whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by SunnyMD
To be honest we didn't look at any employer sponsored visa as they said no, we just went straight to the 175 to "go solo", so I don't know about eligibility for ENS or any other perm category

OH is a Radiographer with Queensland Health
Employer sponsored visas are the faster ones. If Radiographer is on the current CSL list you will get the 175 quicker than others applying for a 175 but not on any priority list like me...might be a bit of a long wait.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I'm in a similar position, as an electrical engineer. My manager mentioned help with ENS PR before I came here, along with a couple of other sweeteners like air tickets to and from the UK as I had to go back for an exam. When I turned up suddenly he wouldn't fulfil them and blamed other people (like the accountant) for not letting him. And, as it was verbal not written there seemed little I could do.

The ENS PR is handled by the manager like a carrot dangled in front of employers in the hope they'll stay. However, when I spoke to a senior member of staff they said that they never pay the cost of ENS PR for an employer, no matter how long they have stayed - but they would try to provide paperwork to get it. It looks a little fishy because the organisation doesn't give out more that one year contracts and somebody else here had difficultly convincing DIAC to give them ENS PR since they did not have a permanent job.

I asked what happened when an employee reached the end of the fourth year on a 457. I was told that either they paid for PR themselves or left.

I applied for 175 PR last October. The way I saw it was that it costs the same as ENS PR, so as I would pay the fee anyway better get it done sooner than later.

Finding another job is taking a little longer than I first thought as most organisations are mentioning recruitment freezes and to try again later. Still, once I have the PR then I don't have the hassle of having to find another sponsor within 28 days if this place folds. I'd probably just go down the beach every day!

Electrical Engineer is also mentioned on the CSL list so it would be good if it got things moving quicker. Saying that though from looking at the beupdate website it seems as if it takes immigration 6 months to issue a 175. Hopefully for me that would mean PR being granted around April time. I was thinking of taking a break in Hong Kong. It looked interesting from the airport.

It's annoying when a cr*p job is better than no job

Absolutely but, I would rather be here with the uncertainty than be back in the UK with the same uncertainty but without the view, weather and all the other awesome things we have to put up with ... like going to the beach

Remember those days of sitting in the cold wondering whether or not we were going to get the 457 and how long will it take and will it never get here and and and ..... how much better is this wait than that one was ?

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job - keep up the mantra and good luck
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by looky
Employer sponsored visas are the faster ones. If Radiographer is on the current CSL list you will get the 175 quicker than others applying for a 175 but not on any priority list like me...might be a bit of a long wait.
I think I read somewhere on here that somebody got their ENS through in 8 DAYS ?? WOW

We have gone back to QH and asked again for information about them sponsoring us permanently, but not holding out much hope at the moment, but in the meantime we have almost 3 years of a 4 year visa left, (surely our 175 will have come through in that time ??? ) so we're in a much better position than many on here and are grateful for that

Last edited by SunnyMD; Jan 13th 2009 at 1:34 am. Reason: Missed a bit !
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

We have gone back to QH and asked again for information about them sponsoring us permanently, but not holding out much hope at the moment, but in the meantime we have almost 3 years of a 4 year visa left, (surely our 175 will have come through in that time ??? ) so we're in a much better position than many on here and are grateful for that
lol I would hope you and ME would get the visa within 3 years! The thing is though you could save a bit of money on the health insurance once you get a PR status and of course resting your mind knowing you have a PR rather than a 457
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

[/B] Absolutely but, I would rather be here with the uncertainty than be back in the UK with the same uncertainty but without the view, weather and all the other awesome things we have to put up with ... like going to the beach

Remember those days of sitting in the cold wondering whether or not we were going to get the 457 and how long will it take and will it never get here and and and ..... how much better is this wait than that one was ?

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job - keep up the mantra and good luck
Oh I'm happy to be in Australia, I only got back the other day from riding my bike around Tassie. At the end of this year I want to either do the Ghan or Queensland. The git thing I have is that it may take me a little while longer to get out of this hell-with-fluorescent-lighting than I originally thought it would.

I really can't remember who said this - the measure of someone is when times are hard not when they are easy. This situation is an opportunity to push through changes and work somewhere more enjoyable.

Failing that I'm off down the beach!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I'm in a similar position, as an electrical engineer. My manager mentioned help with ENS PR before I came here, along with a couple of other sweeteners like air tickets to and from the UK as I had to go back for an exam. When I turned up suddenly he wouldn't fulfil them and blamed other people (like the accountant) for not letting him. And, as it was verbal not written there seemed little I could do.

The ENS PR is handled by the manager like a carrot dangled in front of employers in the hope they'll stay. However, when I spoke to a senior member of staff they said that they never pay the cost of ENS PR for an employer, no matter how long they have stayed - but they would try to provide paperwork to get it. It looks a little fishy because the organisation doesn't give out more that one year contracts and somebody else here had difficultly convincing DIAC to give them ENS PR since they did not have a permanent job.

I asked what happened when an employee reached the end of the fourth year on a 457. I was told that either they paid for PR themselves or left.

I applied for 175 PR last October. The way I saw it was that it costs the same as ENS PR, so as I would pay the fee anyway better get it done sooner than later.

Finding another job is taking a little longer than I first thought as most organisations are mentioning recruitment freezes and to try again later. Still, once I have the PR then I don't have the hassle of having to find another sponsor within 28 days if this place folds. I'd probably just go down the beach every day!

Electrical Engineer is also mentioned on the CSL list so it would be good if it got things moving quicker. Saying that though from looking at the beupdate website it seems as if it takes immigration 6 months to issue a 175. Hopefully for me that would mean PR being granted around April time. I was thinking of taking a break in Hong Kong. It looked interesting from the airport.

It's annoying when a cr*p job is better than no job
Thats the problem with ENS you cannot rely on the employer, they do not have to supply company profit reports or any other type audits (which costs them time and money) if they employ someone who is already a PR or Australian citizen.

If you are seeking ENS PR you are not fully in control of the application, the company should pay your application but they might whinge at the cost ($2105 compared to $500 for a 457) plus then they make you feel as if they done you a favour.

If you go indpendent you are in control/responsible for the paperwork, you are paying for it, and you feel as if have become a PR totally on your own merits.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Hi,

Anyone out there on a 457 who has just applied for their 176?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
If you are seeking ENS PR you are not fully in control of the application, the company should pay your application but they might whinge at the cost ($2105 compared to $500 for a 457) plus then they make you feel as if they done you a favour. We're paying our own and they still make us feel that way!

If you go indpendent you are in control/responsible for the paperwork, you are paying for it, and you feel as if have become a PR totally on your own merits. If you have the choice thats great!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

abhibytes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot hitchcock for this - 457 to PR was a much needed thread .
Well..Me and my spouse came here on 457 in Nov 07. Waited for a year and had taken approval for ENS from my employer who were willing to sponsor after an year.
So hapen to start my process in Oct 08 for skill assessment from ACS under RPL (ENS has either of 3 conditions - 2 yrs on 457 and last 12 months with employer sponsoring ENS; Salary > 151K..; +ve Skill assessment and last 12 months with nominating employer) . so I am going with the third eligibility criteria.
1 Oct 08 - RPL application sent to ACS
27 Dec - Result +ve Skill asseseement
8th Dec -Employer submits Nomination for ENS (Waiting on DIAC for its approval)
Meantime getting Medicals and PCC done and planning to submit al together.
Heard it takes less than 2 months if submitting everything together.

Would keep you guys updated .
Thanks
Abhi
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Safin
Yeah thanks...... the point I was making is ENS is no easy or faster route as many people would now think due to the new rules.

There is advantages and disadvantages to ENS just as there are advantages and disadvantages to Independent.

Please don't think I was having a go at you or anyone Safin.... I was just stating the fact........and that you can never rely on HR dept in any company wether you have a good relationship with them or not.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abhibytes
Thanks a lot hitchcock for this - 457 to PR was a much needed thread .
Well..Me and my spouse came here on 457 in Nov 07. Waited for a year and had taken approval for ENS from my employer who were willing to sponsor after an year.
So hapen to start my process in Oct 08 for skill assessment from ACS under RPL (ENS has either of 3 conditions - 2 yrs on 457 and last 12 months with employer sponsoring ENS; Salary > 151K..; +ve Skill assessment and last 12 months with nominating employer) . so I am going with the third eligibility criteria.
1 Oct 08 - RPL application sent to ACS
27 Dec - Result +ve Skill asseseement
8th Dec -Employer submits Nomination for ENS (Waiting on DIAC for its approval)
Meantime getting Medicals and PCC done and planning to submit al together.
Heard it takes less than 2 months if submitting everything together.

Would keep you guys updated .
Thanks
Abhi
I heard 2 weeks and someone posted 8 Days.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

cheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant future

Hi All,
Here is my story. I came to Aus Oct 2007 on a 457 visa; due to a work accident I had to find another job that wouldn't aggravate my injury. I found one that was a promotion and more along the lines of what I was doing back in the UK. My old employer seconded me until a new 457 came through. It took 14 weeks but it arrived today . My new boss is very keen to sponsor me on ENS and after a quick trip to HR, the nomination is winging its way to where it needs to be. Mean while, I have my part of the application ready to go and will present at immigration personally as soon as the approval come through (fingers crossed). As my job is on the CSL I hope that this one is quicker than the temporary one. Its no fun being a long term visitor but it will be worth the expense and the wait in the long run.

CM
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Yeah thanks...... the point I was making is ENS is no easy or faster route as many people would now think due to the new rules.

There is advantages and disadvantages to ENS just as there are advantages and disadvantages to Independent.

Please don't think I was having a go at you or anyone Safin.... I was just stating the fact........and that you can never rely on HR dept in any company wether you have a good relationship with them or not.
I never thought you were. In fact I hope my story reinforces your point to others.

We didn't have any choice til Dec when we got 1 yr experience for another 10 points towards a 175. Back in May when they agreed to it we thought it'd all be done and dusted long before Dec......
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

G'day all...

Just wanted to run this situation by those in the know.

We are 4 months into our 4 year 457, OH is main name on visa and has a good job, I have since landed a good job with a great employer. We intend to stay.

OH is pregnant, and will soon need to inform her employer. Research suggests that they will allow her a maximum of 3 months off - unpaid - and have the power to revoke the visa if there are any complications.

I'm thinking that the best route is to request 856 ENS from my employer (my job is on ENSOL). I think they will help. The hope is that PR will allow OH to return to her current job in a manner that suits our circumstances, allow us to buy a house without the messy Foreign Investments Review Board and stamp duty etc, and show commitment to my employer.

I intend to put this to my employer in 5 days time. I've spent a few hours searching the topic on BE, all seems well, but we would be grateful for any input from those with a view.

Any ideas how long a simple ENS is likely to take?

Great thread BTW... cheers!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sean101
G'day all...

Just wanted to run this situation by those in the know.

We are 4 months into our 4 year 457, OH is main name on visa and has a good job, I have since landed a good job with a great employer. We intend to stay.

OH is pregnant, and will soon need to inform her employer. Research suggests that they will allow her a maximum of 3 months off - unpaid - and have the power to revoke the visa if there are any complications.

I'm thinking that the best route is to request 856 ENS from my employer (my job is on ENSOL). I think they will help. The hope is that PR will allow OH to return to her current job in a manner that suits our circumstances, allow us to buy a house without the messy Foreign Investments Review Board and stamp duty etc, and show commitment to my employer.

I intend to put this to my employer in 5 days time. I've spent a few hours searching the topic on BE, all seems well, but we would be grateful for any input from those with a view.

Any ideas how long a simple ENS is likely to take?

Great thread BTW... cheers!
Came to Oz in Oct 07 on 457.
Spoke to employer Jan 09 about ENS and they agreed.
Possible employer sends for nomination in Mar or Apr 09.
Actual application from me is Oct 09.

I'm waiting the full 2 years before applying for PR to give us plenty of time to make the final decision whether to stay or not. Employer is going to sponsor us for PR but we have to pay the fees to the DIAC or agent depending on what we do, makes me happy as i'm not beholding to the company for any length of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.