice person, people only like bad news and having a rant about someone they don’t like.
Also it was less voyeuristic
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:52 am
itchy feet again!

I did not dislike Jade Goody, and haven't ever said I disliked her.......that's your (incorrect) interpretation. I never knew her, so how could I like or dislike her? What I have said is I dislike the way other people have put her on some sort of pedestal when it is patently not deserved. The reaction to her death is way OTT....but this seems to be more and more the way of things now.....this public weeping and wailing for someone most of us never even met.

Last edited by Jay Bird; Mar 26th 2009 at 4:54 am.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:19 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

What I find both sad and remarkable is this thread has taken up 7.5 hours of today alone and there have been over 50 posts.

1) Is it really worth it?
2) Shouldnt we just her name and (earlier) actions fade?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by act1980
Her life is apparently now going to be made into a film!!

It's allegedly going to be called 'Catch a Falling Star'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-pipeline.html
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:37 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
What I find both sad and remarkable is this thread has taken up 7.5 hours of today alone and there have been over 50 posts.

1) Is it really worth it?
2) Shouldnt we just her name and (earlier) actions fade?
Just read all twelve pages of the thread. I was particularly impressed when someone won $50 betting against themself!???

The coverage of Jade's death has certainly been over the top but I would not wish cancer on many people. Ultimately if Jade had not ignored her first letter she'd still be here and if Princess Diana had had the sense to put on her seat belt she'd be here too but human error causes tragic accidents.

Tomorrow after work I am going to drink one beer each for Jade Goody, Wendy Richards, Princess Diana, Jesus and anyone else I can squeeze in.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to drink and die.

Last edited by JamesM; Mar 26th 2009 at 10:48 am.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:53 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Martindale
Tomorrow after work I am going to drink one beer each for Jade Goody, Wendy Richards, Princess Diana, Jesus and anyone else I can squeeze in.
Be sure to fasten your seatbelt after chugging that lot.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:24 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

It is sad when someone dies young. However to be honest I never understood the mass appeal of Jade Goody. Maybe she gave hope to unattractive thick girls with bad manners hope they could be rich and famous too?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gingnut
It is sad when someone dies young. However to be honest I never understood the mass appeal of Jade Goody. Maybe she gave hope to unattractive thick girls with bad manners hope they could be rich and famous too?
And your kids are attractive and intelligent?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:10 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

And your kids are attractive and intelligent?
Don't get personal london52, it's a big no no!

Insulting a member who can defend themselves is one thing, bringing family into it is quite another...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Don't get personal london52, it's a big no no!

Insulting a member who can defend themselves is one thing, bringing family into it is quite another...
Calling someone who has just died "thick and ugly" is worse in my book..and I asked a question and did not insult anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.