whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by guiguioz
I am going off-shore in 1 week! Vanuatu, Fidji, NZ or New Caledonia...
Hey guiguioz, that's such great news... you got it pretty quick, good for you. Did you change over to 176 ss?

Mel.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Congrats
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Hey guiguioz, that's such great news... you got it pretty quick, good for you. Did you change over to 176 ss?

Mel.
yep, I have switched to a 176 State sponsored
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by guiguioz
yep, I have switched to a 176 State sponsored
Sorry to appear to be stupid....are you now moving?? Just trying to understand how it works.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Sorry to appear to be stupid....are you now moving?? Just trying to understand how it works.
Any updates peeps?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Redwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redwin
Hi All

Came out on 457 mid 07. Applied for ENS 856 in Feb 08. Told at the beginning of dec by CO thro Agent that the application was to be withdrawn otherwise it would be refused due to CO not happy with company when others have successfully moved from 457 - 856.

Agent then put in a complaint about CO.. Head honcho then called agent & totally agreed with her and CO will be reprimanded accordingly

Been told visa will be processed within the month. So hopefully will have PR by the end of January. Will believe it when I see it :curse:

Red
Hi Guys

STILL WAITING HERE :curse:

Company nomination re approve FINALLY on the 9/4.... CO now on holiday until the 28/4.. Been told ours will be the first case looked at when she returns!!!!!

Red
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by stu:0
Just a quick question! If and when we get PR granted (175 visa) i understand we have to leave Australia to validate. So who puts the visa in the passport?? Is it done as you pass through immigration coming back into OZ?? Also does the lead person on the application have to validate first??
thanks
You may already have the answer to these questions, but just for general info

We went to Vanuatu for Easter, our grant email arrived the day we left Oz, we then sat around for 9 days until our flight home (home ? Wahoo !! ) without getting the visas evidenced

On entering Oz we handed over our passports with our 457 visa sticker, I am fairly sure that we would have been allowed straight in, but I complicated things by showing the Immi Officer our grant letter.

She looked at the letter and our passports, then took us over to the Immi desk for confirmation.

3 members of staff came out to shake our hands and congratulate us, but none were the least bit concerned that we hadn't had our new visa evidenced, and the fact that our 457 should have been cancelled was not even mentioned.

We told them that we were going to Southport to get the stickers and we were on our way. Hubby went to Southport yesterday and got stickers put into all 3 passports (we didn't all have to go, but I sent a letter authorising OH to present my passport on my behalf just in case)

Simple as that

Long-winded, but I hope that helps

Oh, and although we had submitted State Sponsorship documentation, we were granted a 175 visa not a 176
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively we went to Auckland beginning of april and got the grant email 2 days after we left (bit worrying as we were told it would be the next day). Went to Auckland Immigration office the next workign day (monday) - waited an hour in the queue and had the stickers put in there and then!

On our way back in asked the immigration woman to stamp main applicant first as we had new PR visas. She said it didn't matter who she stamped first and never so much as smiled

We originally applied for a 175, added state sponsorship and switched to 176 as we didn't have enough points otherwise (then added IELTS results later so we did have enough) and also got granted the 175 even though we understood that didn't happen anymore if you were in the 176 pile. Maybe the same CO???
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Came to Oz in Oct 07 on 457.
Spoke to employer Jan 09 about ENS and they agreed.
Possible employer sends for nomination in Mar or Apr 09.
Actual application from me is Oct 09.

I'm waiting the full 2 years before applying for PR to give us plenty of time to make the final decision whether to stay or not. Employer is going to sponsor us for PR but we have to pay the fees to the DIAC or agent depending on what we do, makes me happy as i'm not beholding to the company for any length of time.
Well it ended up that we needed to apply quicker than we thought due to some dodgy advice we received when we came over.

So ACS application was applied for on 12th Mar this year. Just got email confirmation result is in the post so fingers crossed.

Will update either way when it comes.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
Alternatively we went to Auckland beginning of april and got the grant email 2 days after we left (bit worrying as we were told it would be the next day). Went to Auckland Immigration office the next workign day (monday) - waited an hour in the queue and had the stickers put in there and then!

On our way back in asked the immigration woman to stamp main applicant first as we had new PR visas. She said it didn't matter who she stamped first and never so much as smiled

We originally applied for a 175, added state sponsorship and switched to 176 as we didn't have enough points otherwise (then added IELTS results later so we did have enough) and also got granted the 175 even though we understood that didn't happen anymore if you were in the 176 pile. Maybe the same CO???

congratulations saf on becoming pr really pleased for you xxx
Originally Posted by wullieb1
Well it ended up that we needed to apply quicker than we thought due to some dodgy advice we received when we came over.

So ACS application was applied for on 12th Mar this year. Just got email confirmation result is in the post so fingers crossed.

Will update either way when it comes.

good luck x let us know how you get on
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
congratulations saf on becoming pr really pleased for you xxx

good luck x let us know how you get on
Congratulations and good luck to everyone else on their journey
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
currently in oz on 457, just applying for pr on ens,i turn 45 in june does my application have to be in before my 45th, or do diac need to have assessed my application before my 45th.
also when i applied on 457 in june 2008,can i reuse docs such as stat decs,police checks and form 80.
thanks in advance
mick
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

needs to be submitted before 45yrs - not assessed.

You can resuse docs if they are valid still - make sure form 80 is up to date though! If police checks are more than one year when assessed they MAY ask for them to be repeated if you have been in that country since doing it. They are processing ENS fast and you have a few months though!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Safin, not sure if I congratulated you on finally!!!! getting your PR. Delighted for you, I know it's not been easy. M
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

mickbro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Safin
needs to be submitted before 45yrs - not assessed.

You can resuse docs if they are valid still - make sure form 80 is up to date though! If police checks are more than one year when assessed they MAY ask for them to be repeated if you have been in that country since doing it. They are processing ENS fast and you have a few months though!
thanks for the reply safin, that gives us a bit more breathing space