whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Well the RSMS failed last friday! Due to wrong sort of contract apparently.

So as OH was 45 at the weekend we quick smart submitted 175 - but no ielts yet which we need for extra points and 475 in case the late ielts messes us up! Loads of $$$$

Anyhow now we wait on them. At least its good to have lodged

Safin
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenSauce
Hi all!

We are also on a 457 visa atm and just about to send off aplication for PR via ENS (856). And we are also having a baby - in about 4 weeks

From what we had researched before we had the impression that the ENS visa only takes a few weeks, but now the HR lady at hubbies office says its more like 5-7 months

From what I read on Centrelink, you must have PR within 26 weeks to be elligible for the baby bonus unfortunately...

So, do you reckon its better to wait with the PR application until bubs is actually born, or shouldnt we rather hand in the application now (we have mentioned we are preggers and added a letter from OB with EDD) and then add his meds and stuff when he's born??
Of course we would also have to add him to our current 457 visa, but that shouldnt be a problem should it??
Confusing I know, but someone out there must understand what I'm saying

Cheers GS
No way do I think you should wait! I think the HR woman is wrong. Doesn't she know about the new priorities. Someone just got a RSMS (like ens but regional) in 6 DAYS. Employer sponsored are the highest priority til end of this visa year. 5-7months was the standard processing time they used toquote as guidelines. Don't think they have any bearing on reality right now.

If you are eligble now then do it now. Employers have been known to change their minds or something else happens which takes away your eligibility

BTW good luck with bubs.

Not sure what you do if you aleady got the visa before the birth but fairly sure you can add him on if born before by letting the co know. Just check you know what each timescale means to you before acting
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Safin
No way do I think you should wait! I think the HR woman is wrong. Doesn't she know about the new priorities. Someone just got a RSMS (like ens but regional) in 6 DAYS. Employer sponsored are the highest priority til end of this visa year. 5-7months was the standard processing time they used toquote as guidelines. Don't think they have any bearing on reality right now.

If you are eligble now then do it now. Employers have been known to change their minds or something else happens which takes away your eligibility

BTW good luck with bubs.

Not sure what you do if you aleady got the visa before the birth but fairly sure you can add him on if born before by letting the co know. Just check you know what each timescale means to you before acting
Thanks Safin, just what I thought! We have told her to hand in the papers ASAP - bubs can be added later no matter when the visa is issued. Will probably have to have meds done, and I might have to repeat mine, as they will have expired but anyway...

Sorry to hear about your RSMS failing! Good luck for the 175 - I've read about late ielts not being a problem - did you tell them the date of the test? if yes they will just hold any work on the application until they have the results. fingers crossed!

Last edited by GreenSauce; Feb 4th 2009 at 4:14 am.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the RSMS failed last friday! Due to wrong sort of contract apparently.

So as OH was 45 at the weekend we quick smart submitted 175 - but no ielts yet which we need for extra points and 475 in case the late ielts messes us up! Loads of $$$$

Anyhow now we wait on them. At least its good to have lodged

Safin
shit ! saf

sending you lots of hugs and

hitchy& aussie
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
shit ! saf

sending you lots of hugs and

hitchy& aussie
yeah we said a few things similar mainly due to incomplete agent advice compounded by slow company. :curse:

Its cost us extra 6 months of stress, especially only getting result from RCB day before his 45th after lots of pushing to even achieve that, extra insurance application and lost us being 6 months closer to PR and all that entails incl a home of our own, first time buyer grants etc etc

At least we are seeing it out over here though
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah we said a few things similar mainly due to incomplete agent advice compounded by slow company. :curse:

Its cost us extra 6 months of stress, especially only getting result from RCB day before his 45th after lots of pushing to even achieve that, extra insurance application and lost us being 6 months closer to PR and all that entails incl a home of our own, first time buyer grants etc etc

At least we are seeing it out over here though
i think i would have said far naughty words than poo i have to say

words like bucket :curse: fluck :curse: would have been used even the nasty c :curse:word =that i never ever use would have been used - sending you love chuck

so what are you going to do now ?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

i think i would have said far naughty words than poo i have to say

words like bucket :curse: fluck :curse: would have been used even the nasty c :curse:word =that i never ever use would have been used - sending you love chuck

so what are you going to do now ?
Oh we did use more colourful words that poo!

We have applied for 175 and 475 now as if one fails too late to try again afterwards.

175 is bit uncertain due to IELTS not yet being done for extra points. Going to also try and get a 176 sponsorship even though not on list (500 off list places out there to give to someone!)

475 really is last chance/choice saloon but gets us there in the end. Just don't like to be temp so long as who knows what will happen in next few years.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sending you love saf and lots of luck xxx keep the faith x
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your bad news Safin.

Are the rest of you guys, frontloading your meds?

We are hoping to do everything in advance. Then in July just do the online form.

Just realised the kids passports are running out so added cost now as got 4 passports to buy!

Anyone had meds in Perth?
How was it and is it booked up?

Gems
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gems
Sorry about your bad news Safin.

Are the rest of you guys, frontloading your meds?

We are hoping to do everything in advance. Then in July just do the online form.

Just realised the kids passports are running out so added cost now as got 4 passports to buy!

Anyone had meds in Perth?
How was it and is it booked up?

Gems
i have seen how much passports cost over here - how can they justify the cost ?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

i have seen how much passports cost over here - how can they justify the cost ?
go on scare us - we need some doing soonish. Is it better /possible to do it on a trip back to uk? Or even do it in uk and get it couriered back and forth?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

TYPE OF PASSPORT SERVICE FEE QTY TOTAL
Adult passport (32 page standard size)* $262
Adult passport (48 page jumbo size)* $317
Child’s passport (under 16 years of age)* $168

how can they justify the adults prices?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

TYPE OF PASSPORT SERVICE FEE QTY TOTAL
Adult passport (32 page standard size)* $262
Adult passport (48 page jumbo size)* $317
Child’s passport (under 16 years of age)* $168

how can they justify the adults prices?
To answer my own questions

UK prices
Adult if you are resident std size £72 ie about $162 @ $2.25 to £
one week turnaround with personal application £97 about $218
same day personal application £114 about $256

The passpor service say:-
You can find out where to apply for a passport at an overseas UK embassy by checking the list of these on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website (new window).

Alternatively, you may apply in person for a passport whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment at a passport office and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad.

Further reference:

* Regional passport offices
So if you have family in uk you could quite easily do a postal application and they'd be none the wiser. Alternatively if you have a trip back planned then a day visiting a regional passport office may be worth it
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sadly for me - i will have to bite the bullet and pay the $160+ fee as i wont be able to take baby out of au - to visit the uk- and i dont want to wait to send birth cert off to the uk get all the application done then sent back - as this will be taking to long as we want to get our ens application in as soon as we can after bub arrives
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sadly for me - i will have to bite the bullet and pay the $160+ fee as i wont be able to take baby out of au - to visit the uk- and i dont want to wait to send birth cert off to the uk get all the application done then sent back - as this will be taking to long as we want to get our ens application in as soon as we can after bub arrives
well try to think its only another $50 for the privilege of living here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.